Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

Guest the shepherd

He'd be better off there by a country mile.

Aye as long as he stays away from Winson Green, Lozells and Wandsworth, all across the road from Aston, he'll be fine. Wannabe gangster areas of Birmingham. Mind you if he went to glasgow he would have Easterhouse, Dalmarnock and Bishopton to contend with. What a choice?.
Guest the shepherd

Hed not be a stinking child molesting tim. Fairly fucking obvious Id have thought.

No word on Jim Torbett yet then regarding the outcome of his trial??

Aye as long as he stays away from Winson Green, Lozells and Wandsworth, all across the road from Aston, he'll be fine. Wannabe gangster areas of Birmingham. Mind you if he went to glasgow he would have Easterhouse, Dalmarnock and Bishopton to contend with. What a choice?.

What would a village in Renfrewshire have to do with the east end of Glasgow?!

Haha serves Celtic right. Lowballing cunts, trying to force Hibs hand with the unspoken threat being that McGinn would sign for nothing at the end of next season.

Bit them right on the arse.

I don't think they really rated/wanted him that much to be honest.

They were just testing waters. Knowing they could loan him out no problem if needed &/or sell him on for money back or profit.

It was just a very low risk (buy but don't really want/need) option they played with.

In the same way we are being priced out of our preferred market (lower english leagues), Celtic are being completely priced out of theirs (young european players of potential CL quality).

Players they used to snap up around the fringes of the "upper" market with a bit of clever scouting a good job of selling the club as a stepping stone are now going to bottom EPL and moneyed Championship teams where they can earn more, get their chances against the big teams or have the prospect of EPL much quicker than by proving themselves at Celtic for 2 years.

Their CL ambitions may actually be completely fucked by the increasing financial strength of mediocre English football teams who are now chasing the same players.

Quite funny really.

In the same way we are being priced out of our preferred market (lower english leagues), Celtic are being completely priced out of theirs (young european players of potential CL quality).

Players they used to snap up around the fringes of the "upper" market with a bit of clever scouting a good job of selling the club as a stepping stone are now going to bottom EPL and moneyed Championship teams where they can earn more, get their chances against the big teams or have the prospect of EPL much quicker than by proving themselves at Celtic for 2 years.

Their CL ambitions may actually be completely fucked by the increasing financial strength of mediocre English football teams who are now chasing the same players.

Quite funny really.

Bit strange that it took this long for the big Sky deal to affect the transfer market really, poor forecasting by clubs like ours tbh

Bit strange that it took this long for the big Sky deal to affect the transfer market really, poor forecasting by clubs like ours tbh

I think the money has just doubled and doubled with every deal. The EPL ones are now incredible but I assume the English leagues below that are now on crazy money too.

Tbf they introduced the squad system to try and help but its not working, teams still buy all those players and then leave about 10 or so players out of the squad just wasting away or at best loan them off.

Its unsustainable.

Forget if it was Gary Neville or the other guff on manyoo vs Maddison City last night who announced that because VVD had set the bar at £75m that it automatically followed that other centre halfs like the liecestee lad were worth that too. Mental.

Of course,

This is the mentality of the market they have created.

I was very critical of the club's transfer strategy a few weeks ago and some of that still stands but I'm starting to see its become exponentially harder for them this year and thy just haven't been prepared for that.

The thing is that it isn't unsustainable, we all hope the Sky bubble will burst, but it won't unless they allow the League and the marketing to stagnate. There's too many stakeholders now to allow it to collapse, they may change the model slightly in future, but don't expect a Sevco style collapse any time soon

I agree with that chewie, a financial collapse isn't likely but I meant more that from a football perspective the impact this amount of money has on the current system just isn't sustainable.

Not sure will give but something has to.

The only way I’d expect it to change is if there’s change in FIFA and UEFA and they make a proper financial fair play rule.....unlikely. Or someone does a Bosman and destroys the system......again......also unlikely.

A more likely scenario is where the rules of ownership of multiple clubs gets lessened and the bigger leagues basically buy up clubs and leagues like ours to act as feeder/reserves for the Main clubs that can’t play their full squads......

The only way I’d expect it to change is if there’s change in FIFA and UEFA and they make a proper financial fair play rule.....unlikely. Or someone does a Bosman and destroys the system......again......also unlikely.

A more likely scenario is where the rules of ownership of multiple clubs gets lessened and the bigger leagues basically buy up clubs and leagues like ours to act as feeder/reserves for the Main clubs that can’t play their full squads......

Its getting to the stage where the game would benefit from a standard pay out option for all contracts - something that allows the big clubs to "cheaply" simply release all the extra players they have hanging about doing very little. A bit like the guarantees system in US sports maybe.

That would free up talented players, compensate them in a standard way and get the middle-lower end of the market moving again.

Otherwise the wealthy clubs are going to increasingly monopolise all the professional players, even though they can only use a limited number of them.

• Upvote 1