Highlights

Apart from the goal, Niall McGinn just looks a cut above. Every time he gets the ball he looks dangerous - just drifting past defenders, with that turn of acceleration, as if they weren't there.

I remember reading the Brentford messageboards, just after McGinn signed for us. They all thought he was a shocking footballer, so I wasn't holding out much hope. However, he played on the wing for Brentford - the move through the middle seems to have been the making of the player.

Apart from the goal, Niall McGinn just looks a cut above. Every time he gets the ball he looks dangerous - just drifting past defenders, with that turn of acceleration, as if they weren't there.

I remember reading the Brentford messageboards, just after McGinn signed for us. They all thought he was a shocking footballer, so I wasn't holding out much hope. However, he played on the wing for Brentford - the move through the middle seems to have been the making of the player.

Yeah and I know I was very suss and unimpressed when we'd signed a winger but Brown said he had signed as a striker. Guess it has to class as the single most right thing Craig Brown has done with us?