Sack Mcghee!

I sit next to a Bristol Rovers fan at work, and I did warn him that McGhee is fucking terrible as a manager, and also mentioned in stages how he'd go about things...

Now the fans have turned on him - I wonder how long it'll take for him to mention y'know his wikipedia page.

When asked where he thinks his managerial destiny is, I wander if he still thinks its the EPL?

City fans mentioned unprofessionalism, wander phit that means?

When asked where he thinks his managerial destiny is, I wander if he still thinks its the EPL?

City fans mentioned unprofessionalism, wander phit that means?

I think they are referring to their game against Wimbledon where McGhee came out with this...

McGhee accepted some of the blame for Tuesday's result himself, admitting he had not done sufficient homework on the opposition.

"I question my own preparation for the Wimbledon game in that I didn't give them enough credit," he said. " I thought that if we turned up and played well we would beat them, simple as that.

"It wasn't a case of disrespecting Wimbledon, but I will pay a lot more attention to Accrington. They have been struggling and we have to make sure we don't go there and prove the team who turn things around for them. We have to be a lot more compact and tighter than we were at Wimbledon so we don't give away goals."

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Adam-Virgo-deserves-respect-says-Bristol-Rovers/story-17186278-detail/story.html

I'm just shocked that McGhee accepted some blame! Must be a first :rolleyes:

Stirling Smith (former youth player) on twitter last night:

@Stirling_Smith

Found a highly amusing piece on BBC Sport about Bristol Rovers. McGhee blaming injuries for for them sitting 21st in League 2...

@Stirling_Smith

I then had a squint at one of the fans forums. Players being played out of position a common theme. Ring any bells?

@Stirling_Smith

Complaints about the players looking unfit as well. At some point in his career, McGhee must realise that the reason his squads suffer so...

@Stirling_Smith

many injuries is because his training is absurdly substandard. He won't though. Hehehe :)

Really, who gives a feck about how he's getting on at no-marks like Bristol City? He's back to being a (slightly diminished) Gothenburg legend in my eyes.

He's gone, and we were right to let him go. I don't really get the joy people take in ex players/managers misfortune...even pricks like Diamond and Kerr...I couldnae give less of a f**k what they're up to nowadays..

Really, who gives a feck about how he's getting on at no-marks like Bristol City? He's back to being a (slightly diminished) Gothenburg legend in my eyes.

He's gone, and we were right to let him go. I don't really get the joy people take in ex players/managers misfortune...even pricks like Diamond and Kerr...I couldnae give less of a f**k what they're up to nowadays..

You might want to check out my Darren Mackie thread,

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

In the relegation zone after losing 1-0 to Dag & Red at home today. The Rovers fans are getting very angry at McGhee and reading their forum he seems to be making a lot of the same mistakes and misjudgements he made up here. You have to wonder where he could possibly go if (more likely when) he is sacked. Anyone wanting to check his Wikipedia entry will see at his last two jobs he had a poor win ratio.