Partick Thistle V Aberdeen (0 - 1)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Langfield's kicking was terrible. There were 3 or 4, including one from hand in injury time, that skewed off and could've landed us in a worse position than they did.

Reynolds didn't have a great first half and got progressively worse in the 2nd. The last 10 minutes he put the ball out of play when attempting to pass 4/5 times.

Zola I feel a bit sorry for. When he does try and do what he's good at...being strong, holding up the ball...defenders are bouncing off him and winning free kicks. Josh gave the defenders something different to do.

Jack and Robson were brilliant first half, they lost control of the midfield for about 20 minutes in the 2nd but were looking better towards the end.

Hector's distribution pisses me off. He is a great defender, and was winning the ball 90% of the time only to take a couple of steps and hoof it forward to no one.

Anyway, should've buried them in the first half, but they never really threatened. And if I was a Partick fan I would be seriously annoyed at Kallum Higginbotham trying to turn every game into 'The Kallum Higginbotham Show'...I don't think I've seen someone try so many ridiculous shots in a game between the 3 games this season.

Guest milne_afc

Oh and the guy who got chucked out at half time (with kid and mate in tow) has one person to blame for being chucked out...and that wasn't the guy who politely asked him to sit down after a steward had already done so. Dozy prick set a great example for his kid there.

Chucked out for standing up at half time? That sounds a bit unfair.

don't know we had the tactics right for this game at all

Got an early goal and not really doing well in the middle of the park With us playing a high line and PT playing quite deep there was little room for any of our players to get any pace into the game so it was quite pedestrian at times. McInnes asked for us to keep it a bit and we had a strange vision of us with the ball playing closer to our penalty box and without it playing closer to the half way line. designed to try and draw in the PT forwards and midfielders to try and creat space.

Second half instead of sitting back PT forwards foraged forwards against our back line and created space for themselves as we shelled it forward for them to collect - don't think we had a particulary good midfield to front today - wylde and mcginn bot not bringing their best and relying on Pawlett who once injured became less useful

End of the day we won but a B- (maybe even C+) performance to go with it

Perfect draw for afc, anyone at home apart from the tie of the round Utd vs the remaining cheek. A bit wary of der Hun, not for their football but the circus that would ensue. Bit concerned no-one else is going to provide the royal pumping they need right enough.

5000 dandies at Ibrox, or the Huns at Pittodrie has chaos, utter chaos written all over it.

Straightforward win I thought, and would have been out of sight if it wasn't for Wylde/McGinn not even working the goalkeeper with good chances. Partick didn't really threaten all that much, and their game plan was definitely different this time, more concentrating on stopping Aberdeen play over playing thereselves.

Most important thing, we're in the draw for the next round!

• Site Sponsor

Oh and the guy who got chucked out at half time (with kid and mate in tow) has one person to blame for being chucked out...and that wasn't the guy who politely asked him to sit down after a steward had already done so. Dozy prick set a great example for his kid there.

Correct. He was two rows in front of us. Missus thought he was a total cock and she doesn't judge folk. 100% his own fault. A fine example the two of them set for their sons. Judging by top one of them had on they are from Broxburn. Whatever that means. Felt sorry for the bairns with them

Chucked out for standing up at half time? That sounds a bit unfair.

No they finally got chucked out at halftime. They were standing for most of the first half, and a steward had already been over and asked him to sit down. Then another steward got them to move up to the back and during this he started jawing with a guy sitting right behind him. But when they were up there I could hear them shouting at folk to sit down, more stewards appeared then the police.

Guest milne_afc

No they finally got chucked out at halftime. They were standing for most of the first half, and a steward had already been over and asked him to sit down. Then another steward got them to move up to the back and during this he started jawing with a guy sitting right behind him. But when they were up there I could hear them shouting at folk to sit down, more stewards appeared then the police.

Pretty shit that they couldn't put him in some of the empty seats at the side of the stand.

There'll be loads of this kinda thing at the LC semi.

This win is just papering over the cracks, we are a tremendously average team.

Our goalkeeper is one of the worst in the league and not to mention a notorious bottlejob, thank god for our solid defence.

Our defence are solid but mainly because it consists of 4 centre backs who offer very little going forward.

Our 2 CMs and attacking Midfielders are very strong and can't complain about them.

Our strikers are god awful, never thought I'd say that magennis is probably the most useful spearheading the attack. Boyd, ciftci, May, Mackay and Thompson are miles better.

We have a long way to go before we finish 2nd in the league.

This win is just papering over the cracks, we are a tremendously average team.

Our goalkeeper is one of the worst in the league and not to mention a notorious bottlejob, thank god for our solid defence.

Our defence are solid but mainly because it consists of 4 centre backs who offer very little going forward.

Our 2 CMs and attacking Midfielders are very strong and can't complain about them.

Our strikers are god awful, never thought I'd say that magennis is probably the most useful spearheading the attack. Boyd, ciftci, May, Mackay and Thompson are miles better.

We have a long way to go before we finish 2nd in the league.

Jesus wept.... would hate to see your rant if we'd lost.

Some of you would think we were Barca, the level of contempt shown to our own players and club.

We were all over them 1st half and should have been 2 or 3-nil to the good. We didn't play great in the 2nd half, but wasn't as if we were being ripped apart.

A steady win in the cup. What the hell is there to complain about? We're in the pot for the draw tomorrow. If we win the LC, will you all be harking back to Alloa and saying how shite that game was?

Jesus wept.... would hate to see your rant if we'd lost.

Some of you would think we were Barca, the level of contempt shown to our own players and club.

We were all over them 1st half and should have been 2 or 3-nil to the good. We didn't play great in the 2nd half, but wasn't as if we were being ripped apart.

A steady win in the cup. What the hell is there to complain about? We're in the pot for the draw tomorrow. If we win the LC, will you all be harking back to Alloa and saying how shite that game was?

Key words being 'should have'

How many times have we said that this season?, we won't keep getting away with it like today.

I'm quite pleased with how this season is going, a huge improvement compared to previous years. Just so frustrating seeing us really close to being a decent team.

I am not getting carried away, like others. (We have too many weaknesses, one glaring one that's been hanging around for almost 10 years?)

OMG Dons fans moaning cause I boy & his loon want to hae a bounce, it's a fitba match nae I fucking cinema. If folk want to sit go to the front. Same old story that's why the atmosphere was shite, if you stand & hae a bounce or stand it's the end o the world i'd rather get behind the team than moan aboot someone singing, standing, bouncing etc.

It wasnt much of a game, but happy with a win. Our "restricted view" seats turned out pretty good :)

I had the impression Partick were sh*tting themselves, expecting to be beasted (again).

But we didnt have much guile in attack, maybe we were expecting to win simply by turning up, though Magennis livened things up a bit, when he came on.

Good to see McInnes out screaming on the touchline, he obviously cares a lot.

Defence was good, though Langfield couldnt kick his own arse, let alone a pass back.

General comments:

- what a f*cking fire trap that ancient rickety main stand is, eh? It hadnt improved one iota since I was last in it, ages ago. A disgrace.

- how shite is the catering at firhill? It took us about 20 minutes to buy an effing pie at tjhe tiny catering outlet (serves a massive 2 people at a time); there was general outrage when the que discovered Partick had only cooked 500 pies in advance and were now desperately trying to cook more. Some boy said "500 pies? This isnae raith rovers ye are playing!". Also their bovrill game me acid indigestion. C*nts.

- what a sh*tey home support, and no joke. We went drinking with 3 partick fans afterward. I dont know what the other 50% of their home support did.

First & foremost just delighted to be in the next round. That's all that mattered.

Didn't see game, as at work but I only expected a win by one goal because Partick were always going to be a tougher team in the cup.

Also delighted for Considine getting the winner (love it when he scores) & from the sounds of it he had a great game all together.

Also good to hear Robson is finally justifying his signing.