• Celtic 9-0 Aberdeen
    • Penalty defeat by East Fife
    • Right here, right now
    • Other

Am I allowed 3?

The GWT being appointed and taking that hun cu*t Knox as his assistant

The double signing of Hughes and Rae...both clapped out hun filth

The 2 year deal awarded to that pri*k want to be hun Langfield

Obviously if the first hadn't happened the others wouldn't have either.

• Downvote 2

Never felt lower than I did last night after a narrow defeat to St Johnstone in a howling gale with half our team missing and hardly a blade of grass on the pitch.

I can't remember the last time I remember feeling that low.

Probably the last time we lost a meaningless encounter in the depths of such a depressing winter.

I'm sure there are new lows to which I could plumb if we happen to lose again shortly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The 9-0 game was a one off, although it had been coming for a while due to the way we were playing that season.

The play off season was pretty exciting and the fans really rallied behind the players and the club. I can't imagine that happening the way things are going at the moment.

6-1 livi....Freak result. Every time they got up the park they somehow scored, it was just a weird game.

For me the point where I apathy set in was when we were facing QOTS in the cup. We hadn't won anything in years and we were facing a side who we, under normal circumstances, should be beating convincingly. It was the most disappointing game of football I've ever witnessed. The bus journey home was full of broken men.

Guest milne_afc

May 91.

I was there and it was fucking horrible.

The club meant more to me back then though. I've more interest in the forums and online chat than the actual team these days, which is weird.

The 9-0 was horriffic, but it was almost as if it wasn't real it was so rediculous, I was angry after the 9-0, but the QOTS was worse, we were so sure we were going to be facing the huns in the final, only to put in one of the most inept performances Hampden has ever witnessed, I think we are still experiencing the fall out of that game to this day, particularly in terms of the fan base, that game was truly soul destroying.

I can't say I enjoyed the Queens Park penalty debacle either, I think thats a glaring omission!

I loved the thrill from almost being relegated, some of the best atmospheres I've ever been involved in.

I say right here right now.

I just simply cannot be arsed arguing with other teams fans about Aberdeen or defend them anymore.

In the past I've been able to, or had fight about me when it came to Aberdeen - now I couldn't give 2 fucks, because Aberdeen don't give a fuck about you or me.

the battle between us and Utd then Dunfermline was an amazing atmosphere and we backed our team that year. WTF happened to us? Nothing would have stopped me going that season, I had a season ticket.

QOTS was when apathy properly set in

Queen of the South for me. At that point it was coming up to 8 years without a cup final, we'd already ballsed up one semi-final against Dundee United and here we had a chance to make a final against a team mid-table in the first division. We, a team that had thumped Copenhagen and matched up in at least one game against Bayern Munich, against a team who had a complete and utter useless footballer in their line up who we'd all been delighted to get rid of.

I could have perhaps taken a plucky 1-0 defeat, where QotS played the game of their lives. To lose 4-3, with pulling it back even on 3 occasions, was just ridiculous. It was a shocking performance that certain people within the club tried to put back on to us, including Willie Miller who would never ever have had that attitude as a player (nor would he ever been allowed it if he'd tried). Probably about the time I hit rock bottom as far as the Dons were concerned. Celtic 9-0 probably had me hitting that low again.

May 91 when we lost the title will always be for me the worst day following the Dons however we had optimism and a solid well run club with ambition, not like the past 17/18 years when the rot started too set in.

As for the dark-ages from about 95/96 onwards well there have been so many but if i had to choose one it would be the 9-0 against Ceptic according to that prick McGhee it was just another 3 points, he should of been sacked right there and then, and never allowed to set foot anywhere near Pittodrie ever again.

Queens of the south, without a doubt! Totally broke me as a fan. Pretty much game up on the dons for a few months after that.

Hadnt missed an away game (apart from Dnipro) in 9 years and i think i have been to about 9 since, The day i realised that i will never see my team lift another trophy!

The day i realised that i will never see my team lift another trophy!

Funny you say that Stoney, that horrible relisation only came upon me last night when I was watching the game.

I was devastated after Queen of the South but every season since then I've remained hopeful we'd soon be seeing the Dons lift some silverware soon, every season was going to be our year to win the Cup.

However, as the 2nd and 3rd goals slipped in against us last night I soon realised we may never see Aberdeen win anything, ever again.

I'm glad I'm old enough (just!) to have witnessed us winning a trophy.

Not that I remember much of it.

Funny you say that Stoney, that horrible relisation only came upon me last night when I was watching the game.

I was devastated after Queen of the South but every season since then I've remained hopeful we'd soon be seeing the Dons lift some silverware soon, every season was going to be our year to win the Cup.

However, as the 2nd and 3rd goals slipped in against us last night I soon realised we may never see Aberdeen win anything, ever again.

I agree we may never win a cup again, was too young to remember 95' & wasn't born when Dons were the Kings of Scotland & Europe. It upsets me that i may never see the Dons as the older fans on here have as a Glorious side who were feared & respected by all at the same time. :cry:

My proper lowest point was a pish poor home game against Hamilton, in a howling gale. I think we won but I really didnae give a feck, that's when I started questioning what I was doing wasting my money on this pish.

The Great Escape '95 is undoubtedly one of my highlights as a dons fan. Proper excitement, amazing support, tension, and in the end, the relief of the right outcome.

My proper lowest point was a pish poor home game against Hamilton, in a howling gale. I think we won but I really didnae give a feck, that's when I started questioning what I was doing wasting my money on this pish.

The Great Escape '95 is undoubtedly one of my highlights as a dons fan. Proper excitement, amazing support, tension, and in the end, the relief of the right outcome.

I was at every game in that run-in and oddly it is also one of my highlights as a dons fan.

Theres a lot of people who i havnt seen since that game, people who were going to every single game!

Mind you i have that game to thank for meeting the wife as had we won that game i would have been at the celtic away game without a doubt rather than my darts night out getting ruined in toon haha.

Cant imagine what it must have felt like at ibrox in 91, but imagine it would have been similar to the way i felt at hamped.

Remember the bus journey on the way up the road, you could have heard a pin drop from Hampden to Dundee!

• Site Sponsor

Never felt lower than I did last night after a narrow defeat to St Johnstone in a howling gale with half our team missing and hardly a blade of grass on the pitch.

I can't remember the last time I remember feeling that low.

Probably the last time we lost a meaningless encounter in the depths of such a depressing winter.

I'm sure there are new lows to which I could plumb if we happen to lose again shortly.

Hadn't realised that. I thought it was a league game with vital points at stake. Thanks for pointing out it was just a bounce game.