Clark Robertson

surely clark robertson will be amongst the 1st players to go when a new gaffer comes in he is a liability of the highest order

What a heap of shite. Guy will turn into a quality player.

Biggest worry is his father is a steaming pile of Sevconian, I worry therefore young Robertson is of a similar ilk.

surely clark robertson will be amongst the 1st players to go when a new gaffer comes in he is a liability of the highest order

I'll agree that he hasn't looked great a lot of the time, but give the boy a chance.

What is he? 18?

Far too early to write off a young player.

There are greater problems than him....Langfield, Hughes, a strike partner for McGinn (if he stays), a replacement for Fraser etc

• Upvote 1

eh? :dontknow:

Have you nae supported Aberdeen for long min?

Ian Roberston was a poor left back from yesteryear, David Robertson was a decent left back from yesteryear. I was implying that Clark Robertson wasn't very good.

Have you got an answer to yet on what George 'ghost of Chris Anderson' Yule has achieved in his time at the dons to date?

Good call. He's awfa hot and cold though, I used to stick up for him but anytime I've saw him this season I have thought he looked very poor.

I don't disagree with you.

Last good game saw him play was as a left sided centre half in a back 3 in the cup replay at Fir Park.

But at 18, it's too soon to write him off.....if he's not improved by the end of next season , then maybe we can say he's not up to it, as by then, he'll have played about 60 games maybe?

whats he good at, seriously

what are his better attributes, apart from his eyebrows

He's 18 - he has the potential to improve.

He may not, we'll see.

At least with him there is potential.....bigger issues such as having an unreliable keeper are more pressing.....sadly due to the mismanagement of the current manager, the new manager will be stuck with Langfield.

I don't disagree with you.

Last good game saw him play was as a left sided centre half in a back 3 in the cup replay at Fir Park.

But at 18, it's too soon to write him off.....if he's not improved by the end of next season , then maybe we can say he's not up to it, as by then, he'll have played about 60 games maybe?

Robertson actually turns twenty in September this year and has already made fifty first team appearances.

• Upvote 1

Nowhere near good enough!!!

Compared to shaunessy he is miles behind.

Head doesnt seem to be in the game,

If he put as much effort into his fitba as he does posting shite and pics on twitter about him and his bird he would be roberto carlos.

he looks and plays like a total fanny, can see him at cove in three years time.

• Upvote 4

What a pile of shite.

He's a very good defender who lacks a bit of composure, I think his long term position will be centre-half, and naturally he looks a little uncomfortable at times when he plays full back.

The same thing happened with Anderson when he came through.

Clark Robertson will mature into a fine defender, I mean Cove Rangers ffs, get a grip.

He is 18 ffs, I'd be amazed if anyone came into the side at that age and looked composed in every game. He will only improve as he gets older, and he's doing adequately right now.

There is zero perspective applied to the opinions above where he's being written off and I'd disregard these opinions as nonsense designed to provoke a reaction for no other reason than sheer boredom.

He's a very good defender who lacks a bit of composure, I think his long term position will be centre-half, and naturally he looks a little uncomfortable at times when he plays full back.

Because he is too tall.

seriously, can no-one pinpoint any particular attributes?

His positional sense is quite good and he's not too bad in the air.

His main problem is his distribution which, at his age, can be worked on.

seriously, can no-one pinpoint any particular attributes?

He cant pass......im mean really struggles with simple basic passing.

He cant read the game and his tackling is poofy to say the least.

If its a fight between him and Shaunessy theres only going to be one winner.

What a pile of shite.

The same thing happened with Anderson when he came through.

Clark Robertson will mature into a fine defender, I mean Cove Rangers ffs, get a grip.

he cant tackle, pass, position himself correctly. Not a defender in a million years.

Centre back...? he is a total fanny, would get anihilated at centre back.

He cant pass......im mean really struggles with simple basic passing.

He cant read the game and his tackling is poofy to say the least.

If its a fight between him and Shaunessy theres only going to be one winner.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, it's not a fight between him and Shaughnessy at all.

As both are different players and will be judged on their own merits.

He can indeed read the game, he had a very good game at Tannadice at full back, his passing is not the best for a full back but that's because he's not really a full back.

He's put a fair bit of weight on recently, once he matures he will play central defence of that I'm certain, and he will go on to be a fine defender, of that I'm equally certain.

I don't think you are being serious with this pish.

another baiting trip

sad how you have the time to do that

The last thing the young lads at Aberdeen need is weegie cretins like yourself who ken fuck all about football giving them unwarranted stick.

Just stick to the threads talking about Jimmy Calderwood.

• Upvote 1