Rest Of The Season

although many say the season is over (got to agree most of the excitement has been taken away) there is still the league campaign, which i think the target should be top 4 (realistically). so this is what is think is feasible in order to achieve this.

H St Mirren - win, 3 points

H Dundee - win, 3 points

A Kilmarnock - draw, 1 point

H Ross County - win, 3 points

H Motherwell - draw, 1 point

A Celtic - lose, 0 points

H Hearts - win, 3 points

A Dundee United - draw, 1 point

total of 15 points which i think would be acceptable, obviously would love to win them all (especially against celtic) but 8 wins in a row is not going to happen. this should put us into a good position for the split .

WOn 3 at home all season. Seen nothing to suggest we'll win the next 3.

Exactly.

Brown's had his chance.

It's easy for players and the like of Willie Miller and Charlie Allan

to say we should stick with Brown but we need a dynamic individual

to take the team and board by the scruff of the neck and get the mess

sorted out.

Fuck the rangers then, fuck the rangers now, fuck the rangers forever.

although many say the season is over (got to agree most of the excitement has been taken away) there is still the league campaign, which i think the target should be top 4 (realistically). so this is what is think is feasible in order to achieve this.

H Dundee - win, 3 points

H Hearts - win, 3 points

total of 15 points which i think would be acceptable, obviously would love to win them all (especially against celtic) but 8 wins in a row is not going to happen. this should put us into a good position for the split .

We have only won 8 games all season so chances of winning 4 out of 8 are pretty remote.

• Upvote 2

H Dundee - win, 3 points

H Hearts - win, 3 points

Sorry but top 4 with the resources we have should not be the target the target can only be top 2 - look at it and the other teams - which clubs can match us in both resources and playing squad? Motherwell no ICT no hibs cant get a fag paper between us, hearts no dundee united no so come on where on earth does this 4th come from

We really will look back on this week gone past as pivotal in the season 1 pt from 6 against our closest rivals and out the cup

dont cre what the points are 2nd is the only place we should be going nothing else is acceptable given the position we are in now and the relative strengths of the other teams

• Upvote 1

H Dundee - win, 3 points

H Hearts - win, 3 points

Sorry but top 4 with the resources we have should not be the target the target can only be top 2 - look at it and the other teams - which clubs can match us in both resources and playing squad? Motherwell no ICT no hibs cant get a fag paper between us, hearts no dundee united no so come on where on earth does this 4th come from

We really will look back on this week gone past as pivotal in the season 1 pt from 6 against our closest rivals and out the cup

dont cre what the points are 2nd is the only place we should be going nothing else is acceptable given the position we are in now and the relative strengths of the other teams

• Downvote 1

We could just as easily end up 11th as 2nd. 6pts is a must from the next two to get us on course again for the latter but with the way we're playing just now that's not going to happen. Controlling possession less and making more defensive errors is allowing the opposition more shots at our ever reliable keeper.

Up until the Celtic game when we were 2nd we conceded 2+ goals only twice in 13 games against County and Motherwell. Including Celtic we've done it 8 times in 12 since. We've got our strongest midfield back now but until the lads at the back start cutting out the errors we're going to fighting a constant uphill battle to win these games.

Exactly.

Brown's had his chance.

sorted out.

Agreed. Everyone can see we have improved but browns tactics simply don't work. Always makes his subs too late for starters...

The problem, what I can see anyways, is that we start games strong and we finish games strong but we don't capitalise on the chances we create. Looking at the league game against Hibs, we could have had 3 in the first 15 minutes. We need to:

1) Take more of the chances we create at the beginning of games.

2) Keep up the tempo for longer. We seem to go off the boil after first burst.

3) Keep the same starting 11 with players in the correct position. We chop and change things too often.

and finally

4) WIN. Simple.

• Site Sponsor

H Dundee - win, 3 points

H Hearts - win, 3 points

15/24 wouldn't be acceptable to me. Broon would have a party though.

• Site Sponsor

Exactly.

Brown's had his chance.

sorted out.

The thing I'll thank Brown for is the squad (Clown and Clark aside) that he has left the new man.

Please, no-one suggest McLeish for the job.