27 Shot Dead

Jigot

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school has left 27 people dead, including 18 children, according to an official with knowledge of the attack, in what could be one of the deadliest mass shootings in U.S. history.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still underway.

A law enforcement official in Washington said the attacker was a 20-year-old man with ties to the school and that one of the guns was a .223-calibre rifle. A local police source said the gunman is dead, but provided no further details.

The person behind the shooting apparently had two guns, someone with knowledge of the shooting told The Associated Press. Unconfirmed media reports say the suspect fired about 100 bullets.

20 fucking years old. what the hell is wrong with people?

Good point Tightbreeks. I'd say that Obama could use this to kickstart legislation on stricter gun laws, but it'll be deid in the water when the NRA get involved,especially as they have strong links with the Republicans. Hell, he's struggling with the GOP as is- all Obama'll likely do is a state of the union adress, but apart from that bugger all else.

By the way, heard conflicting reports- did the nutter off himself, or did a teacher return fire and get the fucker?

• Downvote 1

It's not just the NRA, though.

There are something like 80 guns per 100 people in America, and that's just legally registered civilian firearms. There' s certainly a lot of unregistered guns in circulation too.

I own a shotgun, and I know that anyone breaking into my house has a gun, probably unregistered, and if legislation means I give up my gun then my family is at the mercy.of whatever deranged crackhead climbs in through my window.

I doubt government could convince even me to give up my gun, and I'm far from a gun nut. In fact I really don't like the things at all.

Some kind of psychological profiling might be in order, but again, that won't stop the criminals or nutters getting their hands on guns.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

another michael moore expose in the making, it'll be his trilogy?

the gop congress will block anything to do with gun restrictions. it's just going to be the norm for years to come.

on saying that, i need to go to knob :) creek in kentucky and do this.

the farting sound of destruction.

Fucking hell. Moar dakka indeed. Hear there used to be a place outside of Vegas that you and your mates could load up with all sorts of assault weaponry to blast the shite out o auld motors, it was in Loaded a few years back. But Da Minigun....2000 odd rounds a minute, ooft. Mind you it's only supposed to be fired in short bursts, the way that boy's gun was glowin, he's probably fucked the barrels.

Guns and ill educated people just dinna mix.

When I was working in hughstin I surveyed folk (mostly when half cut). 5.46 guns per person on average. Insane. One gadgie had also killed two guys who were trying to steal his car. I asked him if he had insurance. He couldn't understand why that mattered.

It's not just the NRA, though.

There are something like 80 guns per 100 people in America, and that's just legally registered civilian firearms. There' s certainly a lot of unregistered guns in circulation too.

I own a shotgun, and I know that anyone breaking into my house has a gun, probably unregistered, and if legislation means I give up my gun then my family is at the mercy.of whatever deranged crackhead climbs in through my window.

I doubt government could convince even me to give up my gun, and I'm far from a gun nut. In fact I really don't like the things at all.

Some kind of psychological profiling might be in order, but again, that won't stop the criminals or nutters getting their hands on guns.

Would you not get any satisfaction in using something more manual, like a baseball bat?

I would enjoy that more.

The families will take comfort from all the North East of Scotland Facebook messages of sympathy. Especially the ones that said they are in tears and 5 minutes later they have a picture of 2 pairs of shoes asking which ones they should wear tonight.

This was my wife's page and I suppose she does know a right bunch of twats.

Correct.

Would you not get any satisfaction in using something more manual, like a baseball bat?

I would enjoy that more.

I'd rather strangle an intruder to death, so I can look into their eyes as the life is choked out of them to the sound of their frantic death gurgles.

But going at a gun-wielding intruder with nothing but these two Mitts-O-Doom would likely not end well for me.

Shotgun blast at twenty feet, that's the way to deal with an intruder.