Australian Open 2013

Murray wins in straight sets 3, 1 & 3.

To be fair Simon came in to the match injured. He was hospitalised after his marathon 3rd round match with Monfils.

Murray is into the quaters without dropping a set.... but bizarrely he hasn't played at all well, other than a spell in his first round match!

Unseeded Chardy in the next round - who knocked Del Potro out in the third round. The frenchman beat Murray comfortably in their last meeting at the Cincinnati masters, so this one is going to be a lot tougher.

My mate was at the Murray match, front row - said it was superb experience.

5live were complaining that it was a non-event and a boring match. Typical of the British media. If he'd been taken to 5 sets, scraping around, just keeping his head above water in a thrilling encounter, they'd have been complaining, 'typical Murray, alway doing things the hard way, etc...'

It possibly was boring match - I never saw it, but I'd say it was a superb experience anyways also given I've never been to a Murray tennis match.

When I go to a Grand Prix, I may not see much of the race - but I'll call it a superb experience.

I think you can see where I'm going with that one, yeah?

I'm inclined to go against the media though given they are cunts.

Wasn't having a go at you or your pal. I know better than anyone that the AO is great experience and it's fantastic watching a top player like Murray live in flesh.

I'm just exasperated by the way Murray is reported sometimes... there is a definite agenda from some sections of the media. He can't do right with some people.

Murray beats Chardy 4, 1 & 2.

Murray has reached the semi-final of this grand slam without dropping a single set. He hasn't even played well since his first round match. The scoreline today flattered Murray. His serve was very sloppy, and he managed to dig himself out of trouble on several occassions. However, his return was absolutely glorious. He broke Chardy 8 times in a match which lasted 3 sets.

I think it's a pity that he suffers from personality and popularity issues, because in Scotland we are lucky to have been blessed with a sportsman who is so naturally gifted. I'm already not looking forward to the day he retires, because we'll never see his like again.

Federer and Tsonga up next. This should be interesting as these two have, in my opinion, been the best two players of the tournament so far. Tsonga has beaten Federer in a Grand Slam quarter final previously.

Murray beats Chardy 4, 1 & 2.

Murray has reached the semi-final of this grand slam without dropping a single set. He hasn't even played well since his first round match. The scoreline today flattered Murray. His serve was very sloppy, and he managed to dig himself out of trouble on several occassions. However, his return was absolutely glorious. He broke Chardy 8 times in a match which lasted 3 sets.

I think it's a pity that he suffers from personality and popularity issues, because in Scotland we are lucky to have been blessed with a sportsman who is so naturally gifted. I'm already not looking forward to the day he retires, because we'll never see his like again.

Federer and Tsonga up next. This should be interesting as these two have, in my opinion, been the best two players of the tournament so far. Tsonga has beaten Federer in a Grand Slam quarter final previously.

I am surprised at your report of his match today SOTR. five live and talksport said he was awesome today and the guy interviewing him after the game on court thought it was one of his best performances.

haven't seen any of it myself so really can't comment

I am surprised at your report of his match today SOTR. five live and talksport said he was awesome today and the guy interviewing him after the game on court thought it was one of his best performances.

haven't seen any of it myself so really can't comment

I'm just judging him against the level of play he achieved during the US Open.

His return of serve was incredible, but on serve I thought he was sloppy. He was very lucky not to drop more than 2 games on his serve.

If he plays like he did today against Djokovic or Federer, at the business end of grand slam, he would lose. That is 100% certain. They would be all over his service.

It's good news that he has made another semi-final, but he has shown nothing to suggest that he's in the form required to beat Fed or Djok.

I'm just judging him against the level of play he achieved during the US Open.

His return of serve was incredible, but on serve I thought he was sloppy. He was very lucky not to drop more than 2 games on his serve.

If he plays like he did today against Djokovic or Federer, at the business end of grand slam, he would lose. That is 100% certain. They would be all over his service.

It's good news that he has made another semi-final, but he has shown nothing to suggest that he's in the form required to beat Fed or Djok.

He was ropey in the US also arguably until the final......

Ridiculous from Djokovic.

I'll be screaming for Muzza tomorrow and hopefully on Sunday as well.

However, either way I think the title belongs to Djokovic this year.

6-2 6-2 6-1 in a Grand Slam semi.

Wow.

He's the best player in the world by a comfortable distance.

Murray and Federer are playing for second place tomorrow.

He's the best player in the world by a comfortable distance.

Murray and Federer are playing for second place tomorrow.

Djok maybe played great today but he's been far from his best during the whole tournament. Obviously if he hits the top of his game on Sunday in the final he will win but its far from concluded

Are we forgetting how Murray dominated him in stages at the US ? I am more worried about Federer, he has never beaten him in a slam, now is the time

Och, he has slight chance, but it's no more than that. Djokovic is only human and I guess anything can happen in a one off match.

One thing is for certain, Djokovic won't roll over. He won't be beaten in less than 5 sets. I don't think Federer could stay with him over 5 sets - but I do think Murray is strong enough. Whoever makes it is up against it, that's for sure.

Och, he has slight chance, but it's no more than that. Djokovic is only human and I guess anything can happen in a one off match.

One thing is for certain, Djokovic won't roll over. He won't be beaten in less than 5 sets. I don't think Federer could stay with him over 5 sets - but I do think Murray is strong enough. Whoever makes it is up against it, that's for sure.

If he gets to final it will be another war of attrition like the US

I think Murray is a much better player than 12 months ago when him and Djokovic had a fantastic game and that was only decided by a few points. Think if he gets through federer quite quickly think he has a good chance