Sevco Thread

Guilty of 5 paperwork errors which were irrelevant in terms of competition. So the judge is saying

:hysterical: its so absurd that you have to laugh, you couldnt make it up really and the fact we let these "institutions" come and say these things with a straight face, its almost our own fault.

How many part-time teams have been booted out of the Scottish Cup in recent years because some volunteer admin person has made a trivial but honest mistake in a single player's registration paperwork? With someone at the SFA saying "I know having the wrong colour form wouldn't have affect the game but rules are rules".

Whereas the huns seemed to be systematically hiding payments, so they could afford better players, knowing it was a bit of a legal grey area that it would be best to keep quiet about.

• Upvote 3

I find this thing just strange.

I'm not sure I can even keep up any more to be honest.

Carpet, brush from start to finish.

Bizarre.

Agreed, it's just become tiresome.

this is exactly what the governing bodies want, us to get bored of this so they can move on.

whats happened here is they have been found guilty of fielding ineligible players over a ten year period and they have been given a fine that will never be paid.

other teams have been booted out of cup competitions for less

I find this thing just strange.

I'm not sure I can even keep up any more to be honest.

Carpet, brush from start to finish.

Bizarre.

Agreed, it's just become tiresome.

this is exactly what the governing bodies want, us to get bored of this so they can move on.

whats happened here is they have been found guilty of fielding ineligible players over a ten year period and they have been given a fine that will never be paid.

Exactly, the apathy that has been demosntrated for years by scottish football fans means they can brazenly do these things and they know nothing will happen.

They're even dafter than I thought if that's their tactic. Increasing apathy amongst fans when the product is as shite as it is will never end well. You can have a lot of fun with a spare £25 a week.

they wouldn't give a fuck as long as they get the huns and the tims on tv every week.

Shocking Football Association

this isn't a SFA investigation

SPL commission, chaired by Lord Nimmo Smith"Between the years 2000 and 2011 The Rangers Football Club Plc (now known as RFC 2012 Plc (in liquidation) and referred to in the decision as "Oldco"), the owner and operator of Rangers Football Club ("Rangers FC"), entered into side-letter arrangements

with a large number of its professional players under which Oldco undertook to make

very substantial payments to an offshore employee benefit remuneration trust, with the intent that such payments should be used to fund payments to be made to such players in the form of loans

(2) Those side-letter arrangements were required to be disclosed under the Rules of the Scottish Premier League ("SPL") and the Scottish Football Association ("SFA") as forming part of the players' financial entitlement and as agreements providing for payments to be received by the players;

(3) Oldco through its senior management decided that such side-letter arrangements should not be disclosed to the football authorities, and the Board of Directors sanctioned the making of payments under the side-letter arrangements without taking any legal or accountancy advice to justify the non-disclosure;

(4) The relevant SPL Rules were designed to promote sporting integrity, by mitigating the risk of irregular payments to players;

(5) Although the payments in this case were not themselves irregular and were not in breach of SPL or SFA Rules, the scale and extent of the proven contraventions of the disclosure rules require a substantial penalty to be imposed;

(6) Rangers FC did not gain any unfair competitive advantage from the contraventions of the SPL Rules in failing to make proper disclosure of the side-letter arrangements, nor did the non-disclosure have the effect that any of the registered players were ineligible to play, and for this and other reasons no sporting sanction or penalty should be imposed upon Rangers FC;

(7) As noted in the Commission's earlier decision made on 12 September 2012 there is no allegation that the current owner and operator of the club, The Rangers Football Club Limited ("Newco"), contravened the SPL Rules or could be held responsible for any breach by Oldco;

In all the circumstances the Commission has imposed a fine of

• Site Sponsor

Rangers oldco will be fined cunts da even fucking exsist unbelievable. So how the fuck can a business that don't exsist pay it? The rangers keeping the oldco titles shouldn't be allowed either. They should be confined to the record books like Gretna, Clydebank etc.

I think they say it is a football related fine so I think Sevco have to pick up the tab.