Who Would You Have?

Aberdeen

Isaac Osbourne, Jason Brown, Gary Naysmith, Russell Anderson, Chris Clark, Gavin Rae, Rory Fallon, Rob Milsom, Josh Magennis, Mitch Megginson, Ryan Fraser, Danny Rogers.

Unfortunately the bolded has another year to run

There are plenty on that list that would improve us.

The better ones will end up in England though.

Andrew Shinnie, Ryan McGowan, Cammy Bell.

The latter two are apparently sewn up for the sevconians if you believe the 'exclusive' from one of their media spokesmen who works for the BBC.

I thought players can't sign and play for SEVCO until Jan 2014?

Does that mean anyone who is out of contract in the summer couldn't play football for 6 months?

They have this thing where the transfer window does not shut until 2 September this year, whereas their ban is up 31 August.

Therefore they can sign players in those 2 days.

In any case, if they are out of contract, and leave their clubs, sevco can sign them outwith the window.

It's got corruption, illegal tapping, arrogance and delusions of grandeur all rolled into one big sevco chest beating statement of intent.

Of course none of this rulebreaking needs to be answered for, this is Scotland ffs, we are the people etc.

Players I'd choose to have at Aberdeen if money were not an option:

Aberdeen

Isaac Osbourne, Josh Magennis

Dundee United

Jon Daly

Hearts

Andy Webster, Andy Driver, Darren Barr, Danny Grainger, Ryan McGowan, Arvydas Novikovas

Hibs

David Wotherspoon

Inverness

Andrew Shinnie, Aaron Doran

Kilmarnock

Cammy Bell, Liam Kelly, James Dayton

Motherwell

Jamie Murphy, Michael Higdon, Darren Randolph, Tom Hateley, Steven Saunders, Nicky Law, Chris Humphrey, Omar Daley, Zaine Francis-Angol

Ross County

Richard Brittain

St Johnstone

Murray Davidson, Chris Millar, Rowan Vine, Frazer Wright

St Mirren

Paul McGowan

But then again, money is an option - so this whole exercise has been fucking pointless! :deadhorse:

They have this thing where the transfer window does not shut until 2 September this year, whereas their ban is up 31 August.

Therefore they can sign players in those 2 days.

In any case, if they are out of contract, and leave their clubs, sevco can sign them outwith the window.

It's got corruption, illegal tapping, arrogance and delusions of grandeur all rolled into one big sevco chest beating statement of intent.

Of course none of this rulebreaking needs to be answered for, this is Scotland ffs, we are the people etc.

They can sign players outside of transfer window in September regardless if the players are out of contract. Makes the "ban" a farce!!

• Upvote 1

That list kind of backs up my point in the other thread about the youth system. There are enough players in that list we could realistically get that would improve us and make us at least best of the rest. Driver, Daly, Webster, Bell and most of the Motherwell players.

Driver - another crock

Daly - He'd see it as sideways move maybe?

Webster - couldn't afford him and is he not another porcelain legged type?!

Bell - SEVCO or England

I hear what you say though, there are a good few on the list that SHOULD be in our reach, especially the likes of a couple of the Motherwell players such as Randolph or Nicky Law.

If we can get

They might not have as many rushing to sign for them this summer though. A nice 3-4 year contract with the huns seemed a great idea when the media was telling us it was a stick on the huns were in top division by the time you said boo. Now that everyone understands it'll be a minimum 3 years and they may never be in the top division again I don't think a Murray Davidson etc would be choosing them over say a semi-decent Championship side and if any do sign like Ian Black, Kevin Kyle and Fran Sandaza then I would take that as they didnt actually have any good offers as opposed to the lure of the hun.

Controversially I would probably offer a swap of Pawlett for any of the St Johnstone senior players that they suspect are leaving in the summer anyway when/assuming they make an offer to extend his loan by six months.

Apart from Murray Davidson, who would you want that would improve us?

I think Davidson is bound for SEVCO - they're long time admirers apparently.

They might not have as many rushing to sign for them this summer though. A nice 3-4 year contract with the huns seemed a great idea when the media was telling us it was a stick on the huns were in top division by the time you said boo. Now that everyone understands it'll be a minimum 3 years and they may never be in the top division again I don't think a Murray Davidson etc would be choosing them over say a semi-decent Championship side and if any do sign like Ian Black, Kevin Kyle and Fran Sandaza then I would take that as they didnt actually have any good offers as opposed to the lure of the hun.

As I said in the summer - only the worst kind of mercenaries will sign for them. The end result? A team full of tossers who only care about the money. When they get back up the leagues Sevco will find it very difficult rebuilding that into proper team capable of winning things again.

I think they'll be back up in 3 years or whatever but they'll have a squad of money grabbing tossers and they won't challenge for the title.

Apart from Murray Davidson, who would you want that would improve us?

I think Davidson is bound for SEVCO - they're long time admirers apparently.

Good for him. Career over if he does.

His star is already on the wane - probably should have moved south last year or the one before. If he goes to spend 2 more years in the lower leagues its going to be game over for him.

• Upvote 1

Going back to the original question... I think we should be pursuing pre-contract agreements every year - we can't afford not to. Looking at the list of clubs and players available I think the more realistic options are players from the 2 Dundee Clubs and 2 Highland clubs.

Part of the reason I say that is so many players in the central belt really don't have a the gumption to move away from central belt scotland. In some cases the girlfriends, wives etc are the barrier. Too often we have struggled to convince such players to come north.

So for that reason and also because I'd say the 4 clubs I mentioned would be where to target - they are also ones we can compete with financially IMO.

So i'd suggest:

Inverness

Dundee

Brian Easton

Dundee United

Jon Daly, Barry Douglas

Ross County

Richard Brittain

Players I'd choose to have at Aberdeen if money were not an option:

Aberdeen

Isaac Osbourne, Josh Magennis

Dundee United

Jon Daly

Hearts

Andy Webster, Andy Driver, Darren Barr, Danny Grainger, Ryan McGowan, Arvydas Novikovas

Hibs

David Wotherspoon

Inverness

Kilmarnock

Cammy Bell, Liam Kelly, James Dayton

Motherwell

Jamie Murphy, Michael Higdon, Darren Randolph, Tom Hateley, Steven Saunders, Nicky Law, Chris Humphrey, Omar Daley, Zaine Francis-Angol

Ross County

Richard Brittain

St Johnstone

Murray Davidson, Chris Millar, Rowan Vine, Frazer Wright

St Mirren

Paul McGowan

But then again, money is an option - so this whole exercise has been fucking pointless! :deadhorse:

Jeez! How many Aberdeen teams do you want to be able to field at once?! ;-)

With Craig Brown trying to tie up per contracts I wonder if he is going to make a move for Aaron Doran at ICT. Mentioned a couple of times in this thread but he wants to stay in the SPL, albeit he was meaning inverness when interviewed, but he's a young winger with 10 assists so far this season and could be seen as a replacement should Fraser move on.

With Craig Brown trying to tie up per contracts I wonder if he is going to make a move for Aaron Doran at ICT. Mentioned a couple of times in this thread but he wants to stay in the SPL, albeit he was meaning inverness when interviewed, but he's a young winger with 10 assists so far this season and could be seen as a replacement should Fraser move on.

There are plenty folk on that list that would improve our squad and team.

The better ones are likely to head to England though (Andrew Shinnie for example)

I'd like;

- Cammy Bell or Darren Randolph to replace Jason Brown (And Langfield)

- Richard Brittain to replace Isaac Osborne (who'll almost certainly leave)

- I'd also take both Shinne & Doran from Caley if at all possible

Out of that list, the only ones I would have at Pittodrie are: -

(Obviously some are new contracts, the rest, offer them pre contracts)

Aberdeen

Isaac Osbourne, Gary Naysmith, Russell Anderson, Ryan Fraser, Danny Rogers.

Dundee United

Jon Daly (Good strong player)

Hearts

Andy Webster (See Daly)

Inverness

Andrew Shinnie (Got something and local boy)

Kilmarnock

Cammy Bell (Either him or Randolph as both wouldn't come)

Liam Kelly (Smart footballer and replacement for Rae who will be too old or Milsom / Osbourne who will be away)

Motherwell

Darren Randolph (see Bell)

Nicky Law (See Kelly)

St Johnstone

Murray Davidson (Stop the scum getting him. Good attacking midfielder)

Liam Craig (Really impressed with him. Also see Kelly)

St Mirren

Paul McGowan (Tricky attacking player. Replacement fro Fraser if he goes)

Steven Thompson (As an option if we dont get Daly or alternative. Big strong good footballer and good feet)

Out of that list, the only ones I would have at Pittodrie are: -

Aberdeen

Isaac Osbourne, Gary Naysmith, Russell Anderson, Ryan Fraser, Danny Rogers.

Dundee United

Jon Daly (Good strong player)

Hearts

Andy Webster (See Daly)

Inverness

Andrew Shinnie (Got something and local boy)

Kilmarnock

Cammy Bell (Either him or Randolph as both wouldn't come)

Liam Kelly (Smart footballer and replacement for Rae who will be too old or Milsom / Osbourne who will be away)

Motherwell

Darren Randolph (see Bell)

Nicky Law (See Kelly)

St Johnstone

Murray Davidson (Stop the scum getting him. Good attacking midfielder)

Liam Craig (Really impressed with him. Also see Kelly)

St Mirren

Paul McGowan (Tricky attacking player. Replacement fro Fraser if he goes)

Steven Thompson (As an option if we dont get Daly or alternative. Big strong good footballer and good feet)

Players I would consider: (Ones in bold first)

Aberdeen

Isaac Osbourne, Russell Anderson, Rob Milsom, Josh Magennis, Ryan Fraser.

Celtic

Paddy McCourt,

Dundee

Ryan Conroy, Nicky Riley

Dundee United

Jon Daly, Willo Flood, Barry Douglas.

Hearts

Andy Webster, Andy Driver, Darren Barr, Marius Zaliukas, Danny Grainger, Ryan McGowan (gone), Dylan McGowan, Scott Robinson, Arvydas Novikovas,

Hibs

David Wotherspoon, Lewis Stevenson,

Inverness

Nick Ross, Andrew Shinnie, Owain Tudur-Jones, Aaron Doran, Shane Sutherland,

Kilmarnock

Cammy Bell, Liam Kelly, James Dayton,

Motherwell

Jamie Murphy(gone), Michael Higdon, Darren Randolph, Tom Hateley, Steven Saunders, Nicky Law,

Ross County

Richard Brittain, Iain Vigurs,

St Johnstone

Murray Davidson,Liam Craig,Alan Mannus

St Mirren

Paul McGowan, Graham Carey