Countdown To Christmas

Mouse

I'm hoping to be Kelt by Christmas. But he is obviously too advanced and from foreign climes

So I think I'll be quite happy being Boofon instead,

Cancel that again, I still want to bw Kelt

After reading both posters posts I think kelt is something I want to be and boofon is an arse,

Stand Free

I saw one of those on a shopping channel the other week.

Very odd but yet interesting.

Why do you want one?

To dehydrate food obviously but why do you want to do this?

Food storage, primarily. Desiccated fruit and vegetables have a shelf life of decades if properly packaged and stored. I plan to start off with an electric one, then move onto building a manual one.

I can also make beef jerky with it :)

And, of course, the booze and ammo is for getting hammered and protecting my food supplies in the event of 'The Big One'.

In all seriousness, though, in the event of power outages and extended periods without power, I want to have a supply of basic, nutritious foodstuffs set aside.

I'm hoping to be Kelt by Christmas. But he is obviously too advanced and from foreign climes

So I think I'll be quite happy being Boofon instead,

Cancel that again, I still want to bw Kelt

After reading both posters posts I think kelt is something I want to be and boofon is an arse,

Stand Free

Just remember, everyone's special. Everyone's important. We all bring something to the table... even the people we hate :)

Except Huns. Huns bring nothing to the table.

Huns better stay the fuck away from my table.

EDIT: Here's a graphic representation of how I plan to keep Huns away from my table.

First, I hide my table...

drunk%2Bgun.jpg

• Upvote 2

Looking for a food dehydrator, maybe some solar panels, lots of booze and ammo.

i have one. bought at the request of my son about a year or so ago (he was going to use it to dehydrate fruit for trail mixes, and beef jerky -- he's into climbing, hiking and camping among other things). used a few times by me, but i got tired of cleaning the bloody thing. he used it a few times too, but then moved out. they take up a fair whack of storage room in a cupboard. although mine's in the basement. so i venture down to get it even less often now.

they work well enough though. although an oven on very low heat would probably work as well and be quicker.

for Christmas i would like the Dons to be top of the table, and a goat, two chickens, a share of a deep water well and a sheep to donate. a donkey might be nice too. and maybe some books. cos you can never have too many books! :sheepdance:

i have one. bought at the request of my son about a year or so ago (he was going to use it to dehydrate fruit for trail mixes, and beef jerky -- he's into climbing, hiking and camping among other things). used a few times by me, but i got tired of cleaning the bloody thing. he used it a few times too, but then moved out. they take up a fair whack of storage room in a cupboard. although mine's in the basement. so i venture down to get it even less often now.

they work well enough though. although an oven on very low heat would probably work as well and be quicker.

for Christmas i would like the Dons to be top of the table, and a goat, two chickens, a share of a deep water well and a sheep to donate. a donkey might be nice too. and maybe some books. cos you can never have too many books! :sheepdance:

I wanted to get chickens... I was voted down on that one. Chickens are handy.

A goat and a well, I can see the benefits there... and a sheep, I think you're preaching to the choir there when it comes to this particular message board.

Books, good plan. Can't argue with you there.

Not sure your reasoning behind the donkey, though.

I guess my question would be, "What's your reasoning behind the donkey?"

I wanted to get chickens... I was voted down on that one. Chickens are handy.

A goat and a well, I can see the benefits there... and a sheep, I think you're preaching to the choir there when it comes to this particular message board.

Books, good plan. Can't argue with you there.

Not sure your reasoning behind the donkey, though.

I guess my question would be, "What's your reasoning behind the donkey?"

none of the animals are for me! :) they're donations to families in LDCs. i don't really need anything, so i usually ask for donations for birthday and Christmas gifts (other than books.. of which, as i've said, you can never have too many). one year i got a whole bunch of anti-malarial bednets for my birthday :wave: sort of sappy i know, but i really don't need anything.

would you be up for slaughtering your chickens each fall? :o

btw.. The strength and stamina of a donkey is a welcome relief for poor families or child-headed households. Donkeys can help transport firewood or products to sell at the market. They’re reliable, hardworking, and long-lived, making them ideal helpers for families in need.

• Upvote 1

none of the animals are for me! :) they're donations to families in LDCs. i don't really need anything, so i usually ask for donations for birthday and Christmas gifts (other than books.. of which, as i've said, you can never have too many). one year i got a whole bunch of anti-malarial bednets for my birthday :wave: sort of sappy i know, but i really don't need anything.

Well, what a nice person you are. Seriously.

would you be up for slaughtering your chickens each fall? :o

I'd happily kill a chicken. In regards to animals, I pretty much see every one of them as food. And I include household pets in the 'foodstuff' category. Chickens, as far as I'm concerned, are practically begging to be killed and eaten.

btw.. The strength and stamina of a donkey is a welcome relief for poor families or child-headed households. Donkeys can help transport firewood or products to sell at the market. They

I'd happily kill a chicken. In regards to animals, I pretty much see every one of them as food. And I include household pets in the 'foodstuff' category. Chickens, as far as I'm concerned, are practically begging to be killed and eaten.

Ah... I get you.

How much does a donkey cost, anyway.

Seems like a pretty good thing to get for people who live in... what sort of country... like African countries and such?

depends which organization you donate through. but generally speaking, yes.. Africa, Latin and Central America, Asia, middle east. i've only done it through World Vision and Oxfam.

the donkey is $225. and it's fun for kids to buy a chicken or a duck and donate it. or something else that appeals to them.. there's lots of things to choose from.

Got the chickens, books and the well already. Very handy.

Not sure if I have a donkey. Oh hud on.............

Stand Free

Yep looks like I have one of those too.