125Mph

rumpus

Apologies if im being daft but would that work? It wouldn't cause the engine to seize or something due to going at however many thousand rpm and suddenly having no fuel in it?

The fuel wouldn't make a difference. You can turn an engine over and over with no fuel in it. The fact you turned the lube oil pump off would be your big problem. i certainly wouldn't want to try it.

Apologies if im being daft but would that work? It wouldn't cause the engine to seize or something due to going at however many thousand rpm and suddenly having no fuel in it?

No. Oil pumps are pretty much all driven direct off the crank shaft so that if the engin is turning it is getting oil.

My mates steering wheel locked when he thought it would be funny to turn off the engine to see what would happen.

Aye that would happen if you removed the key from the ignition...just turning the key to the ACC position would just kill the engine...you would lose power steering but would be able to control the car...put it into neutral and coast to a stop.

This Laguna probably had the keycard ignition system, that means he would have had to push the button to stop and start the car. This has a failsafe that stops you accidently switching the engine off when the cars going above a couple of miles per hour.

As someone said above knock the thing into neutral and let it coast to a halt...then switch it off.

I've been in and around a couple of cars when the throttle has stuck open and it fair gets the heart beating. There was a guy in the states a couple of years ago that

died when his cruise control on his Ford went tits up and he ended up crashing the car. He was a cop and had time to phone 911 during all the drama and still wasn't able to switch off the thing or put it in neutral :dontknow: