Sevco Thread

Just seen The Sun's article - would any of these players improve Rangers? Where a fan / journo just sits and links Sevco to the best players in Scotland like Souttar, Docherty, McGeough, etc.

So fucking brazen. Like an underperforming Sevco is a national concern and other clubs are so insignificant - fuck them and their fans - and all players would surely leap at the opportunity.

It's an article written for the Sun's audience. Don't buy it, don't read it. Rip the piss out of people who do.

Think it's a cert he'll sign but the hyperbole surrounding the move can be safely ignored.

With certainty they dont have the money being spun.

So either theyve borrowed more again - bad news if they have.

Or its just utter bullshit.

Or theyve sold someone to raise these funds.

Youve got to think he foreign guys would be first to sell off.

But they also made the left back loan permanent so maybe The Grass is up for sale.

With certainty they dont have the money being spun.

So either theyve borrowed more again - bad news if they have.

Or its just utter bullshit.

Or theyve sold someone to raise these funds.

Youve got to think he foreign guys would be first to sell off.

But they also made the left back loan permanent so maybe The Grass is up for sale.

Or they touted Windass at (was it?) 3m a la Traynor, have had precisely no interest but have taken his word as the green light to spend roughly half that and are now just hoping something comes good.

Meanwhile Athletico Dustbinmen U20s awaits in their glamorous Florida fixture.

much as I hate to say it Murphy is a good player and will be a decent signing for them but he is true hun scum. Remember reading a story when he was at Sheffield united that he wouldn't sit down on the seats on their team bus as they had some green on the seats so he had to put a blue flag on it before he could sit down.

regarding the fee f#ck knows where they are getting the money or if they will actually pay whatever they have said they will pay. Brighton fans are raging that they are letting him go for less than they paid for him as he was proven in the championship and they reckon they would have the same as they paid for him if they had sold him to a team down there. Little do they realise its highly unlikely they will actually get the money they will now be due for him.

If they have spent a million quid on some 28 year old squad player from an English championship side then theyve been utterly conned.

Itll be nowhere near that though, just an attempt to appease the brain dead fan base.

Edit: just realise they are in the premier league. Fuck me.

I think he'll do well for Rangers unfortunately. His record last season suggests he'd have got another club back in the championship fairly easily. Looks like he was a first team regular in a promotion winning team.

As such, Brighton won't let him go for free... I'm pretty happy to see Rangers reverting to the old ways of their previous incarnation - spending money they don't have.

much as I hate to say it Murphy is a good player and will be a decent signing for them but he is true hun scum. Remember reading a story when he was at Sheffield united that he wouldn't sit down on the seats on their team bus as they had some green on the seats so he had to put a blue flag on it before he could sit down.

regarding the fee f#ck knows where they are getting the money or if they will actually pay whatever they have said they will pay. Brighton fans are raging that they are letting him go for less than they paid for him as he was proven in the championship and they reckon they would have the same as they paid for him if they had sold him to a team down there. Little do they realise its highly unlikely they will actually get the money they will now be due for him.

Agreed. Murphy is very good player at SPFL level and at age 28 will be a very good player for them. Hes still a horrible hun cunt but unfortunately is very good at this level. If he stays fit I think he will create and score a lot of goals.

I think he'll do well for Rangers unfortunately. His record last season suggests he'd have got another club back in the championship fairly easily. Looks like he was a first team regular in a promotion winning team.

As such, Brighton won't let him go for free... I'm pretty happy to see Rangers reverting to the old ways of their previous incarnation - spending money they don't have.

Define "first team regular"? He played around 45% of the total minutes available in the league, scoring two goals and getting 3 assists.

He played more and done more the season before but i disagree that he was either 1) a first team regular last season & 2) he had a good record last season.

• Upvote 1

Define "first team regular"? He played around 45% of the total minutes available in the league, scoring two goals and getting 3 assists.

He played more and done more the season before but i disagree that he was either 1) a first team regular last season & 2) he had a good record last season.

When I googled him, it said he made 35 appearances in their promotion campaign last season. Off the top of my head, there are about 46 games in the Championship season.

That's what I based my definition of 'first team regular' on.

When I googled him, it said he made 35 appearances in their promotion campaign last season. Off the top of my head, there are about 46 games in the Championship season.

23 starts, 17 sub appearances and 4 goals in Brightons 51 games. Make of that what you will.

Would you describe Nicky Maynard as a first team regular? He's made 17 appearances out of 22 league games this season.

• Upvote 1

Dont know if this is the best thread for it but saw on twitter that Daniel Harvie had liked a tweet saying Imagine actually getting the chance to play for rangers unbelievable.

If true then get him to fuck. It's one thing supporting them and keeping quiet about it, quite another to be actively liking their shit on social media. Thon is Greg Wylde esque.

Guest the shepherd

There is NO WAY the huns paid £1 million for anyone.

They are having a firesale right now in case anyone is not noticing.

The favourable media coverage they get, whilst operating on a disgraceful level akin to base criminality, beggars belief.

Agreed. This is a case of Munchausen's Syndrome if I ever I have seen one, making on they have got a £1 million to buy a player, solely to attract and gain attention from the national press. It has worked a treat as well as the Daily Star are revelling in it by spinning the tale that Jamie Murphy has turned his back on the so-called greatest league in the planet to come home.

Considering the protracted, destabilising situation Aberdeen found themselves in due to the incessant media coverage surrounding Derek McInnes 'going' to rangers but rangers having the difficulty raising the necessary, how the fuck have they raised £1 million so quickly? Never know Wonga paid out loans for this amount?. Mind you I see the Scotmid in Clydebank was robbed recently, maybe that helped.

Agreed. This is a case of Munchausen's Syndrome if I ever I have seen one, making on they have got a £1 million to buy a player, solely to attract and gain attention from the national press. It has worked a treat as well as the Daily Star are revelling in it by spinning the tale that Jamie Murphy has turned his back on the so-called greatest league in the planet to come home.

Considering the protracted, destabilising situation Aberdeen found themselves in due to the incessant media coverage surrounding Derek McInnes 'going' to rangers but rangers having the difficulty raising the necessary, how the fuck have they raised £1 million so quickly? Never know Wonga paid out loans for this amount. Mind you I see the Scotmid in Clydebank was robbed recently, maybe that helped.

A club in the richest league in the world won't be as determined as we would be to get the cash up front.