Yank Elections

tup

I note the frontpage of the BBC site is dominated with some pish about an election in the US of A.

Are we supposed to give a shit about this?

Is that what they're demanding by giving it prominence?

All I know about it is that Wayne Rooney thinks it makes 'gripping' telly.

I think he needs to get out a bit more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I note the frontpage of the BBC site is dominated with some pish about an election in the US of A.

Are we supposed to give a shit about this?

Is that what they're demanding by giving it prominence?

All I know about it is that Wayne Rooney thinks it makes 'gripping' telly.

I think he needs to get out a bit more.

You probably should give a fuck, because where America goes Britain follows.

And the crazier the fucker in the Oval Office the worse it is for all of us.

Here's a guy, Romney, who said this about Americans... his own fucking people... " There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president [Obama] no matter what. My job is not to worry about those people."

Now, if he doesn't give the first fuck about half his OWN country, what do you reckon his decision-making will be like when it comes to insignificant foreigners like the British?

There's a guy who believes in the divinity of plates, wants to arm even more third world shitholes (because sending weapons to the Middle East and Africa has worked brilliantly well in the past), wants to deny whole demographics civil equality, has a wife who is a cunt, and wants to start a war with Iran. Oh, and he wants to antagonise the Chinese... that'll be cool. Really going to make the world a calmer place dropping bombs on the Iranians and starting a military build up in SE Asia.

Here's a guy, Romney, who said this about Americans... his own fucking people... " There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president [Obama] no matter what. My job is not to worry about those people."

Now, if he doesn't give the first fuck about half his OWN country, what do you reckon his decision-making will be like when it comes to insignificant foreigners like the British?

There's a guy who believes in the divinity of plates, wants to arm even more third world shitholes (because sending weapons to the Middle East and Africa has worked brilliantly well in the past), wants to deny whole demographics civil equality, has a wife who is a cunt, and wants to start a war with Iran. Oh, and he wants to antagonise the Chinese... that'll be cool. Really going to make the world a calmer place dropping bombs on the Iranians and starting a military build up in SE Asia.

Says the cunt who's entitled to vote, but isn't :laughing:

I think the power of America is less than ever before, invariably that makes them more dangerous as they try to get back on top but times move on, nobody really cares who the president is as US policies will remain broadly the same, screw other countries over for oil

I never vote or give a fuck or pay the slightest bit of heed to the UK elections so I'm unlikely to be fussed by the yank one.

Folk like me are the driving force of the planet, on it to work like the proverbial nigger down a salt mine, pay tax, and provide freebies for the useless and infirm.

Says the cunt who's entitled to vote, but isn't :laughing:

I can't, in good conscience, vote for Romney, a religious fruit who's going to make the economic situation worse, increase military tensions, has a wife who's a cunt, and wants to remove civil liberties to all but a select few.

And Obama's a nignog.

I can't, in good conscience, vote for Romney, a religious fruit who's going to make the economic situation worse, increase military tensions, has a wife who's a cunt, and wants to remove civil liberties to all but a select few.

And Obama's a nignog.

Whilst you have elsewhere expressed your regret that Santa is no longer running, would you not consider voting for Johnson?

Whilst you have elsewhere expressed your regret that Santa is no longer running, would you not consider voting for Johnson?

A few of the things he's for I'm against, like anti-Fed-funded stem cell research, seems like a gun freak, and anti-Obamacare.

He's not the worst by a long shot. In fact his stance on most issues seems to be pretty liberal... by American standards.

A few of the things he's for I'm against, like anti-Fed-funded stem cell research, seems like a gun freak, and anti-Obamacare.

He's not the worst by a long shot. In fact his stance on most issues seems to be pretty liberal... by American standards.

When looking at his candidacy I did find some of his views slightly odd ( for that read Republican) when you consider he's running on the Libertarian ticket but his goal has to be to reach the 5% that would allow public funding for the Libertarian party next time around.

Must be worth the Ke1t vote if for no other reason that may help future elections if can have a serious publicly funded third party, no?

Kelt has answered that question there for you guys

When looking at his candidacy I did find some of his views slightly odd ( for that read Republican) when you consider he's running on the Libertarian ticket but his goal has to be to reach the 5% that would allow public funding for the Libertarian party next time around.

Must be worth the Ke1t vote if for no other reason that may help future elections if can have a serious publicly funded third party, no?

There does seem to be a growing need for a third party, but I just can't see the 'Democratic Process' allowing a non-institutionalised candidate within a thousand miles of the Whitehouse.

Republican and Democrat are the Old Firm of American politics, although Republican is markedly worse then Democrat. Both, however, are so invested in corporate interests that any kind of vote for either party is a vote for another step along the road to a corporate/fascist state.

My problem with the candidates of any party or affiliation, and I've a spreadsheet downloaded with all their stances on things like Stem Cell Research, Science vs Creationism, Healthcare etc... and this is all well and good, but the fact is that these fuckers lie through their teeth. They'll tell you they'll do one thing, then at the first sign of a bit of corporate greasing they do a 180.

At this point I think we should all be stockpiling rice, arming ourselves, and sizing up our neighbours for their future nutritional value.

I think some very bad shit is in the pipeline in the next few to ten years, regardless of the candidate.

But guys like Romney will only accelerate that process.

It beggars belief that someone on here would ask what difference it would make to Britain as to who is elected.

They are either thick as pig shit, or on a very poor fishing trip.

Hopefully it's the latter for their sake.