Unpopular Dons Players

I would say that Jamie Langfield, Chris Clark and Rory Fallon are very unpopular with large sections of the support.

All three have done a decent enough job for The Dons at times, but even their staunchest supporter couldn't say they've been a success.

Point of thread is, can you remember any other very unpopular Dons?

I'll start you with a couple:

Tommy McQueen - never liked by The Dons' support - for nae reason either, a decent player - would walk into any Aberdeen side of last 15 years.

Keith Wright - one of Porterfield's signings that never worked. Think he was about 40 when he was signed.

Ok, any others?

I would say that Jamie Langfield, Chris Clark and Rory Fallon are very unpopular with large sections of the support.

All three have done a decent enough job for The Dons at times, but even their staunchest supporter couldn't say they've been a success.

Point of thread is, can you remember any other very unpopular Dons?

I'll start you with a couple:

Tommy McQueen - never liked by The Dons' support - for nae reason either, a decent player - would walk into any Aberdeen side of last 15 years.

Keith Wright - one of Porterfield's signings that never worked. Think he was about 40 when he was signed.

Ok, any others?

Keith Wright never played for Aberdeen - he played for Dundee & Hibs.

Assume you mean Keith Edwards?

Aye, think so - stocky, about 40, shite?

Keith Wright was the cunt we should've signed!!!

Keith Wright played up front with Tommy Coyne at Dundee and scored a bucket load.

He them moved to Hibs and scored a bucket load.

Keith Edwards was an ageing 30 something that came north having played for lower league non-entities most of his career (the highlight being with Leeds when they were utter pish)

That was the era of Gary Hackett and Tom "crossbar" Jones, so called cos no matter if he was shooting from 1 yard or 30, he'd hit the fucking thing!

That plug faced cunt was worth it alone for the time he rocked up to Murdo's for a Glasgow derby with a Smeltic polo shirt on - he was on Aberdeen's payroll at the time. Him and his (ex) father-in-law went home with sore faces.

:laughing:

i was there, and 1 of my mate's was involved.

Brian Irvine was pretty unpopular until his spectacular volley against Celtic and defensive heroics in the 94/95.

David Winnie, Mark Perry, Tomas Solberg, Brian Oneill all pretty unpopular when they played

I reserved my abuse for Joe Miller during his second stint with us.

Always hated Foster before he went to the huns, the going to the huns, and in every interview thereafter, bumming them up, and slagging us off, would put him at the top for me. Closely followed by Jackie McNamara, if for nothing else his performance in that semi final, and the admission when he left that he never gave his all for us, and travelling to training every day meant he was always injured.

A lot of the guys, like Young, or Dave Bus, I never hated, yes, they were pretty pish, but they gave their all, wouldn't hate someone just for their shitness!

As for Solberg, for the Amoruso, he's a wanker song, he was a good addition to the team :)