Star Wars

boboisared

Not sure how I feel about this! The last attempts were all a bit poor really... Always would have preferred the "last 3" being made ahead of the "first 3" tbh...but im curious as to how they will move the story along?

I've never read any of the the books, so I don't know if they continue the storyline, or go off in a different tangent, or continue the adventures of luke, han et al? Anyone?

Disney will make a fortune from it though.

Any new Star Wars movies can't possibly be any worse than the last 3, surely?

I think the biggest problem wasn't the alien retard, or the storylines or anything... the problem was that they chose the worst actors in the history of piss-poor actors to play the lead roles. The only decent actors were Sam Jackson, who got virtually no screen time, and Ewan Macgregor, who had to affect an unnatural English accent. It didn't help that the dialogue seemed to have been written in Japanese and translated into English by a seven year old Norwegian kid who learned English by watching Brookside.

Hayden Christensen is probably one of the worst actors I've seen in a big budget movie. He makes Keanu Reeves look like Richard Burton.

I think the biggest problem wasn't the alien retard, or the storylines or anything... the problem was that they chose the worst actors in the history of piss-poor actors to play the lead roles. The only decent actors were Sam Jackson, who got virtually no screen time, and Ewan Macgregor, who had to affect an unnatural English accent. It didn't help that the dialogue seemed to have been written in Japanese and translated into English by a seven year old Norwegian kid who learned English by watching Brookside.

Hayden Christensen is probably one of the worst actors I've seen in a big budget movie. He makes Keanu Reeves look like Richard Burton.

A very good point kelt. The acting was brutal at times. Two of the finest examples I can think of from the last 3 were the point when anakin woke to find himself as darth (the shout of "nooooo" and the fist clenching!) and the bit where jimmy smits talks of how he and his wife always wanted kids...brutal!

Not sure how I feel about this! The last attempts were all a bit poor really... Always would have preferred the "last 3" being made ahead of the "first 3" tbh...but im curious as to how they will move the story along?

I've never read any of the the books, so I don't know if they continue the storyline, or go off in a different tangent, or continue the adventures of luke, han et al? Anyone?

Disney will make a fortune from it though.

I've read the books.

They do indeed continue the story of Luke, Han etc and expand the story and the Universe massively.

Lucasarts had the final say on the direction of the books and where they went, so it'd be strange to deviate away from what's been written.

Would be pissing off a lot of fans who've spent a lot of money buying books, comics etc.

I think they'll either go in and fit a new part in somewhere into the timeline or they'll adapt some of the books.

Some good stroys to be told from the books and put onto film.

My inner nerd is creeping out here.

:stormtrooper::emperor::vader::stormtrooper:

A very good point kelt. The acting was brutal at times. Two of the finest examples I can think of from the last 3 were the point when anakin woke to find himself as darth (the shout of "nooooo" and the fist clenching!) and the bit where jimmy smits talks of how he and his wife always wanted kids...brutal!

Also agree.

The prequels were a travesty.

George Lucas should have let someone else direct them.

Disney will do a better job.

I've read the books.

They do indeed continue the story of Luke, Han etc and expand the story and the Universe massively.

Lucasarts had the final say on the direction of the books and where they went, so it'd be strange to deviate away from what's been written.

Would be pissing off a lot of fans who've spent a lot of money buying books, comics etc.

I think they'll either go in and fit a new part in somewhere into the timeline or they'll adapt some of the books.

Some good stroys to be told from the books and put onto film.

My inner nerd is creeping out here.

:stormtrooper::emperor::vader::stormtrooper:

Would this mean different actors playing luke and Han?! I don't know if I'm comfortable with different actors!! Or animated!

a major problem here will be that any sort of meaningful violence or dark storylines will be dispensed with.

we've already had 'Greedo shot first', and this will no doubt be further sanitised by gunfights in which no-one dies, or a return of the fucking Ewoks for merchandising purposes.

Would this mean different actors playing luke and Han?! I don't know if I'm comfortable with different actors!! Or animated!

The only actor i could see being enticed back would be Mark Hamill, if they were to make films that fit in with his age.

There are books written that have Luke, Han etc at this stage of their lives.

Harrison Ford would probably tell them to fuck off after the Indiana Jones debacle.

a major problem here will be that any sort of meaningful violence or dark storylines will be dispensed with.

we've already had 'Greedo shot first', and this will no doubt be further sanitised by gunfights in which no-one dies, or a return of the fucking Ewoks for merchandising purposes.

There was a pretty brutal series of books written about 3-4 years ago that killed off a few main characters, but to do it justice Disney would have to go to the Darkside to keep the violence if you get my meaning.

There was a pretty brutal series of books written about 3-4 years ago that killed off a few main characters, but to do it justice Disney would have to go to the Darkside to keep the violence if you get my meaning.

I also had the Death Trooper Audio Book, which believe it or not brought the Star Wars Universe into the Walking Dead Universe.

It was terrible, it has to be said.

They're polar opposite genres, one being horrifying, bloody and downbeat, whereas Star Wars is all shiny, shiny, square-jawed heroism and cartoony action. Did not work well at all.

They may as well have tried merging Star Wars with Doctor Seuss....

I also had the Death Trooper Audio Book, which believe it or not brought the Star Wars Universe into the Walking Dead Universe.

It was terrible, it has to be said.

They're polar opposite genres, one being horrifying, bloody and downbeat, whereas Star Wars is all shiny, shiny, square-jawed heroism and cartoony action. Did not work well at all.

They may as well have tried merging Star Wars with Doctor Seuss....

Death Troopers was not a good book you're right.

They tried too hard with it because Zombies were cool at the time.

You'd think they wouldv'e learned their lesson but they released another one called Red Harvest.

i hope disney take the script into consideration i miss this kind of banter from the old star wars films;

chewie pass me the hydro-spanner

i just wanted to go to tatchi? to buy some power converters.

doesn't have to be a fanboy movie, but an actual film with a script that wasn't written to suit the shock and awe of lucasfilms artists.

as soon as i heard this i was saddened, and immedietely thought of how brutally and utterly MINCE that John Carter was!!! so if thats anythin to go by, then Star Wars is fucked. just hope they dina make any future films too kiddy, and i kane how stupid that sounds seein as its Disney.

unfortunately i think you're right. terrible films in my humble opinion.

You both share my fear.

Chutney.

If they adapt a certain series of books, then a certain Wookie is no more!! :cry:

I reall hope this is not true.

It's Disney... they're not going to get rid of one of their most marketable characters.

Expect, in fact, to see many, many different Wookies... and then expect to see them all for sale at Toys R Us.

Hey kids, buy Death Star Chewie, and Endor Chewie, and Millennium Falcon Chewie, and Yoda-on-his-back Chewie, and Beach Chewie, and Mickey Mouse Ears Chewie, Oh, and this special Limited Edition Chewie On The Cross for the Catholics.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...