"weirdo Independence Activist" Peter Dow

Clydeside_Sheep

So, surprised Mr Dow - "Scotland national Standard bearer" - hasnt featured more prominently in the Independence debate, I thought he'd be the SNPs secret weapon.

Here is his website:

http://scot.tk/

He has several sites, which are a goldmine of information, including how to cut through handcuffs etc. (Mr Dow has been invovled with the law on occasion). There are also several things which must come very close to an incitement to violence, as well as various rants and downright creepy articles.

Here is one of his appearances in the more mainstream media, posing in his underpants, as he sets out the features of his dream woman:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/meet-the-lonely-heart-from-hell-1079428

His "lonely heart" page on his own website is amongst the best he has to offer. Especially his detailed tables about acceptable waist and hip sizes, as well as his discourse on the size of womens breasts. (fear not women, he says he "likes them all", be they small, medium or large).

He has also been on the telly, protesting when the Queen came to Edinburgh once.

Questions:

1) Anyone know the latest on Mr Dow? I am surprised he has not featured more prominently in the Independence debate so far.

2) Does his passionate embrace of Scottish Independence influence your own views, one way or the other?

3) Why do you think Scottish Independence attracts characters like Mr Dow?

I reckon CS has had a set-to with the legend that is Peter Dow somewhere down the line, maybe he feels threatened by the Dowser's obvious virility and that's clearly what's tainting his views on the supporters of independence, that us hairy-arsed fertile bravehearts will sow our wild caledonian oats and breed our way to freedom.

I reckon CS has had a set-to with the legend that is Peter Dow somewhere down the line, maybe he feels threatened by the Dowser's obvious virility and that's clearly what's tainting his views on the supporters of independence, that us hairy-arsed fertile bravehearts will sow our wild caledonian oats and breed our way to freedom.

the thought of Dow breeding is worrisome.

What about the thought of Dow as a feeder?

Feeding up his conquests with Farmfoods' economy burgers and onion rings paid for with his ill-gotten government benefits. Scourge on society that he is. How dare he have views.

he, like anyone, can hold whatever views he wants. whether on benefits or no.

i find him objectionable for a variety of reasons. i'm entitled to my view too.

do you actually have a point?

Oh come on, wheres yer sense of humour?

The point was:

1) Discussion of the 3 interesting questions I posed (especially why Dow is attracted to Independence)

2) More broadly, to wonder where the views of Peter Dow are something the Scottish population should advocate?

(On the independence debate or any other matter).

I mean, Peter Dow in Holyrood, is that what we really want for our fine nation?

Independence has long been a harmless play thing that keeps Peter occuped and largely away from "real people". Who is to say what sinister new obsession may overtake him, should he actually achieve his independence goal?

he, like anyone, can hold whatever views he wants. whether on benefits or no.

i find him objectionable for a variety of reasons. i'm entitled to my view too.

The guy is obviously mentally ill.

Around ten years ago I was privy to some confidential information about him. The exact detail escapes me for now but I could call it back up again. We shouldn't be too hard on the boy. He hasn't got much in life and he hasn't been helped along the way either. He stands up for what he believes in and that's what keeps him going. He's a character and a weel-kent face.

Speaking of weel-kent faces, are Camoranesi, the Highlander and the Gilcomston Tramp still on the go?

Oh come on, wheres yer sense of humour?

The point was:

1) Discussion of the 3 interesting questions I posed (especially why Dow is attracted to Independence)

2) More broadly, to wonder where the views of Peter Dow are something the Scottish population should advocate?

(On the independence debate or any other matter).

I mean, Peter Dow in Holyrood, is that what we really want for our fine nation?

Independence has long been a harmless play thing that keeps Peter occuped and largely away from "real people". Who is to say what sinister new obsession may overtake him, should he actually achieve his independence goal?

1) even the most alcoholic of alcoholics have moments of clarity

2) Peter Dow in Hollyrood? Is he standing with Howling Laud in the next election? Saying that he couldnt do half as much harm to the country as successive Conservative and Labour PM's have managed in Westminster.