The 21 Days That Will Likely Determine 2Nd

Yes flood hit the ball of him - but jack and Hayes were our two players staying back. Jack got drawn in leaving Hayes on his own. After going for a wander and being out of position when the ball came off him Hayes was left 2 on 1

So if jack hadn't gone for a wander and flood hadn't hit the ball off him we may well not have lost a goal

nit. him and shaugnessy were taking turns. didn't think jack had a good game at all today but he canna be held culpable for having a ball blasted off his face from 2 feet.

THis doesnt show enough before hand but Shaunessy was taking the throw in....jack went forward hayes was left alone (was screaming for him to stay back) - as I said in the main match thread a day of bad decisions and this was a bad decision by Jack to go forward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HANHV6BvZGU&list=TLEcCj90YZknfD8fb9c0bmz1y47nW55HnV

THis doesnt show enough before hand but Shaunessy was taking the throw in....jack went forward hayes was left alone (was screaming for him to stay back) - as I said in the main match thread a day of bad decisions and this was a bad decision by Jack to go forward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HANHV6BvZGU&list=TLEcCj90YZknfD8fb9c0bmz1y47nW55HnV

What was Hayes doing. Should have went to ball.

come of it - if hayes went to the defender the square ball would have been earlier that and he was an attaker being asked to defend watch his run he is zigzagging back as he tries to cover both options

his onlty real option if option is the word was a foul and that was almost impossible as the ball would have gone before he had the chance to foul

come of it - if hayes went to the defender the square ball would have been earlier that and he was an attaker being asked to defend watch his run he is zigzagging back as he tries to cover both options

his onlty real option if option is the word was a foul and that was almost impossible as the ball would have gone before he had the chance to foul

Nah, attack the ball at all costs. Attacker more likely to make a mistake.

Dundee Utd on 3 pts with -2 gd

Aberdeen 3 pts with 0 gd

Motherwell 6 pts with +4 gd

ICT 1 pts with -1 gd

ICT doing slightly worse than I'd have predicted as I thought they'd beat Partick but Hughes is Hughes eh.

Well doing better than I thought & with Partick away & St Johnstone home to come, could easily get 4 - 6 points more unfortunately.

Dundee Utd 3 pts -5 gd ha ha ha

Aberdeen 6 pts +1 gd

Motherfknwell 9 pts +8 gd (what the fkn fuck?) hope they stumble soon

ICT 1 pts -2 gd (Hughes lol)

Great result today for us (3 points was ALL that mattered) & I'll happily accept a draw on the 1st now but obviously a win would be awesome.

Just hope Motherwell start dropping points. They've been both great & fkn lucky over past few games.

ICT (as I thought they'd go)

Like I say, I'd probably be pretty happy with a draw at Utd.

They are still going to be a very very hard team to beat. They played most of todays game with 10 men & had made 8 (mostly "forced") changes to their line up.

I think wee Jackie is seeing our game as the more important & thus rested his wee stars (carrying knocks) & had a couple of them on the bench.

He probably thought/hoped that they'd still have enough to take points from St Johnstone but it's backfired on him so far. Let's hope it just gets worse for him on New Years Day :crossfingers:

Like I say, I'd probably be pretty happy with a draw at Utd.

They are still going to be a very very hard team to beat. They played most of todays game with 10 men & had made 8 (mostly "forced") changes to their line up.

I think wee Jackie is seeing our game as the more important & thus rested his wee stars (carrying knocks) & had a couple of them on the bench.

He probably thought/hoped that they'd still have enough to take points from St Johnstone but it's backfired on him so far. Let's hope it just gets worse for him on New Years Day :crossfingers:

Momentum should carry the players through games like this, Thinking Jakey and the PJM's are bottling it at the thought of facing us.

Motherwell are out of both cups so wouldn't swap positions with them. Going along nicely - whatever the result at Tannadice it is no big deal in the long run

I see what your saying but a win tomorrow will give everyone a huge boost in confidence. We need to start being able to cope with the pressure and win the big games.

I see what your saying but a win tomorrow will give everyone a huge boost in confidence. We need to start being able to cope with the pressure and win the big games.

Motherwell cup game was big. as was last Utd game & the ICT games.

Our biggest problem this season has been the diddy sides like Hearts, County & Well

Motherwell have been in the hunt for 2nd for a number of years - they know how important this time of year is to any challenge and have got themselves in the right place as a team to exploit it - look then at Dundee United who changed out almost an entire team (though I see there are words they had an unauthorised night out and that's why)

Dundee united started this spell in clear 2nd and are now close to hanging on to coat tails, Well have pulled themselves up from 5th to a position that is a couple of points clear. Their experience showing

The Dons will cement 2nd place and give a tilt at the league if they strengthen in the window. 2 defenders, a 'keeper and a journeyman striker (worth 12-15 goals between now and the end of May) and we'll have the minkers shiting it. Let's put that popcorn teethed cunt under some pressure, see him lose it.

since the beginning of the season my view has been that other may have better players in certain positions but I believe we have the greater depth of squad. As we move towards the split then that will show - we are going to need a cushion before the split though as if all teams are at strength it could be fairly close and points will be lost at that time.

The Dons will cement 2nd place and give a tilt at the league if they strengthen in the window. 2 defenders, a 'keeper and a journeyman striker (worth 12-15 goals between now and the end of May) and we'll have the minkers shiting it. Let's put that popcorn teethed cunt under some pressure, see him lose it.

We already have plenty of journeymen strikers.

And how many of those strikers are really going to be available in January???????

if we get anyone it will be a defender - If Hector becomes available I would guess that would be it, otherwise it will be a loan signing that allows a club in England to meet their maximum squad size of 25 after they take on a signing.

We’re nae catching the Tims, but we should certainly keep believing we can. You just can’t see many teams taking enough points off them to see them slip back much, although it’s usually about now they start to get complacent and get humbled by a ‘wee’ team.

We just need to keep the momentum going and see where it takes us. 4-6 points from our next two will see us in good shape going into the final round of games pre-split. Rugby Park has always been a tough venue for us, keep Boyd quiet though and we should take something.