Prelims

DandyDon KD

I say dinna bother with exams, they're meaningless.

In some cases, the worse you do, the better.

If you can do so badly that you get chucked out of your folks house early doors, this can be character building in the extreme, since you have to fend for yourself, making you grow up much faster than those who have passed the whole lot with straight A's and get an allowance from their folks for being a swotty wretch.

• Downvote 1

I say dinna bother with exams, they're meaningless.

In some cases, the worse you do, the better.

If you can do so badly that you get chucked out of your folks house early doors, this can be character building in the extreme, since you have to fend for yourself, making you grow up much faster than those who have passed the whole lot with straight A's and get an allowance from their folks for being a swotty wretch.

There is a bit of sense in there somewhere. The earlier in life you learn to become independent and do things for yourself the stronger you become. I think good parents will encourage this when kids are ready for it.

Would say to the original poster to do your best in your exams though!

Anyone who hasn't used algebra or geometry in a practical application either hasn't done much or just hasn't realised they've been doing it.

Stick in and pass those exams - I didn't first time round but went back and got the qualifications later. Life has been so much easier since I had a degree in my hipper. The rewards are better too.