Pressley Speaks....

He comes across as a bit of a gype and his dress sense is questionable but he

really does care about Scottish football.

It's a shame that the actual leaders of the game up here tend to be clueless individuals

with no footballing experience.

Time for all the heads of the suits to roll and a revolution kicks off.

• Upvote 2

A bigger top flight is not the answer... It would just be there to subsidise the diddier team which frankly it already does...

Let the bigger clubs such as ourselves with a decent track record of developing talent continue to do so.

And we all know the SFA/SFL/SPL is bullshit - how many millions go in wages that would be better served improving the game...

If a few more football teams have to fall on their sword before they finally realise that they can't exist in their current form so be it. I've said on numerous occasions there should only really be about 20-24 professional teams in Scotland - the rest can all do what they like.

• Upvote 1

A bigger top flight is not the answer... It would just be there to subsidise the diddier team which frankly it already does...

Let the bigger clubs such as ourselves with a decent track record of developing talent continue to do so.

And we all know the SFA/SFL/SPL is bullshit - how many millions go in wages that would be better served improving the game...

If a few more football teams have to fall on their sword before they finally realise that they can't exist in their current form so be it. I've said on numerous occasions there should only really be about 20-24 professional teams in Scotland - the rest can all do what they like.

Top flight should be 20 teams. Its the only way to go frankly. Everything else is poo.

As soon as you remove the obstacle of playing the old firm 4 times a year the top league becomes competitive again - just look at the effect removing Rangers from the fixture list has already had on the SPL.

As for fewer pro/non pro teams this makes no difference whatsover to the league set up - if it becomes a meritocracy by introducing more promotion/relegation and a pyramid then the rest sorts itself out in that regard.

He should be the next Scotland manager.

:hysterical:

Please god no.

However, I'd make him SFA president in place of Ogilvie :-) Get William Wallace's sword out of that display case and gie it to Pressley then send him down to Hampden.

I'm ambivalent about Pressley. He strikes me as being a bit thick, but conversely he talks a lot of sense. I suppose being thick doesn't exclude him from knowing right from wrong, though... and he DID score a cracker of a goal for us against the Deadhuns.

The only way there will ever be meaningful change, and change that isn't dedicated to whatever's best for the Tims and the The Scum, is if the entire apparatus of Scotland's governing bodies are dismantled and replaced with a genuine governing body. One which is actually concerned with the health of the entire game.

Now, the SFA and SPL won't voluntarily give up power. We've seen proof of that over the last year or so, with the death of the Hun and the desperation with which Regan and Doncaster tried to bully the other clubs into accepting the cheating fucks back into Scottish Football with nary a harsh word said to the filth. Just a cheery, "All your cheating is forgiven, come of back to the top flight with all your trophies and titles intact".

If Doncaster and Regan can't even get a simple and clearly obvious ethical decision right then what chance they have the brains to rejuvinate the entire sport?

Guys like Pressley and Hartley and anyone else with a set of bollocks, and who cares about Scottish fitba, needs to start a grass roots rebellion against the current power structure, otherwise all the open letters in the world aren't going to budge the penguin faced twat or his buddy.

I'm ambivalent about Pressley. He strikes me as being a bit thick, but conversely he talks a lot of sense. I suppose being thick doesn't exclude him from knowing right from wrong, though... and he DID score a cracker of a goal for us against the Deadhuns.

If you're talking about own goals, that was when he was at the Diet Huns, rather than the dead ones.

The number of supporters going to games is also a concern with average attendances in general falling throughout our game. Several weeks ago the combined gate of four SPL games played on the Saturday was around 15,500.

For the short term we must address one concerning problem – falling attendances and what is influencing them.

How do we get the lifeblood of the game back through the turnstiles because football, after all, is dear?

Are you, the supporters, suffering the effects of the economy with less disposable income?

the above points Mr Pressley, are nonsense.

the above points Mr Pressley, are nonsense.

I know cause at the end of the day a lot of the attendances have always been shite regardless of the "scum" being in the league or not. It's just the way things are sadly, of course not helped by some of the football that is on show either

I know cause at the end of the day a lot of the attendances have always been shite regardless of the "scum" being in the league or not. It's just the way things are sadly, of course not helped by some of the football that is on show either

Well more the fact attendances are actually up almost across the board.

Well more the fact attendances are actually up almost across the board.

Overall numbers attending SPL games are down, massive reduction, due to rangers 45,000 gone and celtic crowdds dropping significantly. Our crowds are up as are Hibs but it's not like they've increased to huge levels, they've barely reached respectable levels. Other clubs like hearts are well down and there's a few others down so I don't think your right to say they are actually up across the board when more than half the clubs are down and one of the biggest clubs reduction in crowds more than wipes out any increases elsewhere?

• Downvote 1

Overall numbers attending SPL games are down, massive reduction, due to rangers 45,000 gone and celtic crowdds dropping significantly. Our crowds are up as are Hibs but it's not like they've increased to huge levels, they've barely reached respectable levels. Other clubs like hearts are well down and there's a few others down so I don't think your right to say they are actually up across the board when more than half the clubs are down and one of the biggest clubs reduction in crowds more than wipes out any increases elsewhere?

From figures I recall, more than half the SPL have increased, but I'm not going digging them out.

And really, does it matter if the overall figure is down due to Sevco droping 3 leagues? By that logic we might as well say Scottish football is in magnificent health, now that crowds across the SFL have about doubled, and the figures for Div 3 alone don;t bear thinking about.

Have the gates dropped at Ibrox? Very little. Have most clubs seen an increase in SPL attendances? Yes. have crowds risen dramatically in Div 3? Yes. There's your argument.

From figures I recall, more than half the SPL have increased, but I'm not going digging them out.

And really, does it matter if the overall figure is down due to Sevco droping 3 leagues? By that logic we might as well say Scottish football is in magnificent health, now that crowds across the SFL have about doubled, and the figures for Div 3 alone don;t bear thinking about.

Have the gates dropped at Ibrox? Very little. Have most clubs seen an increase in SPL attendances? Yes. have crowds risen dramatically in Div 3? Yes. There's your argument.

The maths isn't exactly spot on but that's a fucking brilliant post Fatshaft. :applause: :applause:

Its true to say the overall figure is affected aversely by Rangers demise BUT what matters is the attendances for each club and most are seeing a benefit or if they have dropped its fairly insignificant. So the loss of 45,000 home fans from Ibrox every week doesn't make any difference to other SPL clubs.

With the extra away fans at the third division its kindoff win-win as well.