With A Few Minor Tweaks

I know there's a thread with a similar title, but let's think it through on a rational level.

Spring for two more players of the quality of McGinn and Hayes, stick them anywhere on the park you like... although I'd like one to be a goalkeeper... and who has the same quality of squad, aside from the Potato people?

Hibs punching far above their weight, United a shadow of their recent not-bad self, Hearts... hahahaha.. Hearts :hysterical: The Huns extinct... and a variety of teams who traditionally make up the numbers.

As it it we're right at the head of a very mediocre pack. As the season goes on that should start to change as the weaker teams drop points.

There is a genuine chance that we could do something this year IF the club goes the extra mile and funds just a couple of new faces...

Hell, it would be worth terminating the contracts of a couple of fringe players in order to help fund the new acquisitions.

There's never going to be a better chance.

And I haven't been drinking.

Not yet.

I know there's a thread with a similar title, but let's think it through on a rational level.

Spring for two more players of the quality of McGinn and Hayes, stick them anywhere on the park you like... although I'd like one to be a goalkeeper... and who has the same quality of squad, aside from the Potato people?

Hibs punching far above their weight, United a shadow of their recent not-bad self, Hearts... hahahaha.. Hearts :hysterical: The Huns extinct... and a variety of teams who traditionally make up the numbers.

As it it we're right at the head of a very mediocre pack. As the season goes on that should start to change as the weaker teams drop points.

There is a genuine chance that we could do something this year IF the club goes the extra mile and funds just a couple of new faces...

Hell, it would be worth terminating the contracts of a couple of fringe players in order to help fund the new acquisitions.

There's never going to be a better chance.

And I haven't been drinking.

Not yet.

I admire the sentiment Kelt, but when you're

I agree with the sentiment kelt but I don't think that we will ultimately have the bottle as a club to go for it.

That being the case, I would like to see are a continuation of what brown has done since he came here.

He identified and removed the bad apples and wasters in the squad. Whilst I don't think there are any bad apples anymore, there are certainly some poor players that coud be booted out, magennis and fallon for a start.

After that I would like to see the forward planning that was put in place last summer put in place again. With a few noteable exceptions, this squad has been together for a decent amount of time now and it shows I think. It's a vast change from the previous decade of loosing half a squad every summer and bringing in substandard players at short notice.

Between now and the end of the season I'd be happy if we got osbourne, Anderson, Rae, Fraser and smith signed up on new deals. Extension to mcginn and speak to Sheffield Wednesday about getting Reynolds on a free next summer. After that there are loads of decent players just in the SPL out of contract next summer and we should be looking to get a couple of pre-contracts.

With a bit of planning we could have a few good seasons in a row, regular European football and a chance competing with Celtic in what is not a difficult league.

As said elswhere this year we need to be within two wins of celtic in March. If there mind is elsewhere then history proves anything can happen. I'm also long enough in the tooth to remember that AFC traditionally hit a rocky patch around Christmas. We have enough quality players in each position, at least more than the other hopefuls. Given the finances I agree that'll need to be enough for now. Weak link is a complete lack of faith in the keeper and his ability not to slip a simple goal here and there especially in the crunch matches. Nothing will beat celtic to the league quicker than celtics own complacency.

As said elswhere this year we need to be within two wins of celtic in March. If there mind is elsewhere then history proves anything can happen. I'm also long enough in the tooth to remember that AFC traditionally hit a rocky patch around Christmas. We have enough quality players in each position, at least more than the other hopefuls. Given the finances I agree that'll need to be enough for now. Weak link is a complete lack of faith in the keeper and his ability not to slip a simple goal here and there especially in the crunch matches. Nothing will beat celtic to the league quicker than celtics own complacency.

We have a huge problem at right back also.

We have a huge problem at right back also.

If you mean we don't have a right back then yes I concur. With money swilling around the place then keeper, right back and proven striker would all be up there. We haven't so they're not.

Interesting point though - if stewarty did find some spent fivers doon the back of the sofa would you 'upgrade' the keeper or buy a right back?

If you mean we don't have a right back then yes I concur. With money swilling around the place then keeper, right back and proven striker would all be up there. We haven't so they're not.

Interesting point though - if stewarty did find some spent fivers doon the back of the sofa would you 'upgrade' the keeper or buy a right back?

Without a shadow of doubt, the 'keeper.

Does it matter what Brown has allegedly done?

With the way clangers is playing, it can only benefit the team to change the keeper!

OK....leaving his pending jail sentence aside, I don't think he's better than Langfield.

This is in no way saying I rate Langfield.

We need a new keeper.

But Brown is not any better IMO.

....and credit where it's due, he Langfield played well on Saturday and pulled off a great save from Thompson that would either have given St Midden the lead, or got them back to 1-1, I can't remember.