I Was There!

daytripping

The snap was taken about 15 Minutes after things were calmed down, the most brutal fight I've ever been involved in, was raining bottles and bricks, we beat them by about 3 goals and they went mental and waited outside to attack dons fans, this was the first time instead of taking it we fought back, the only black spot was a police woman lost her eye in the ensuing fight.

Gettin locked outside when they shut the gates was no fun.

I think from that day on the huns needed chelsea up to assist.

When we made it round the side of Ibrox beside the main door to the place I took one of those old style Iron Bru bottles off the head, I can't recall but we must have beaten them that day as it seemed like thousands of them were waiting for us outside our end, was raining bottles and stones till we waded into them!

When we made it round the side of Ibrox beside the main door to the place I took one of those old style Iron Bru bottles off the head, I can't recall but we must have beaten them that day as it seemed like thousands of them were waiting for us outside our end, was raining bottles and stones till we waded into them!

It was the amount of suited and booted aul mannies that were just nae liking us.

Fuckin morons.

Superb, dayts love hearing old tales.

Divulge some more about this day...

The pic is from well after the game, outside the stadium they just left us to it, I think a lot of the police hung back hoping we would get hammered, never seen so many angry huns, along side their main stand they were on all sides of us, after the initial bottles and stones we just went for it, it was either that or take a kicking, even the bottlers had no choice as if you were in the group there was no place to run too, it carried on for ages. That day is mentioned in Jays book.

Sadly this was a bit before my time, not that I'd have steamed on in, but would have liked to observe from the sidelines :)

I can remember a game, think it was 93, Willie Millers first game in charge, and I went down to Ibrox on the Granite City bus, we went to Paisley before the match, and were running late, we got to the ground about 10 minutes before kick off, and all the huns were streaming away from the ground, turned out it had been called off due to rain, we couldn't get turned, and ended up going along the main stand to the Hun end, when our bus got there, there was fighting going on all over the car park, and guys on our bus were trying to get off to join in...almost 20 years ago, I feel like I'm Tommy!!!!! :)