Manager, Player And Young Player Of The Month Awards

Aberdeen trio Craig Brown, Niall McGinn and Ryan Fraser have been named Clydesdale Bank Premier League Manager, Player and Young Player of the Month for October respectively.

Craig Brown guided his side undefeated throughout the month with two wins and a draw in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.Aberdeen began the month with a 3-1 win over Kilmarnock at Rugby Park with Gavin Rae, Niall McGinn and Scott Vernon on the scoresheet.Aberdeen then followed this up with a 1-1 draw away to Dundee United with Niall McGinn again the scorer for Aberdeen.Craig Brown's side then concluded the month with a convincing 2-0 win over Dundee, with Niall McGinn and Johnny Hayes scoring for the Dons. It was this impressive unbeaten run, together with a positive style of play, which led the panel to vote Craig Brown as the Clydesdale Bank Premier League Manager of the Month.

Niall McGinn was a key player for Aberdeen throughout October as he netted in every league game and his current goalscoring run has seen him score six goals in six Clydesdale Bank Premier League games.McGinn has shone in his role as a striker and his recent performances led the panel to name him Clydesdale Bank Premier League Player of the Month.

Eighteen year old Ryan Fraser has also been a revelation for Aberdeen.Throughout October he contributed with two assists and has been a continuous attacking threat for the club.Fraser's directness and attacking flair led the panel to vote him as the Clydesdale Bank Premier League Young Player of the Month, and helped Aberdeen win all three monthly awards for the first time.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20121106/dons-scoop-hat-trick-of-awards_2212158_2971845

:trophy:

That must be quite rare for any club, never mind us.

Well done to all involved!

Just been reading SPL Stats on Twitter and it would seem Dundee Utd managed it back in March - Houston, Daly and Mackay-Steven. Not sure who might have done it before then.

However this is only the third time an Aberdeen player has won player of the month - Anderson (November 2006) and Miller (December 2008) were our previous winners.

Just been reading SPL Stats on Twitter and it would seem Dundee Utd managed it back in March - Houston, Daly and Mackay-Steven. Not sure who might have done it before then.

However this is only the third time an Aberdeen player has won player of the month - Anderson (November 2006) and Miller (December 2008) were our previous winners.

Oh to have a striker of his talent back on the books.

Did you tell him he needs to drop Vernon and also get Hayes starting while you were at it?

We talked in great detail about the two,

Hayes has been struggling with an injury apparantly, you wont like this, Craigy wants to drop ol verno, but i told him to keep faith and stand by his man.

the vernon decision is on me boys, sorry! But you can thank me when he comes good :)

Brown must go

McGinn & Fraser without doubt deserve this award but Brown (whilst I congratulate him for it also :applause: ) only got it cos he was undefeated in the month of Oct & there was an International break imo.

He didn't exactly go & win four weeks on the bounce now did he?

Look at Lomas. He had won 6 on the bounce before drawing with ICT on 27th Oct, then on the 30th (the only game that could have cost him the award imo) he got beat by celtic in the cup 5 nil at the piggery, whilst we got beat by St Midden the same night.

BUT when you consider that it's an SPL award, the cup games (arguably) shouldn't count :dontknow: but imo anyway Lomas deserves that award for Oct a hell of a lot more than Brown does.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/st-johnstone/results

& yes in the Summer you are right "Brown MUST go"

• Downvote 1

McGinn & Fraser without doubt deserve this award but Brown (whilst I congratulate him for it also :applause: ) only got it cos he was undefeated in the month of Oct & there was an International break imo.

Look at Lomas. He had won 6 on the bounce before drawing with ICT on 27th Oct, then on the 30th (the only game that could have cost him the award imo) he got beat by celtic in the cup 5 nil at the piggery, whilst we got beat by St Midden the same night.

BUT when you consider that it's an SPL award, the cup games (arguably) shouldn't count :dontknow: but imo anyway Lomas deserves that award for Oct a hell of a lot more than Brown does.

st johnstone won two games and drew one like we did in October so why would Lomas deserve the award for October more than Brown. If the reward was for the six weeks that St Johnstone won then he'd have won it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think we all know who Broons award is down to... :king:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

st johnstone won two games and drew one like we did in October so why would Lomas deserve the award for October more than Brown. If the reward was for the six weeks that St Johnstone won then he'd have won it

Because imo what he achieved is better (even just considering Oct) as he's got a much smaller budget & also (being pedantic) he beat the same team in Killie & also St Mirren (who are better than Dundee league positioning) & drew with ICT who are higher in league than Utd who we drew with.

The pedantic bit I'm joking about but I still say that his achievement is better as he's done it off the back of a better run than Brown's undefeated run. :dontknow: Also Lomas was given a suspended touchline ban, which may have affected the decision.

It's all opinion & imo Lomas deserved it more :dontknow:

• Downvote 2

Well done to all three. To be honest, I was surprised to see Fraser get back to back awards, thought they'd normally try and share it around. Shows how much he is performing over and above other young (also much more experienced) players.

You can't deny McGinn's excellent contribution over the last 6 weeks or so.

As for Brown, I always think the manager one is a difficult one. Is it getting results over and above expectation that does it? Kilmarnock alone he deserves it. Thought we largely played decent football in that and the game against Dundee United.