Bitcoins

NorthernLights24

The trite answer to that is: yes, provided you find a shop which sells those things and accepts bitcoin!

There are plenty cafes in trendy parts of London (Old Street/Hoxton/Shoreditch etc) where you can buy a coffee for bitcoin. As the network expands and it gains mainstream recognition, more and more places will start to accept them.

I doubt that. The banks are in the process of crushing it.

The only worthwhile thing you can buy with bitcoin is drugs.

I probably know a lot more about it than you do but I dinna boast.

Try buying a BMW from a car dealership with bitcoin. No chance.

The banks have now linked crypto currency to money laundering so the end is nigh.

Not true tup, you can get a visa debit card that allows you to pay in bitcoin which in turn converts it.

It's amazing that you can mine something which does not exist and has no physical form.

The biggest cliche in society just now is folk saying they just missed out on the revolution or lost a computer with ten million quids worth on it despite searching the dump - all complete bollocks of course.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Poor minijc will be tearing his hair out.

Why? I don't see any advert plus I'm not that arsed about bitcoin, I'm currently looking at the Alts and planning which ones to get involved in, gathering as much info as possible before putting my cash in to it.

The whole world missed out on the bitcoin, it's a scam of epic proportion.

Not true in the slightest but you're like a little kid with his fingers in his ears not willing to listen.

I don't think there is anyone except drug dealers making a killing on it and as I said they will struggle to bring it into the banking system so it's effectively useless other than for buying drugs and maybe the odd meal in weird hipster establishments.

All you will have is a paper gain for more dark web transactions. You sound naive in the extreme.

I have grasped it. If you sell drugs on a dark web marketplace and make a heap of bitcoin, what can you do with that profit?

Not much in the real world. You can make returns on it stock market style but it's probably been invented by the CIA to trap the gullible and unwary.

Unless you're buying drugs it's pointless to buy bitcoin.