At The Mountains Of Madness

Ke1t

Has it got Chtulu or any of the other Old Ones in it?

In the storyline, the last few of the Elder Things make an appearance. The Shoggoths are in there, but no Cthulhu. It's part of the Cthulhu mythos, however, so I imagine there will be reference to Cthulhu but not a lot more in terms of the big man.

I hope they stick to the tone of the book, rather than just turn it into a slasher movie with ice caves. The portion of the book where they realise why the missing expedition has been sliced to pieces could very easily just turn into a "Ermagerd!" seg into another slashing frenzy in the hands of the wrong director.

I'm going into it expecting the book to have been diligently adhered to...

Right now, this is the best Lovecraft/Cthulhu related movie out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOWtgLneeNE

• 4 weeks later...

In the storyline, the last few of the Elder Things make an appearance. The Shoggoths are in there, but no Cthulhu. It's part of the Cthulhu mythos, however, so I imagine there will be reference to Cthulhu but not a lot more in terms of the big man.

I hope they stick to the tone of the book, rather than just turn it into a slasher movie with ice caves. The portion of the book where they realise why the missing expedition has been sliced to pieces could very easily just turn into a "Ermagerd!" seg into another slashing frenzy in the hands of the wrong director.

I'm going into it expecting the book to have been diligently adhered to...

Right now, this is the best Lovecraft/Cthulhu related movie out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOWtgLneeNE

that looks fucking dreadful