Sevco Thread

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Man flashed on bus in front of horrified passengers

Police have issued CCTV images of a man they want to speak to

spacer.png

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/man-flashed-bus-front-horrified-24412380

Why has this image only been released considering the alleged offence happened 7 weeks ago? 

Aah. I now get it. He's was a protected subhuman species, afforded immunity for any misdemeanour or act of criminality, on this very memorable date?. Due to no longer being afforded immunity, plod have reluctantly decided to pursue him. 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

Dumbest thing you have ever said and that’s saying something 

Not really - my opinion is always fact. ?

Also both Goram and McGregor were better shot stoppers, better in the air, better at one in ones and better with the ball at their feet.

You my friend are welcome to convince yourself Gordon is better as he's not got a Sevco background but for me he doesn't come close to either of the two mentioned above or Leighton. Gordon isn't even as good as Theo was in his prime for us.

8 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Also both Goram and McGregor were better shot stoppers, better in the air, better at one in ones and better with the ball at their feet.

You my friend are welcome to convince yourself Gordon is better as he's not got a Sevco background but for me he doesn't come close to either of the two mentioned above or Leighton. Gordon isn't even as good as Theo was in his prime for us.

Goram better in the air?

Cmon min, he was under 6ft, hardly came off his line and and punched everything when he did venture to the edge of the 6 yard box and under any pressure.

They were all great keepers but Goram was only peak for 5 years or so, Gordon and McGregor in my opinion was better than Goram due to the the performances they have produced throughout their careers.

11 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Craig Gordon couldn't lace Goram or McGregor's boots. That is a fact in my opinion. 

No fan of either of the two ex Sevco keepers but for me both miles better than Gordon.

You are getting flamed for this comment, probably unsurprisingly given this is a dons forum. However, What you have said is quite right.  You only have to look at Gordon when he went to England and the limitations it exposed in his game. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

Than Gordon?

Thats clearly garbage min. 

3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

You are getting flamed for this comment, probably unsurprisingly given this is a dons forum. However, What you have said is quite right.  You only have to look at Gordon when he went to England and the limitations it exposed in his game. 

I expected as much when I woke up this morning with a hell of a Bruichladdich induced hangover however for me and I stand by it today after a full day of tea and water that Gordon doesn't even deserve to be mentioned with both the above. 

As I said today not even as good as our Theo.

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Than Gordon?

Thats clearly garbage min. 

It's far from garbage its 100% spot on. It's Gordon that's garbage in the air and his weak pathetic attempts at punching a ball if he ever decides to venture off his life are an embarrassment to goalkeepers the world over. 

Celtic binned Gordon mainly for his inability to command his six yard box and he's the exact same in a Scotland jersey.

On 7/6/2022 at 10:25 PM, Millertime said:

Goram hit a higher peak than Leighton ?

When did he win European titles?

Personally I agree with you, Leighton wins overall. Fact is though, the Weegia and many contemporaries like Shilton have put peak Goram just ahead of Jim. 

6 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Personally I agree with you, Leighton wins overall. Fact is though, the Weegia and many contemporaries like Shilton have put peak Goram just ahead of Jim. 

Just wait until Jim inevitability passes away. He'll move ahead the two Goram's in the greatest goalie stakes in the eyes of the masses. Its what people do to dead people, put them on pedestals. 

Goram was an outstanding keeper, but Jim had better overall ability. Its just that blip at Utd that taints his career.

2 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Just wait until Jim inevitability passes away. He'll move ahead the two Goram's in the greatest goalie stakes in the eyes of the masses. Its what people do to dead people, put them on pedestals. 

Goram was an outstanding keeper, but Jim had better overall ability. Its just that blip at Utd that taints his career.

A thought they buried them, or a wee cremation!, unless your called David fuller of course as he just shags them.

3 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Doubt it somehow.  If , God forbid, Leighton were to get cancer and went public with it , do you really think the Record and the Sun would be giving daily updates on his condition and generally eulogising him ?

Christ, even a fuckin low-level non-entity was given the "legendary" treatment just because he was a Hun kitman 

• Upvote 1

Leighton would come out dive at attackers feet,

Come out and catch the ball,  do you remember when goalkeepers used to catch the ball ? If you are under 20 yrs of age probably not,

And the Leighton absolutely dominated his 18 yard box, 

And was adept at shit smearing although I'm sure Gorams Hun tendancies would also enable him to smear shite too.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

And for the ignorant that's all he'll be remembered for. Luckily, we know better. Before he joined utd he would have been one of the best going around anywhere.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
8 hours ago, redone said:

Doubt it somehow.  If , God forbid, Leighton were to get cancer and went public with it , do you really think the Record and the Sun would be giving daily updates on his condition and generally eulogising him ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/54154994.amp

Doing better with it cos he's not been a pure booze hound for 40 years like Goram. 

On 7/8/2022 at 1:47 PM, alscotoz said:

And for the ignorant that's all he'll be remembered for. Luckily, we know better. Before he joined utd he would have been one of the best going around anywhere.

What people forget is that he played in a United team that was in transition, during a huge overhaul after the drinking culture mess that Ron Atkinson left behind. Although they went on to be (distant) runners up in 1988 - which probably bought Fergie the time he got, in hindsight - they finished about 13th in 1989 and were by all accounts a mess. Had he got the nod after the FA Cup win in 1990, he'd have likely been an integral part of their CWC win in 1991 and maybe even the first few eventual league triumphs of the mid-90's. 

The latter part is speculative of course, but by all accounts I don't recall him doing particularly badly at Old Trafford prior to that FA Cup final in 1990. 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
21 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I dont think that's how it works 

You're right.

Vaseline above the eyes is what it was that's saving old bandy legs.

It's known to stop cancer cells developing.

I was in the Forge Market recently (there is a spectacle maker there who is good for repairs and frames, £ v reasonable compared to the bandits on the high street).

I walked past a stall selling hun / sellick tat and burst out laughing to see a large framed picture of a completely emaciated Andy Goram, ravaged by cancer, pictured grimacing next to a large superimposed sevco badge.

It was simultaneously the most tragic and most funny piece of football memorabilia I have yet seen.  Whoever would want such a sad, depressing image on their wall?

Right enough with the quality of life of the typical hun, such an image must be like a ray of sunshine in their miserable, grim lives.

3 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I was in the Forge Market recently (there is a spectacle maker there who is good for repairs and frames, £ v reasonable compared to the bandits on the high street).

I walked past a stall selling hun / sellick tat and burst out laughing to see a large framed picture of a completely emaciated Andy Goram, ravaged by cancer, pictured grimacing next to a large superimposed sevco badge.

It was simultaneously the most tragic and most funny piece of football memorabilia I have yet seen.  Whoever would want such a sad, depressing image on their wall?

Right enough with the quality of life of the typical hun, such an image must be like a ray of sunshine in their miserable, grim lives.

Would look good next to the wasted Gascogne and Ricksen photos for the uber hun who has everything.

Just imagine

Goram, Ricksen, Gascogne, the Queen and Jimmy Bell A2 size photos hanging on the wall in a lovely blue and orange painted hall.

(along with obligatory Poppy flag and a Union Jack)

7 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

You not have a wank over it min?