I Never Knew That

phoenix

Just been to see Skyfall( one GBP ) , nae bad like but towards the end we are in Scotland where James grew up , Dad's called Andrew and they owned a big house oot on the moors.

I never knew that( altho' ah'm nae an authority on this or any other subject ).

:wave: how was the film?

it's supposed to be one of the best of all the James Bond films. i can't wait to see it. :bounce:

:wave: how was the film?

it's supposed to be one of the best of all the James Bond films. i can't wait to see it. :bounce:

:wave:

If I may be presumptuous lgir , I think you'll love it and not only because Daniel Craig is the best Bond yet. All the usual ingredients are there , only better. I go to the movies to enjoy what's there and don't suffer the critics' hang-up

of having to find what's not to enjoy.

Can I also recommend Ginger and Rosa , a coming-of-age film for two 14 year old girls , London , 1962( therefore pre-Beatles era Britain ). Right wing critics don't like it. :laughing:

• Upvote 1

:wave:

If I may be presumptuous lgir , I think you'll love it and not only because Daniel Craig is the best Bond yet. All the usual ingredients are there , only better. I go to the movies to enjoy what's there and don't suffer the critics' hang-up

of having to find what's not to enjoy.

Can I also recommend Ginger and Rosa , a coming-of-age film for two 14 year old girls , London , 1962( therefore pre-Beatles era Britain ). Right wing critics don't like it. :laughing:

both haven't been released here yet. so i'll have practice being patient. :( but thank you for the recommendations. :wave:

Is James Bond fae Scotland?

FFS, you learn something new every day.

That would be great for tourism.

If James Bond actually existed that is.

Looks like it , tup.....thought he was supposed to be quintessentially English. Nae doot his parents or grandparents had their second home up here otherwise it'll piss off a lorra English fowk.

I'm wondering if this was written into the script to bolster Unionist feelings on the subject or if hi childhood in Scotland was already well known.

John Lennon used to love his holidays up here. :scarf:

I knew those ducks liked to get fucked. Mebbe male ducks have low sperm counts and Mother duck is not taking any chances with regard to the next generation. I think modern man tends to forget that sex is primarily for procreation ; as recreational pursuit , it comes second.

Is James Bond fae Scotland?

FFS, you learn something new every day.

That would be great for tourism.

If James Bond actually existed that is.

You disappoint me for once tup,James Bond grew up in Fountainbridge in Edinburgh.He worked as a milkman before getting a "Scotland Forever"tattoo then becoming a suave shooper shpy deshpite a shlight shpeech impedement.

I lived there for a year.

Maybe it's me they modelled this fictional James Bond character on.

Funnily enough I lived in house number 7 in my street. That's obviously where the 007 idea came from.

007D would have been more precise as the place was divided into flats.

Codename 'tup'.

The local pub was called The Golden Rule' and I often had my eye in at the pool table there.

Hence 'Goldeneye'!

And 'Q' obviously is derived from me being shit hot at pool.

I'm lethal at doubles, hence 'double agent'.

My flatmate was known as King Rotten Teeth and had hideous grey bits in amongst his teeth, which looked from a distance like steel teeth. I broke his jaw after an argument one night.

Hence 'Jaws', the hapless bad guy with bad teeth, albeit metal instead of rotten, a bit of artistic licence.

We also had a siamese cat with eight legs. That's clearly where the 'Octopussy' theme originated.

It's fairly clear they've modelled Bond on me and I have to say they did their homework and then covered it up so well it was like a Da Vinci code style riddle to solve it.

So ingenious that I've only noticed now, by sheer chance. Thanks to Jigot, we cracked it, accidentally.

Their shecret is shafe with me anyway.