Tango "happy To Talk To Dundee"

Given a couple of seasons he'll probably get them back into the SPL and turn them into a mid-table side.

If I were a Dundeh fan, for the short term, I'd be happy enough with that.

What they shouldn't do is hand him a three and a half year contract and then fire him a year into it, because that would be fucking idiotic.

...wouldn't it, Aberdeen?

Given a couple of seasons he'll probably get them back into the SPL and turn them into a mid-table side.

If I were a Dundeh fan, for the short term, I'd be happy enough with that.

What they shouldn't do is hand him a three and a half year contract and then fire him a year into it, because that would be fucking idiotic.

...wouldn't it, Aberdeen?

A money spending manager - something not available at Dundee.

The thing is, Calderwood has a rep for spending money, but at the same time he finishes where you would expect him to finish... whereas guys like Brown, McGhee, Paterson, and Ebbe massively underperformed with the alleged wages they were spending. Although Paterson can be excused slightly because he was having to get rid of players while slashing the budget, while being a fucking drunk on company time.

IF Calderwood was getting the fourth largest budget then he delivered on that budget, if not in the cups then in the league.

Seems like your typical Aberdeen manager can deliver 9th, or worse, in the league with the alleged 4th largest budget,

Dundee could do worse than Calderwood... ie every other Aberdeen manager in recent years.

• Upvote 8

mid table?

why do you think that?

for all the fucking IDIOTS slaggin him off, remember where we are now he's left

FUCKED

Dundee, as has been said, has limited resources. Teams with greater resources like Hibs, United, Celtic, The Rangers (they'll be in the SPL soon enough) Aberdeen, and Hearts, should finish above them. Teams like Inverness, Killie, Motherwell are established and I'd expect them to likely finish above Dundee. Sides like St Mirren and Ross County will be competing with them in the lower reaches. With Calderwood in charge, he has a knack for building team spirit, I'd expect them to punch at or above their weight.

So, that's why.

• Upvote 1

We lost a lot of regular members due to the type of football Calderwood played.

I found these comments by Killie fans and Ross County fans interesting on Pie and Bovril site:

Wanted the Killie job permanently in the summer of Mixu, demanded a ludicrous budget to bring in 'some Dutch lads' and when he was told the real budget he'd be given he stormed away and was quoted as saying "It would be impossible to keep Kilmarnock in the SPL on that budget."

Fast forward a few months and Mixu had us playing some of the best football I can remember from a Killie side and leading us to the top six. Far, far away from the 'impossibility' Calderwood had sited the job as.

He also told Squirrelhumper (?) that he thought "that Yeremenka wisnae even that gid".

Moron.

Ross County fan posted this

Other than his dreadful style of play, he's an arse of a man too.

He alienated almost everyone at County even in his short stay there and there was nobody on our board that wanted to keep him. I won't go into them, but some of the stories I've been told (and by Directors nonetheless) are proper "head in hands" kinda stuff.

If Dundee do plump for him, they'll need a strong board to be able to keep him in line and by the sound of it Dundee don't have that.

So Calderwood leaving is the reason why we went into a decline ...... How much did he get to spend again ?

If Caldo got all that money to spend that people speak of, but never spoke of at the time, then how come he was not able to keep the team that finished 3rd together? The likes of Anderson, Hart, Nicholson & Clark moving on. Who were all big players.

Calderwoods gone and thats it. Doesn't bother me and I hope we can all be united over our next appointment. But it annoys me how much some of you bad talk him. The fact is he did a good job - especially compared to the closest managers before and after him. He left us in a better position than when he took over, only for the fans favourite for the job Mark McGhee to completely fuck it up.

• Downvote 4

If Caldo got all that money to spend that people speak of, but never spoke of at the time, then how come he was not able to keep the team that finished 3rd together? The likes of Anderson, Hart, Nicholson & Clark moving on. Who were all big players.

Calderwoods gone and thats it. Doesn't bother me and I hope we can all be united over our next appointment. But it annoys me how much some of you bad talk him. The fact is he did a good job - especially compared to the closest managers before and after him. He left us in a better position than when he took over, only for the fans favourite for the job Mark McGhee to completely fuck it up.

because they got offered more money doon sooth

Anderson got the opportunity to give the EPL a go as well