China Airlines

Jambo83

Going to Thailand next month on our honeymoon. Flying from Edinburgh > Amsterdam with KLM which i'm not worried about as it's just a short flight.

Our return flights from Amsterdam > Bangkok are with China Airlines. Just wondering if anyone has flew with them and what they are like? I struggle with legroom on most flights now, i'm about 6'2 and end up with sare knees when they're shoved up against the seat infront for a while.

Also, can't work out the class either, didn't upgrade or anything so will be economy, but 3 out of the 4 flights are marked as "R" with the outbound flight to Bangkok being "S", what's the difference?? Google tells you nothing...

I've never flown with them, but it's been almost 11 years now since one of their planes broke up in the middle of the sky and killed everybody onboard, i'm sure you'll be fine though.

On a sidenote though, the A340 is possibly the most boring plane ever built. I find them offensive to my eyes.

1342815778.jpg

• Upvote 1

I've never flown with them, but it's been almost 11 years now since one of their planes broke up in the middle of the sky and killed everybody onboard, i'm sure you'll be fine though.

On a sidenote though, the A340 is possibly the most boring plane ever built. I find them offensive to my eyes.

1342815778.jpg

:o

the R and S are likely fare class codes. you're still in economy, but various legs of your flights may have different restrictions (costs of modifying, or different mileage rates earned for reward programs, etc.). you should probably check with your travel agent or call/email China Airlines directly to find out the specifics.

EDIT: as for flying with China Airlines, i believe my son flew with them last summer. i'll send him an email and find out what he thought.

the R and S are likely fare class codes. you're still in economy, but various legs of your flights may have different restrictions (costs of modifying, or different mileage rates earned for reward programs, etc.). you should probably check with your travel agent or call/email China Airlines directly to find out the specifics.

This is what I thought myself, so not worth worrying about. Cheers :thumbup1:

Going to Thailand next month on our honeymoon. Flying from Edinburgh > Amsterdam with KLM which i'm not worried about as it's just a short flight.

Our return flights from Amsterdam > Bangkok are with China Airlines. Just wondering if anyone has flew with them and what they are like? I struggle with legroom on most flights now, i'm about 6'2 and end up with sare knees when they're shoved up against the seat infront for a while.

Also, can't work out the class either, didn't upgrade or anything so will be economy, but 3 out of the 4 flights are marked as "R" with the outbound flight to Bangkok being "S", what's the difference?? Google tells you nothing...

Dunno much about China Airlines, but I've flown many long haul flights and as a general rule of thumb the south east Asian airlines are pretty good. As far as leg room is concerned I struggle too, as I'm 6'1".... if you can't book the emergency exit seats via the online check-in thing, then it's worth your while turning up early to check-in and politely asking for them. It makes a huge difference - believe me!

• Upvote 1

Dunno much about China Airlines, but I've flown many long haul flights and as a general rule of thumb the south east Asian airlines are pretty good. As far as leg room is concerned I struggle too, as I'm 6'1".... if you can't book the emergency exit seats via the online check-in thing, then it's worth your while turning up early to check-in and politely asking for them. It makes a huge difference - believe me!

That's what I do. It's the only thing that I am ever early for as I hate the normal seating room. Does my back and knees. I've noticed a lot of airlines don't let you book the emergency exits online now. I'm flying with emirates in a couple of months and they have a note saying that these seats will be allocated at the discretion of the check-in staff. I found this with quantas and BA as well.

Tie some fancy ribbons round your cases at check in, let them know you're off on honeymoon, pretend to be in love with each other for those few minutes and hope they upgrade you.

Failing that upgrade and stop being a cheap bastard. It's your honeymoon FFS.

Tie some fancy ribbons round your cases at check in, let them know you're off on honeymoon, pretend to be in love with each other for those few minutes and hope they upgrade you.

Failing that upgrade and stop being a cheap bastard. It's your honeymoon FFS.

Ha Ha!! Yeah we'll definitely have to do some "honeymoon" chat at the desk :thumbs:

A fortnight in Thailand was dear enough mate without upgrading! The two hotels i've booked are nice, but just went with the standard flights. They sometimes like younger folk to be on the emergency exit row rather than coffin dodgers so hopefully we'll get lucky. The wife to be is alright, she's a wee short arse..

Ha Ha!! Yeah we'll definitely have to do some "honeymoon" chat at the desk :thumbs:

A fortnight in Thailand was dear enough mate without upgrading! The two hotels i've booked are nice, but just went with the standard flights. They sometimes like younger folk to be on the emergency exit row rather than coffin dodgers so hopefully we'll get lucky. The wife to be is alright, she's a wee short arse..

Make sure you pound it on honeymoon.

That's what I do. It's the only thing that I am ever early for as I hate the normal seating room. Does my back and knees. I've noticed a lot of airlines don't let you book the emergency exits online now. I'm flying with emirates in a couple of months and they have a note saying that these seats will be allocated at the discretion of the check-in staff. I found this with quantas and BA as well.

Indeed - most leave them empty until the manual check-in desks open. I think it's due to safety regulations - they have to verbally explain your responsibilities, or some such shite.... It's really annoying, but it's well worth getting down there a couple of hours early to secure an exit seat. Just check-in and hit the airport bar for a few hours. Job done.

If you're tall, then there is nothing worse than sitting in economy seats for a long haul. It's like being strapped into a vice for 10 hours. Torture.

Indeed - most leave them empty until the manual check-in desks open. I think it's due to safety regulations - they have to verbally explain your responsibilities, or some such shite.... It's really annoying, but it's well worth getting down there a couple of hours early to secure an exit seat. Just check-in and hit the airport bar for a few hours. Job done.

If you're tall, then there is nothing worse than sitting in economy seats for a long haul. It's like being strapped into a vice for 10 hours. Torture.

It is absolute torture. My knees seize and my back starts to play up as well. Had to tolerate a few long haul in the normal seats in my time. horrible. That is what motivates me to get down early!

1342815778.jpg

The A340 is a bit of a relic from a design point of view. It was conceived before the "modern" era of twin-engined aircraft operating under ETOPS 180 rule (ExTended OPerationS 180). In the early eighties twin-engined aircraft were limited to ETOPS 120; that meant a twin-engine aircraft's flight path was restricted such that it always had to be within 120 minutes' flying time of an emergency airport. A four-engined aircraft has no restrictions on its range. Airbus went to the trouble and cost of designing the A340 and then in the late eighties, ETOPS restrictions were eased to 180 minutes' flying time from an emergency aiport; bringing most of the planet within their range.

The A340's already fallen out of favour; it was designed to meet conditions that no longer exist.

• Site Sponsor

They have started charging for the exit seats on a lot of Airlines.

That's my contribution.

Well also had a hot chink sleep with her head resting on my shoulder on a long hauler from, I think Hong Kong. My erection was large and my thoughts impure. I sniffed her hair under the cover of darkness.

Walked in on a old Indian wifie(who canna grasp the door lock) who had about six miles of fabric pulled up and was wiping her big old hairy pissflaps. Screamed at me like it was my fault the stinky old bute.

:laughing: Gadzzzzz

I've flown with China Airline from AMS to BKK twice and it all depends what plane you get.

The first time we flew with them it was an ancient 737 with no individual tvs- just the odd tv scattered about the cabin. The bird was about crying when she first boarded. This was April 2011. In all honesty it wasn't that bad. The service was excellent and so was the grub (all Chinese food). Most of the air hostesses were tidy too. The return flight was a newer plane with individual tvs on backs of seats. Think we slept most of the way.

I flew with them again on Xmas eve to BKK and it was a brand new plane (possibly a 777) with huge individual tvs with USB ports and all sorts. Flight was packed and I had a middle seat. Again the flight was pleasant.

The return flight at end of Jan wasn't a brand new plane but was fine. Food always good and they will serve as much booze as you want unlike many airlines these days.

Basically you'll be fine. It's the USA airlines that are shite- Delta, AA, etc.

• Upvote 1

That's my contribution.

Well also had a hot chink sleep with her head resting on my shoulder on a long hauler from, I think Hong Kong. My erection was large and my thoughts impure. I sniffed her hair under the cover of darkness.

Walked in on a old Indian wifie(who canna grasp the door lock) who had about six miles of fabric pulled up and was wiping her big old hairy pissflaps. Screamed at me like it was my fault the stinky old bute.

Did you knock and then ask "Ms. Gandhi... may I enter?"

No?

Chauvinist sexist pig.

It's a great move. :thumbup1:

Nae cunt actually pays to do it. :thumbup1:

They legally have to be filled. :sleeping:

So if you're young, tall and generally amazing, you often ask to get moved into them. :thumbup1:

When I went skiing in January, managed to get myself bumped into them on 3 of my 4 flights. :thumbup1:

Well also had a hot chink sleep with her head resting on my shoulder on a long hauler from, I think Hong Kong.

I walked in on some chink bird having a piss on a train a few months back.

She screamed, I was about greeting with laughter.

Came out of the toilet and her husband was giving me the evil eye. Probably. Fuck knows with that lot.

Did I mention that my wife-to-be is half chinese... :nono:

Hmm. There must be a conspiracy of asian woman on planes making life awkward for us poor western chaps.

I hate having someone beside me but this time it was a lithe asian woman and she ended up chatting with me. Very very tasty, and actually had a great conversation... enough that I forgot how hot she was.

Until she fell asleep and head fell on my shoulder and her hand fell onto my lap.

First thought:

FUCK! Better shift her in case she wakes and thinks I'm doing something.

Second thought:

Wait a minute... she's trying is on right? She's awake and .... hmm

Third thought:

Fuck it... I don't care. This is enjoyable. Sat with her hand around my fruit and two veg for quite a few hours. If she'd woken and seen the look of quiet contentment on my face... I think I'd have been fucked! No way to explain the hot asian woman hand raging hard on I had going :poster_oops:

Have to be honest though, as excruciating (and panic-inducing) as it was... that flight went very quickly.

(When she eventually woke her hand quickly shifted to my leg and pressed there as she got up, apologising for having slept on me... so I think she woke up with an equal "oh fuck" moment too heh)