Beggars - Do You Give Them Anything But The Steam Off Your Shit?

fatshaft

Depends what mood I'm in, some days I can feel their pain, when it's pishing it down or that, and I'll chuck them a pound or two.

I dinna really care if they spend it on drink and drugs, here's me walking past with everything I could ever need or want, and this fuck-up sitting shivering below a pish stained blanket in all weathers.

The least I can do is spare him a tiny bit of what I have, regardless of how he or I ended up taking the paths we took in life, it's basic human kindness.

Do you get many beggars in Wick Tup?

Do you get many beggars in Wick Tup?

No, none, there was a mannie who played a tin whistle, he wisna too bad at it, but that's been it.

I'm talking about in Aberdeen or anywhere else, I despair about folk who look down at beggars while they themselves have it all, it only takes a few things to go wrong for anyone to end up like that.

I like to think that's why I'm such a roaring success in life, because of my compassion for my fellow man and his struggles.

No, none, there was a mannie who played a tin whistle, he wisna too bad at it, but that's been it.

I'm talking about in Aberdeen or anywhere else, I despair about folk who look down at beggars while they themselves have it all, it only takes a few things to go wrong for anyone to end up like that.

I like to think that's why I'm such a roaring success in life, because of my compassion for my fellow man and his struggles.

You're an inspiration to us all Tup, you should write a book.

You're an inspiration to us all Tup, you should write a book.

I'm doing that too, right now.

I've already made that decision.

It's like I can read the minds of the population en masse, and give them what they want before they even realise they want it in the first place.

Don't usually give them anything but whilst pished one night I made a point of giving one old lad some money once as he was in a city that I really liked and I thought it would be some sort of Karma that if I was nice to him the city would be nice to me and it was.

Also I remember one lad in Aberdeen who used to work offshore with us that had fallen into a heap o shyte and I passed him a wee something to help him out although nae doot it ended up prolonging his situation.

One question though, have you ever looked at any female beggers and thought I could maybe sort her out ?? When I lived in London there was a young lass, right bonny in aw who I, again pished seriously thought about aahheeemm, helping her out financially. Never did though

Don't usually give them anything but whilst pished one night I made a point of giving one old lad some money once as he was in a city that I really liked and I thought it would be some sort of Karma that if I was nice to him the city would be nice to me and it was.

Also I remember one lad in Aberdeen who used to work offshore with us that had fallen into a heap o shyte and I passed him a wee something to help him out although nae doot it ended up prolonging his situation.

One question though, have you ever looked at any female beggers and thought I could maybe sort her out ?? When I lived in London there was a young lass, right bonny in aw who I, again pished seriously thought about aahheeemm, helping her out financially. Never did though

Aye. The guitar wifie is worth a smash.

It might be worth trying begging for a day or two in a built-up area, lay it on thick with the hard-luck tales, and see how much you end the day with.

I may do this in the summer, and publish my findings.

if i met you id give you a few quid to help you fly the nest.

It might be worth trying begging for a day or two in a built-up area, lay it on thick with the hard-luck tales, and see how much you end the day with.

I may do this in the summer, and publish my findings.

I've got a scabby dog you could borrow, always a help for the man on the street, brings the pet lovers to the out reached hand.

I've got a scabby dog you could borrow, always a help for the man on the street, brings the pet lovers to the out reached hand.

Excellent idea, you can starve it for a few days beforehand, and I'll reward it with a steak bake from Greggs for it's efforts after we count the money and head to the bar with it.

Excellent idea, you can starve it for a few days beforehand, and I'll reward it with a steak bake from Greggs for it's efforts after we count the money and head to the bar with it.

He prefers human food anyway, a steak bake would suit him fine.

He also has a penchant for used woman's knickers if greggs is shut.

They do say dogs get like their owners after a while. :dontknow:

Aye but one loud noise and your dog would be off especially around fireworks time. :gay:

:laughing:

He's a fearless killing machine min, granted he gets jumpy around explosions but that's just a legacy of his bomb sniffing days in Afghanistan when he was with the SAS, he stood and snarled in the face of Al Queda, he could just have easily hid in his wardrobe and never bothered. :sherlock:

:laughing:

He's a fearless killing machine min, granted he gets jumpy around explosions but that's just a legacy of his bomb sniffing days in Afghanistan when he was with the SAS, he stood and snarled in the face of Al Queda, he could just have easily hid in his wardrobe and never bothered. :sherlock:

It's OK. I'm scared of fireworks as well.

Few weeks ago got guilt tripped into giving a beggar a fag. He saw me smoking and asked if I had a spare fag, I told him no and he cleverly spotted a tab on the ground that someone had thrown away that was still lit with a few draws left of it and started smoking it so I said to him here, take these and handed him a few fags from my packet.

I never give to beggars cause I don't like the idea of them spending it on drink and drugs even though I know they'll end up getting money some other way. Do feel sorry for a lot of the genuine ones though cause some of them don't have that network of family and friends to help them out like most people do and some are born into an environment where they've got little chance of becoming someone that contributes to society. Also a turn of unexpected events in someone's life can leave them in a desperate situation that's very hard to get out of.

Few weeks ago got guilt tripped into giving a beggar a fag. He saw me smoking and asked if I had a spare fag, I told him no and he cleverly spotted a tab on the ground that someone had thrown away that was still lit with a few draws left of it and started smoking it so I said to him here, take these and handed him a few fags from my packet.

Last time I was in Edinburgh I twice saw people going through the ash trays on top of the bins on Princes Street, I felt really sorry for them that they had to stoop so low but didn't approach them or anything, I think I would the next time. I'm getting softer the older I get and can afford to throw them a few fags or a packet, as a smoker I sympathise with someone out of smokes and no money to buy.

• Upvote 1

Saw a 60 minutes documentary about some homeless chick they'd picked at random.

Apparently a qualified nurse who lived with her husband. One day the husband gets sick, turns out it's some serious illness. He can't work any more, medical care is ludicrously expensive, her insurance doesn't cover it, they get further in debt. she has to quit her job to care for the husband at home. Eventually the husband dies and leaves her with ridiculous bills. She loses everything, husband, house, car, job, the lot.

She was pretty much fucked through no fault of her own.

There are skivers and scroungers in all walks of life, but then again there are at least as many genuine cases.

Treating the homeless like shit because you've convinced yourself they're a bunch of gypos is kinda low.

Then again, treating other people like shit is pretty bad form anyway, whether they're homeless or not.

• Upvote 4

I mind he told me he used to play for Spurs. lol.gif

I used to always give to folk. Especially on Belmont pished "oh here you go min have some chips, cup of tea, coke" all that like some kinda managed Mrs Doyle, outside at night. However when I thought about it's really just faux altruistic masturbation so do it less and less. Only time I do now is if I end up in eye contact and walk past without getting any sarcastic "THANKS" or other shite. Then I'll sometimes go back and give them something.