The Fans

Sincere apologies due to things like this being brought up in other topics etc etc, but this really gets right on my nerves. We are sitting in a fantastic position compared to years before, thumped our hop-doo team st mirren few games ago, still unbeaten in numerous amount of games against United who are and always will be ATM favs for the "without Celtic league". We get beat 2-0 by Celtic whom have unreal resources available. Yet our fans find this the end of the world ALREADY. do these so called die hard fans look around them and realise the current state of football, do they realistically think we are actually going to win the league?? Come on, yes we can go for it but by Christ imagine slating Brown in interviews for being 100% honest and saying Celtic will win the league. They ARE going to win it. The best we can hope for is 2nd. I would even take 3rd or 4th right at this minute. Why?? Because we have been so shite last 4-5 years that we are renowned as a bottom 6 team. Now what my point is that I am getting at is the unbelievable negativity after losing 2-0 to Celtic. Most folk are sticking with the team and rightly so, they deserve our support for this seasons performances and yet 1 game against current champions and folk aren't coming back. What other teams fans do this?? I've searched forums throughout SPL and not one team comes near us in negative and abusive terms. It is embarrassing and some of our so called fans really need to get a grip and realise we are in 2012 and not 1983. Half the time nowadays I just browse on here as I am sick of being enraged by reading some posters same comments that are repeated every day and every week. Yes supporters are entitled to own opinion and pay their good money etc but come on guys, get behind the team and support them in a season where we need it more than ever. Get rid of the negative and get behind the team! It's embarrassing even when we do win some arse still has a negative thing. No other teams fans does this, no ones

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

I agree with the sentiments.

However, I feel as if it's not the actual defeat that has irked the fans, it's the manner of the defeat. It looked as if we just rolled over without much of a fight. We've just got to take our medicine and get stuck into Hibs on Saturday. It also seems that there will be a good away crowd at Easter road too!

:flag:

• Upvote 4

I agree with the sentiments.

However, I feel as if it's not the actual defeat that has irked the fans, it's the manner of the defeat. It looked as if we just rolled over without much of a fight. We've just got to take our medicine and get stuck into Hibs on Saturday. It also seems that there will be a good away crowd at Easter road too!

:flag:

Sums it up perfectly.

It's been mostly justified criticism I've been reading.

Fuck the rangers then, fuck the rangers now, fuck the rangers forever.

• Upvote 5

Sincere apologies due to things like this being brought up in other topics etc etc, but this really gets right on my nerves. We are sitting in a fantastic position compared to years before, thumped our hop-doo team st mirren few games ago, still unbeaten in numerous amount of games against United who are and always will be ATM favs for the "without Celtic league". We get beat 2-0 by Celtic whom have unreal resources available. Yet our fans find this the end of the world ALREADY. do these so called die hard fans look around them and realise the current state of football, do they realistically think we are actually going to win the league?? Come on, yes we can go for it but by Christ imagine slating Brown in interviews for being 100% honest and saying Celtic will win the league. They ARE going to win it. The best we can hope for is 2nd. I would even take 3rd or 4th right at this minute. Why?? Because we have been so shite last 4-5 years that we are renowned as a bottom 6 team. Now what my point is that I am getting at is the unbelievable negativity after losing 2-0 to Celtic. Most folk are sticking with the team and rightly so, they deserve our support for this seasons performances and yet 1 game against current champions and folk aren't coming back. What other teams fans do this?? I've searched forums throughout SPL and not one team comes near us in negative and abusive terms. It is embarrassing and some of our so called fans really need to get a grip and realise we are in 2012 and not 1983. Half the time nowadays I just browse on here as I am sick of being enraged by reading some posters same comments that are repeated every day and every week. Yes supporters are entitled to own opinion and pay their good money etc but come on guys, get behind the team and support them in a season where we need it more than ever. Get rid of the negative and get behind the team! It's embarrassing even when we do win some arse still has a negative thing. No other teams fans does this, no ones

Worst post I've ever seen. As has already been said it was the manner of the defeat not so much the result that has been criticised. If the team had shown some fight, belief and some passion I would have been happy.

The club keeps calling for the fans to come back but at the same time we've got a manager saying in the press we can't challenge for the title, Celtic are too good etc etc. How the fuck is that going to motivate fans to come back? And then to top it off we got a bitterly disappointing performance from the team who looked like they had no belief.

• Upvote 3

I feel Brown was on a hiding to nothing with his coments. Had he said we were genuine title contenders and as it was we were soundly beaten he would have been eaten alive by a majority of fans. He only said what he said as its true. I think if you asked any if our senior players who will win the spl you will get a unanimous decision.

I agree that we didn't put on a performance against celtic but remember that we started with Clark and Magennis in our 11, put us at an immediate disadvantage.

The good thing is there is 11 more games before we play them again and they will drop points here and there, we just need to get a few back from injury and keep playing as we were and we won't be far away come our next game against them.

I feel Brown was on a hiding to nothing with his coments. Had he said we were genuine title contenders and as it was we were soundly beaten he would have been eaten alive by a majority of fans. He only said what he said as its true. I think if you asked any if our senior players who will win the spl you will get a unanimous decision.

"I'm not interested in talking about who will be winning the title in May. I am more interested in talking about the game this weekend where we have a team capable of giving Celtic a good game and beating them."

Or something along that lines. I usually pay little attention to what is said before a game as it is usually generic cliched comments.

I did find it a bit galling that Brown seemed to be very defeatist in his pre-match build up, until last minute saying that we could beat them. Couple that with the timid performance on the day, and you will obviously get negative comments with regards the game alone.

How about they say nothing?

All this player nonsense in the build up to a big game 'we're going to do this, and that' 'we won't let red army down'.

It's the same pish year after year after year and no one seems to learn, just say nothing.

'We'll do our talking on the pitch this time'.

Browns comments since he came in have been ridiculous, the one on Friday night really pissed me off. Why even say it?

Spot on Robo - hope all is good with you.

You either bum up your team or bum up your team.

Players are generally pretty thick and if they see any negativity they will

respond accordingly.

:hysterical:

Are you joking?

A manager is meant to inspire, not say ridiculous things in the media.

If I was a player driving home from training and I heard on the radio some of the things Brown says, I'd not be inspired at all.

I'd be very surprised if any of the players gave a shit about what the manager says to the press. I think you are totally overreacting here.

its what he says to the players that matters not to some twat from sportsound

you bemoan negativity from the fans eastcoastdon, yet seem to support it from your manager, you sir are a hypocrite.

the reason "the fans" are moaning is because the managers negative tactics and the amount of respect he is showing other teams is holding us back. he built this team, yet doesn't seem confident enough in them to go out and do there jobs despite what they've shown in games where we've went and had a go. brown doesn't have the foresight, balls or tactical awareness to take this club much further.

• Upvote 4

I'd be very surprised if any of the players gave a shit about what the manager says to the press. I think you are totally overreacting here.

It is one of the few methods in which a manager can communicate directly to the fans. Without spin as well, if it is a press conference or on the radio.

They are quite often cliche ridden but at times a lot can be garnished from it. A lot can be learnt from them as a fan...

• Site Sponsor

Gave up after two sentences. Top six will always do you.

yep.

too much is made of the media.

the media is nothing and does not reflect reality. you hear media types talk about managers having a bad relationship with the press. and...?

its what is said behind closed doors that is important.

yep.

the media is nothing and does not reflect reality. you hear media types talk about managers having a bad relationship with the press. and...?

Really?

So when Levein has gone 4-6-0 and lost in the Czech Republic then given Spain a good game a few days later playing with a striker, what he says when asked about the Czech performance doesn't matter. It is what is said behind closed doors?

When Celtic beat us 9-0, what McGhee says doesn't matter?

I wouldn't take everything said in these interviews as sancrosanct, but I certainly wouldn't say they serve no purpose, do not matter and the only thing that matters is what is said behind closed doors.

Actually, I think the whole notion is ridiculous. Maybe newspaper columns in the Daily Record or Sun, but radio interviews?

• Upvote 4

yep.

Can you imagine any of the top 6 managers in the english premier league saying that they cant win the league and that after a game in november (despite being only a few points behind) had just been beaten by the champions elect.......

Infact i cant even see pat fenlon saying that even though hibs are probably worse than us.

Really?

So when Levein has gone 4-6-0 and lost in the Czech Republic then given Spain a good game a few days later playing with a striker, what he says when asked about the Czech performance doesn't matter. It is what is said behind closed doors?

When Celtic beat us 9-0, what McGhee says doesn't matter?

I wouldn't take everything said in these interviews as sancrosanct, but I certainly wouldn't say they serve no purpose, do not matter and the only thing that matters is what is said behind closed doors.

Actually, I think the whole notion is ridiculous. Maybe newspaper columns in the Daily Record or Sun, but radio interviews?

well its nae concrete, but as a rule i couldnt care less about interviews.

its just pr and spin. lies and half truths.

what a manager says to the players and his ability to motivate the team obvioulsy cannot be understimated.

Can you imagine any of the top 6 managers in the english premier league saying that they cant win the league and that after a game in november (despite being only a few points behind) had just been beaten by the champions elect.......

i think they have in the past. moyes for example. wneger has hinted at it recently. pardew yes.

infact the relative budgets of aberdeen and celtic probably reflect the difference between everton and man city.

what a manager says to the players and his ability to motivate the team obvioulsy cannot be understimated.

As I said in an earlier post, when you couple the comments with an insipid display, you have to wonder what was said to the players, and if the tactics reflected what he'd been saying.

I've said it a few times, it isn't the defeat that I felt down by last week, but the manner in which we were defeated. We completely changed our game to try and stop theres, and in the end, still didn't succeed in stopping theirs sufficiently to even get a point...

• Upvote 3

As I said in an earlier post, when you couple the comments with an insipid display, you have to wonder what was said to the players

, and if the tactics reflected what he'd been saying.

well you will have to wonder. but saying negative things to the media is completely different to using it in your teamtalk.

as for the tactics, a manager might play for a draw but thats understandable.

Aye Tommy, cheers. It was a bit of a scare like, but I'm better now - and came into work today, but not 100%.

Exactly, I don't get VDA's comments at all, totally baffled - it's a losers mentality - have confidence in your team 'we'll do the talking on the pitch', but no no time after time 'we won't let the fans down' 'we'll do this for the red army'.

LEARN THE LESSON, SAY FUCK ALL.

Also doesn't help the mood of the crowd either. No pre match talk got our fans right up for this one and to be honest we most certainly should have been up for it.

well you will have to wonder. but saying negative things to the media is completely different to using it in your teamtalk.

as for the tactics, a manager might play for a draw but thats understandable.

Well, what is said on the radio is the best insight we will ever get in to what he says in the changing room, so it will obviously be dissected. It may be completely different to what is being said behind closed doors (he may berate more behind closed doors etc).

As for the draw, it is perfectly understandable if you have a defensive unit you can rely on for a whole game. We don't, but we do have an attacking unit that has been scoring plenty goals.

I love it when anyone that has any form of criticism is called a "so called fan".

And also how they come out with the "get behind the team" comment, as if anyone who criticises on a message board doesn't get behind the team at games.

Walloper.

Just as there will always be "negative" fans who make comments that are viewed as "critical", there will also be "happy clappers" as well.

It's what makes message boards like this so interesting.

i think they have in the past. moyes for example. wneger has hinted at it recently. pardew yes.

infact the relative budgets of aberdeen and celtic probably reflect the difference between everton and man city.

Doesnt seem to be bother moyes much

'The next part is then "can we make a European spot" and if you are very good "can you make the dream spots, the big ones?"

'I'd like to be in there, in the mix, during the season but I don't think Manchester United and Manchester City will be worried to see Everton there at this time of the year.

'They might be worried if in April time we slip to the top of the league.'

Well, what is said on the radio is the best insight we will ever get in to what he says in the changing room, so it will obviously be dissected. It may be completely different to what is being said behind closed doors (he may berate more behind closed doors etc).

mate, this is football. its a sport populated by thick cunts with little or no education. in fact in the dressing room if you have a single scotvec module to your name you'll be called 'prof'.

interviews with footballer and managers are pointless.

stop listening to them and dont pay any attention to whatever is said in them is my advice.

• Downvote 1

Would like add that if our players needed any form of motivation for the game just past then they need to take a good look at themselves.

Brown in no way gets off the hook for saturday but the player need to take a big chunk of responsibility for it. they looked scared compared to when I have seen them this season.