Di Matteo Sacked

Pep Guardiola must have had enough time on the beach.

dinna get the fascination with him as a coach.

abrama=ovic has been after him for few years now apparently.

its sounds like another of his schevchenko/torres/gerrard projects.

if pep goes there fergie will still get the better of chelsea.

Managerial honours

Barcelona B

Barcelona

Individual

Orders and special awards

nae more stats EPK, surely? ;)

i am well aware of what he has done, but when you have probably the best player the world has seen for probably 30 years that makes a big difference. he also happens to be an incredibly consistent and physically resiliant player too, which helps. must be all those roids they pumped him full of.

the demand for guardiola far ourstrips what he has actually achieved so far, IMO.

at least with mourinhio you can point to a consistent level of success in 4 countries. like giddink.

pep is still a huge gamble IMO. (in the sense that he is making a big deal about him, as if he is the be all and end all.)

nae more stats EPK, surely? ;)

i am well aware of what he has done, but when you have probably the best player the world has seen for probably 30 years that makes a big difference. he also happens to be an incredibly consistent and physically resiliant player too, which helps. must be all those roids they pumped him full of.

the demand for guardiola far ourstrips what he has actually achieved so far, IMO.

at least with mourinhio you can point to a consistent level of success in 4 countries. like giddink.

pep is still a huge gamble IMO.

I agree to a certain extent, Pep going to another club is not going to be a short term fix, he will have to be given huge amounts of time to build a Barca mk2 type team, he only knows the Barca way, with the way they take youth players through, if a rich Russian sacks a manager 6 months after winning the FA cup and Champ league, its unlikely that he will give Pep time to do it his way.

I'd like to recommend to our once again idiotic shit speaker who once again says something for his fix on 'reaction from others'.

Our resident 'man' who at the age he is still wears a football top in public and thinks that is cool, yes the recommendation - Graham Hunters book and tell me Pep isn't a good manager.

The guy has done more than stats suggest.

I'm currently reading it, digest it then discuss Pep.

Good lad.

Aye come on Tup what's your thoughts?

I agree to a certain extent, Pep going to another club is not going to be a short term fix, he will have to be given huge amounts of time to build a Barca mk2 type team, he only knows the Barca way, with the way they take youth players through, if a rich Russian sacks a manager 6 months after winning the FA cup and Champ league, its unlikely that he will give Pep time to do it his way.

exactly.

but, even given time, whats to say guardiola could mould chelsea into barca II?

thats not an easy task.

apparently, i dont tknow the man, but he is very much ingrained into barcelona the club. chelsea are a completely differnt model and club to barca.

english football is completely different from what he is used to.

• Upvote 1

exactly.

but, even given time, whats to say guardiola could mould chelsea into barca II?

thats not an easy task.

apparently, i dont tknow the man, but he is very much ingrained into barcelona the club. chelsea are a completely differnt model and club to barca.

english football is completely different from what he is used to.

I know where you're coming from, there's no guarantee he'd be a success but same goes for everyone and his record speaks for itself, you'd give him a chance wouldn't you.

I'd like to recommend to our once again idiotic shit speaker who once again says something for his fix on 'reaction from others'.

Our resident 'man' who at the age he is still wears a football top in public With his name on the back, nickname from a forum to be precise, and thinks that is cool, yes the recommendation - Graham Hunters book and tell me Pep isn't a good manager.

The guy has done more than stats suggest.

I'm currently reading it, digest it then discuss Pep.

Good lad.

little grumpy this morning 'berto?

not looking for a reaction.

just saying that chelseas obsession with guardiola is not guarantteed to work out.

anyone that thinks guardiola can walk into the bridge and sweep all before him in england and europe has more faith in him than i do.

i dinna need to read grahams book, he loves blowing smoke out of barcelonas ass.

I know where you're coming from, there's no guarantee he'd be a success but same goes for everyone and his record speaks for itself, you'd give him a chance wouldn't you.

sure, you would give him a chance.

but his record is at one club. one club blessed with incredible weath an home grown talent.

he is like wnger. lauded in london but plonk wenger somewhere else and its far from certain that he could win the league.

its nae the same as your resident go to men like mourinhio or giddink or capello.

sure, you would give him a chance.

but his record is at one club. one club blessed with incredible weath an home grown talent.

he is like wnger. lauded in london but plonk wenger somewhere else and its far from certain that he could win the league.

its nae the same as your resident go to men like mourinhio or giddink or capello.

The same Wegner that won the domestic leagues and cups while managing his 2 previous clubs, Monaco and Grampus Eight.

30 years ago nae count? Same goes for Fergie then. Only done it at one club? :hysterical:

dinna be a child min. i think you understand my point.

fergie, like wenger, has been at his club so long that perhaps yes fergie would struggle at a new club.

anyway. my point is there are NO guarantees in football management. certainly not with one manager who has had great success at such a well resourced club as 00s barcelona.

dinna be a child min. i think you understand my point.

fergie, like wenger, has been at his club so long that perhaps yes fergie would struggle at a new club.

anyway. my point is there are NO guarantees in football management. certainly not with one manager who has had great success at such a well resourced club as 00s barcelona.

I understand your point. If Fergie - and Wenger to a lesser extent - weren't such great managers they wouldn't have stood the test of time. Same goes for Guardiola, he hasn't had another club because he's done so well at the one he was at so he didn't get sacked or have to leave.

Everyone knows that with the bit in bold.

I understand your point. If Fergie - and Wenger to a lesser extent - weren't such great managers they wouldn't have stood the test of time. Same goes for Guardiola, he hasn't had another club because he's done so well at the one he was at so he didn't get sacked or have to leave.

Everyone knows that with the bit in bold.

yeah but a great manager at one club is not necessarily a great manager at another club.

to say guardiola is the new messiah like roberto and roman abramovic think is premature i.m.o.

he did do well, very well. but he was hardly up against it, was he.

he had plenty of resources in players and money and a certian one player.

to a lesser extent its like a.v.b. all over again. the flavour of the month.

guardiola might not necessarly suit chelsea. mourinhio did. giddink did for a short period, as did anchelotti to a certain extent. and of course di matteo.

theyve already had success. guardiola wont come in and overtake fergie and wenger as top dog.