Steve Lomas Banned For 8 Games

Eight-match ban for manager Steve Lomas

St Johnstone manager Steve Lomas has been given an eight-match touchline suspension, following his dismissal at Celtic Park this month.

The Saints boss was ordered to the stand for "abusive language towards a match official".

And his punishment was increased since he had a suspended two-game ban for his conduct at Ross County in September.

Lomas was again sent off during Wednesday's 1-0 loss to Hibs but that has yet to be taken into account.

The former Northern Ireland international revealed that he had apologised to referee Iain Brines after St Johnstone's 1-1 draw at Celtic on 11 November.

Lomas had clapped sarcastically when asked to leave the dug-out for his angry reaction to Celtic's Tony Watt coming on after receiving treatment off the pitch to directly join an attack.

"It's a passionate game," said Lomas at the time. "I've apologised for my language, but at the end of the day, that could have cost us dearly."

His earlier suspended ban was incurred for comments made about Ross County defender Grant Munro.

He suggested that the player had gone to ground rather easily in an incident that led to Saints striker Rowan Vine being sent off.

Lomas was dismissed by referee Craig Thomson in the home match with Hibs moments after Nigel Hasselbaink had missed a penalty kick.

"I kicked a water bottle," was his explanation afterwards. "I said to the fourth official he could've used a bit of common-sense."

Absolutely fucking ridiculous decision

• Upvote 1

Kick a water bottle and swear a bit, get banned for 8 games.

Attempting to incite violence against an independent panel that ends with threats of arson and thousands of pounds of tax payers money spent on anti terrorist police protection for all involved, 3 match suspended ban.

Yet they claim everyone has it in for them and one of them even claim the whole of Scottish football is bigoted towards them.

:dontknow:

• Upvote 12

Wasn't Lennon issued with a 6 game ban? Just as Lomas has been here (+2 from suspended previous offence)?

Less of the conspiracy theories needed I think.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9358188.stm

*edited to add link*

Thats a fair enough argument although depends if they are guilty of the same thing and if Lennon served 6 matches or it was reduced to 3 or something on appeal.

Still doesn't quite explain what McCoist got away with I'm afraid.

However spare the "conspiracy theory" reference please as Scottish Football is riddled with such "conspiracies" and thats not "theory" whatsoever.