Sevco Thread

10 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

They walked away and let their club die. They could'nt even be bothered to try and save it. Loyal indeed!

They sure did.

How many SevConians does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and 49,999 to spend the next 10 years howling that it’s the same lightbulb.

The lights went out on DeidCo in 2012 

?

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

They sure did.

1 to change the bulb and 49,999 to spend the next 10 years howling that it’s the same lightbulb.

?

Hmm

That wasn't funny 2 days ago and it sure isn't funny today

Let me give you some advice- don't regurgitate jokes, especially poor ones 

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Always found it strange that folk slag off the Central Belt Dons supporters, given the greatest Dons are pretty much all from there. 

Because most fans realise that it would be ridiculous to regard fans in the same way as people involved in the game professionally.  Whilst there is , of course , a natural level of satisfaction and pride in any local lad becoming a club legend (and in case you hadn’t realised there were a few of those in our greatest era) ,I reckon  most fans don’t really care where our  players come from, as long as they give their all for the club while they’re here and don’t disrespect us.

And , personally speaking , I am instinctively suspicious of any so-called fan of any club who latches on to a team without any good reason, but in particular local emotional attachment , to do so.  Obviously the glory hunting supporters of the arse cheeks from outwith Glasgow  whose main reason for supporting them is the nailed on guarantee of regular success, are the lowest of the low.  But any Dons “fan” who deserts his local team to “support” us is on a sticky wicket with me from the word go. Guilty (of being a dislikeable , loudmouth cunt) until proven innocent. 

There’s nothing more grating than a  weegie accent among the Dons away support, especially the sort who think they’re funny. Very rarely heard at Pittodrie.

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, redone said:

Because most fans realise that it would be ridiculous to regard fans in the same way as people involved in the game professionally.  Whilst there is , of course , a natural level of satisfaction and pride in any local lad becoming a club legend (and in case you hadn’t realised there were a few of those in our greatest era) ,I reckon  most fans don’t really care where our  players come from, as long as they give their all for the club while they’re here and don’t disrespect us.

And , personally speaking , I am instinctively suspicious of any so-called fan of any club who latches on to a team without any good reason, but in particular local emotional attachment , to do so.  Obviously the glory hunting supporters of the arse cheeks from outwith Glasgow  whose main reason for supporting them is the nailed on guarantee of regular success, are the lowest of the low.  But any Dons “fan” who deserts his local team to “support” us is on a sticky wicket with me from the word go. Guilty (of being a dislikeable , loudmouth cunt) until proven innocent. 

There’s nothing more grating than a  weegie accent among the Dons away support, especially the sort who think they’re funny. Very rarely heard at Pittodrie.

Heard a weegie at Pittodrie a few weeks in a row a few months back. 

Awful. 

42 minutes ago, redone said:

I personally don’t care where they’re from.

If they’re there to support the Dons, they’re welcome.

If your hatred is that strong, there’s “nothing more grating”, and you feel that strongly about it you should say something.
I somehow doubt you ever would or will. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Folk looking for a specific incident that sparked any rivalry with the huns are missing the point.

As far as I’m concerned ,speaking as someone who’s been a red since the early 70s the hatred and bitterness towards both sets of the arse cheeks was already there. I knew it from an early age from hearing my older brothers speaking about them. And from the glory-hunting tossers at school. 

There’s been some incidents along the way that have ramped up the hatred....but none that started it off.

17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I personally don’t care where they’re from.

If they’re there to support the Dons, they’re welcome.

If your hatred is that strong, there’s “nothing more grating”, and you feel that strongly about it you should say something.
I somehow doubt you ever would or will. 

Small minded parochial attitudes to discriminate against Dons fans based on where they're from. 

13 minutes ago, redone said:

Folk looking for a specific incident that sparked any rivalry with the huns are missing the point.

As far as I’m concerned ,speaking as someone who’s been a red since the early 70s the hatred and bitterness towards both sets of the arse cheeks was already there. I knew it from an early age from hearing my older brothers speaking about them. And from the glory-hunting tossers at school. 

There’s been some incidents along the way that have ramped up the hatred....but none that started it off.

This is about right I'd say.

Roll that together with their ingrained bigotry and general mankiness, it's not hatd to see why these specimens are disliked.

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

They sure did.

?

Got a better one than this for MillerHun.

The deluded Hun twats think the Patterson deal is brilliant as he’s not going to oust Tavernier and he’ll walk back to SevCo as a Bosman signing in 4 years time

Hahaha

14 hours ago, redone said:

There’s been some incidents along the way that have ramped up the hatred....but none that started it off.were

I think that's about right. I'm in same situation as you. Hearing my old man and his mates chat, there was always more of an edge when we played the cunts; took it all in. One of my earliest and favourite memories is beating them 5-1 in a league cup semi... and of course the game where Charlie Nick got the winner.

Plus a lot of my relatives were huns (not weegies), into all the masonic, royal family shite... wasn't brought up that way, thank fuck. 

43 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Most sources now seem to have settled at 9/10 up front rising to 12-14 depending on clauses.

£9m guaranteed fee is great business for a reserve right back.

A chunk of the debt removed & the first team unaffected.

Any other add ons just make it an even better deal. 

We should keep Ramsay another 18 months as it’ll hopefully increase his reputation & value.

Sell Ferguson now - he’s probably “maxed out” his value with us. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

£9m guaranteed fee is great business for a reserve right back.

A chunk of the debt removed & the first team unaffected.

Any other add ons just make it an even better deal. 

We should keep Ramsay another 18 months as it’ll hopefully increase his reputation & value.

Sell Ferguson now - he’s probably “maxed out” his value with us. 

Keeping him another 18 months puts him only 12 months from his contract expiring....unless he were to sign a new one in the interim. With 12 months to go on it teams would try low-balling us with the threat of just taking him under freedom of contract a year down the line. Plus there's always the danger he gets a Devlin/Hoban type injury and his value becomes £0 overnight. There's also always the small possibility (i suspect not) that he's a flash in the pan having a very decent few months but ultimately proves to be dross a la Cosgrove.

Sadly we have to strike while the iron is hot. But certainly don't accept any old offer of £3million......The Patterson deal should work in our favour. Although he hasn't any full caps as yet, he has played a lot more minutes and is the best part of 2 years younger. So £5million with decent add ons is a reasonable starting position.......ideally we get more than one club interested and start a bidding war.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Keeping him another 18 months puts him only 12 months from his contract expiring....unless he were to sign a new one in the interim. With 12 months to go on it teams would try low-balling us with the threat of just taking him under freedom of contract a year down the line. Plus there's always the danger he gets a Devlin/Hoban type injury and his value becomes £0 overnight. There's also always the small possibility (i suspect not) that he's a flash in the pan having a very decent few months but ultimately proves to be dross a la Cosgrove.

Sadly we have to strike while the iron is hot. But certainly don't accept any old offer of £3million......The Patterson deal should work in our favour. Although he hasn't any full caps as yet, he has played a lot more minutes and is the best part of 2 years younger. So £5million with decent add ons is a reasonable starting position.......ideally we get more than one club interested and start a bidding war.

Ok, I thought that would leave him 2 years.

My mistake.

Ok, sell him in the summer unless we get a really good offer this month. 

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

£10 million plus add ins, so maybe £14 million all in if he plays

I read it’s broken down as :-

£10.2m (£5m up front) potentially going up to £15.2m, Rangers will be due £1m for every 50 starts he makes within the original timeframe of his first contract, there's also a 10% sell-on clause on any profit within the next three years, 5.5yr deal.

interesting that the 10% sell on for the profit is only for the first 3 years

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I read it’s broken down as :-

£10.2m (£5m up front) potentially going up to £15.2m, Rangers will be due £1m for every 50 starts he makes within the original timeframe of his first contract, there's also a 10% sell-on clause on any profit within the next three years, 5.5yr deal.

interesting that the 10% sell on for the profit is only for the first 3 years

Yes, but that was from that Tim arsehole on Twitter was it not? 

He’s full of shit

Best ignored.