Twopintzero - New Techno Night Kicking Off In Snafu 19/07/13

New night starting in snafu in July kicking off with Nicole Moudaber

966724_123133017889039_779206720_o.jpg

A true force to be reckoned with as a DJ and producer, Nicole Moudaber’s rise through the ranks of the DJ elite has been swift, purposeful and striking.

Propelled by her flawlessly executed, sleazy, edgy house and tough, soulful techno sounds, she now sits at the very forefront of today’s scene. Her technical ability has turned heads from Rio to Montreal. Working the mix from the off, locked into her distinctive groove, Nicole on stage is a sight to behold.

Hitting New York after a youth spent in Africa and the Middle East, Nicole initially explored her passion for electronic music as a promoter, bringing the NYC style parties she loved to Beirut for the first time, then booking huge acts for her Soundworx nights at London’s legendary Turnmills club and running Southeast Recordings.
But it was the decision to dive in and start to DJ and make music herself that was prove the most important. Once she unleashed her creativity, everything simply went ‘boom’.

Carl Cox identified her as exactly the kind of fresh talent he wanted to have playing at his weekly nights at Space in Ibiza, where Nicole has now DJed regularly alongside him for three seasons. Her remix of Carl Cox's Chemistry spent weeks at teh top of several download charts which only served to cement her place at the top table.

Requests for guest mixes quickly followed on both Carl’s and John Digweed’s internationally syndicated radio shows, as did a prestigious mix for Adam Beyer’s show where she was chosen to celebrate the epic ‘15 Years of Drumcode’ release (which features a classic slice of Moudaber techno on its high caliber tracklist).

Pete Tong named Nicole a rising star on BBC Radio 1’s Essential Selection, while her music regularly picks up the support of DJ royalty like Richie Hawtin, Loco Dice and Danny Tenaglia, who was so impressed when he DJed with Nicole that the two of them have been working in the studio and threw the most talked about party of the summer together at Ibiza’s exciting outdoor venue Ushuaia.

With further residencies in Ibiza, dates worldwide from Brazil’s Rock In Rio festival to headlining at Montreal’s famous Stereo and two residencies in New York City in 2012 and 2013 at Cielo and Pacha NYC, Nicole’s reputation for groovy main room mastery has taken hold everywhere.

Nicole's DJ diary this year has already included Pacha (NYC), The Miami Winter Music Conference (Drumcode Showcase), Pressure (Glasgow), Space (Ibiza) and Awakenings (The Netherlands). On the 19th July she will be dropping into SNAFU on her way to Fabric (London).

You can listen to several of her mixes including this one from Awakenings and all her new releases on soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/nicolemoudaber/nicole-moudaber-awakenings

Spread the word, this is not one to be missed!

Tickets available from

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?481713

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Almost a sell out, she rocked the place. Total sweatbox

Suffering for it today!

Can imagine, I was at a bbq that got stopped early by the police as the dj out in the backy was making too much noise, thought about heading over but had work at 6:30am and that wouldn't have happened, glad it went well though.

Next one is in just over two weeks time

969543_470376786387558_2036413574_n.jpg

RITZI LEE

Underground Liberation

One of the Dutch Techno Masters is dropping into town for the first time with his 909 in hand to bring you one of his infamous 4 decks, EFX and a 909 sets.

Born and raised in Amsterdam Ritzi grew up surrounded by some of the most influential producers, DJ's, events & festivals Europe had, and still has to offer. His weekends while at university were spent being entertained by DJ's the calibre of Jeff Mills, Steve Rachmad, Dave Clarke, Dimitri, Luke Slater & The Advent to name but a few. These days however it's Ritzi's records that are found at Awakenings when these DJ's play while Ritzi is now found on the same line up.

2003 saw the birth of his record label, Underground Liberation, releasing the first EP Bitter Sweet in 2004. Between then and now his label has went from strength to strength and Ritzi has also remixed tracks for several other influential producers on their own labels including Orlando Voorn, Jamie Bissmire, Ben Sims, The Advent, Robert HOOD, Kevin Saunderson and Planetary Assault Systems aka Luke Slater.

Ritzi's style of DJing takes in many flavours, all enhanced by his own live production on a Roland 909. Dropping funky techno bombs between the deep and the dark, all sewn together flawlessly by his use of effects and his trusty 909.

Another first for Aberdeen, one of many more to come!

Spammer - whats the average age of your crowd at Snafu ?

I always feel a bit old at these things nowadays but I do like a bit of fkn loud techno and I see you have Adam Beyer lined up.

Any chance of Mr Clark appearing ? Also liking Harvey McKay just now as well

And before you ask Snafu to me was where you went doonstairs to hae a pish in the Athenaeum as the bogs in Freelands always stuck o shite

Spammer - whats the average age of your crowd at Snafu ?

I always feel a bit old at these things nowadays but I do like a bit of fkn loud techno and I see you have Adam Beyer lined up.

Any chance of Mr Clark appearing ? Also liking Harvey McKay just now as well

And before you ask Snafu to me was where you went doonstairs to hae a pish in the Athenaeum as the bogs in Freelands always stuck o shite

Clarke is playing very snafu soon :) Beyer is next year...

Depends what night you go on. Some on the Saturdays are averaging about 20 years old I'd say.

There was a bit of a mix at the first one, still a pretty young crowd in general, 20-25 mostly I'd say but because I used to run a night years ago and I've stayed in touch with quite a lot of the people that went to them there was a few of the older heads there. I'm not saying thats going to be the case all the time, you know what like a lot of them have kids etc and just cant batter it monthly anymore. A few have said they are coming to this as well, we'll see.

I watched an episode of Nathan barley last night, the one where barleyuk fires into the dj dajve bikinus. totally gets 15peter20 outta there.

one of the greatest tv shows EVER.

I think it's one of the most accurate observational comedies ever made. A work of genius and massively underrated. Sadly, for it to work, you pretty much had to have met and conversed with people like Nathan Barley and the idiots - so the comedy was pretty much lost on the masses.

I have had the misfortune of spending time in the company of many 'idiots' and the first time I saw Nathan Barley I don't think I even laughed - I was just gobsmacked that someone else could see what I had seen.

As someone on here has just given me a free ticket for the tic game I feel its only right to return the favour, sorta

Anyone wanting to come tomorrow that doesnt have a ticket can PM me their name and the amount of people coming with them and I'll stick you and your group on the door.

Cant say fairer than that!

• 2 weeks later...