The 21 Days That Will Likely Determine 2Nd

really? ICT have dropped out based on the last four games (as many predicted) as have Dundee united

Us and Motherwell have had good runs in the 4 out of 5 games so far and as said over 10 points will keep you in the running

Motherwell Win on the fifth (the last games in the 21 day period)and we lose and Well are 5 pts clear so that puts them in the driving seat I would say.

A marathon is not run at the same pace all the time - people jocky for position through the race, picking up the pace at key points to position themselves better. This is a key part of the race despite argueably the hardest set of fixtures we have come through it well, ICT and Dundee united have not coped with the breakaway this weekend is important we must match or better Motherwells results and so keep the momentum going into January and them february

So 4 out of 5 games in - at the 13 mile mark - a break away has started Dundee united and ICT cannot match the pace and leaving us and Well to move away from the rest and position ourselves for the second 13 miles. we just need to make sure we don't "trip" this weekend and let Well move forward. Its much easier in a Marathon to lead the way and dictate the pace rather than try and catch up we need to be on the shoulder of well come 5pm on the 5th

A marathon is not run at the same pace all the time - people jocky for position through the race, picking up the pace at key points to position themselves better. This is a key part of the race despite argueably the hardest set of fixtures we have come through it well, ICT and Dundee united have not coped with the breakaway this weekend is important we must match or better Motherwells results and so keep the momentum going into January and them february

So 4 out of 5 games in - at the 13 mile mark - a break away has started Dundee united and ICT cannot match the pace and leaving us and Well to move away from the rest and position ourselves for the second 13 miles. we just need to make sure we don't "trip" this weekend and let Well move forward. Its much easier in a Marathon to lead the way and dictate the pace rather than try and catch up we need to be on the shoulder of well come 5pm on the 5th

You speak some pishe. :laughing:

What pish

Tup reigns supreme

Good festive season overall, but if only we had beaten Motherwell, we'd be 2nd instead of them... having said that, the 2 unjust losses to Hearts are what have thus far cost us the most.

If we win the League Cup, I'd take 3rd in a heartbeat, but 2nd is achievable either way.

Add in the fact we should have beaten Celtic at Parkhead and we'd be top. Almost.

The losses to Celtic are what's hurt us most this season.

• 1 month later...

Important for the Dons to grab the three points on Saturday to keep the cushion intact - a lot of League football to be played in the following weeks with the teams around us playing their games in hand

League

Aberdeen Played 27 Points 51

Motherwell Played 26 Points 47

Inverness Played 25 Points 44

United Played 26 Points 41

1st March weekend

Hibs v United

Dons v St Johnstone

Celtic v Inverness

Motherwell v Hearts

8th March weekend

Hibs v Motherwell

12th March midweek

United v St Johnstone

Inverness v Hibs

15th March weekend

United v St Mirren

19th March midweek

Motherwell v Inverness

In the last game against Well I thought we were a far better side, United are nowhere near the team some bummed them up to be, even with the reincarnation of Lionel Messi in their ranks.

Inverness have Yogi Hughes as a manager whio, much as he appears to be a goofy, brainless, permanently baffled goon actually appears to have a decent win ration as manager (Hartlepool aside), I think I might shoot myself if Hughes manages second, though.

Hibs are way too far off the pace to be of any concern in the race for second,

We. on the other hand, played the soon to be Champions off the park in three of the last four 45 minutes of football we've had against them, knocking them out of the cup and pishing on their vaunted records.

The Thistle blip aside we appear to have hit our stride.

If I were an impartial observer I know who I'd be laying my money on for runners up this season... and for the two cups.

Important for the Dons to grab the three points on Saturday to keep the cushion intact - a lot of League football to be played in the following weeks with the teams around us playing their games in hand

League

Aberdeen Played 27 Points 51

Motherwell Played 26 Points 47

Inverness Played 25 Points 44

United Played 26 Points 41

1st March weekend

Hibs v United

Dons v St Johnstone

Celtic v Inverness

Motherwell v Hearts

8th March weekend

Hibs v Motherwell

12th March midweek

United v St Johnstone

Inverness v Hibs

15th March weekend

United v St Mirren

19th March midweek

Motherwell v Inverness

If we get three points this weekend I don't think anyone will catch us in the next few weeks. Reckon Motherwell and Inverness will only take 4 points and united maybe 6. By that time we'll have the game in hand.

In the last game against Well I thought we were a far better side, United are nowhere near the team some bummed them up to be, even with the reincarnation of Lionel Messi in their ranks.

Inverness have Yogi Hughes as a manager whio, much as he appears to be a goofy, brainless, permanently baffled goon actually appears to have a decent win ration as manager (Hartlepool aside), I think I might shoot myself if Hughes manages second, though.

Hibs are way too far off the pace to be of any concern in the race for second,

We. on the other hand, played the soon to be Champions off the park in three of the last four 45 minutes of football we've had against them, knocking them out of the cup and pishing on their vaunted records.

The Thistle blip aside we appear to have hit our stride.

If I were an impartial observer I know who I'd be laying my money on for runners up this season... and for the two cups.

I did at the start of the season to the tune of £750 at odds of 4/1. If we finish second im £3750 richer. I'd swap that for a cup double in a fucking second though!

maths not a strong point ;)

you get down to fu over the weekend? looked nuts last night, too nuts for this old goat like.

Including stake smart arse! :swear:

Ayeeee i was there for Hood on Friday and he was on the money, Was meant to be down on sunday but a 12hr spewing sesh put paid to that idea. Was goin to head down last night but after 3 months off work i've had my fill of nights out, Looks like India beckons in a couple of weeks now.....

What you looking at doing with 2.0? anywherelse lined up?

I was there for Hood, too busy, far too busy. Hid through the back for most of it.

Working on a venue for Sims, that was signed. Not sure though, fu was part of the show and attraction. Easy sell to DJ's when its in the DJ Mag top 100 a few times and meant I could get decent deals. We'll see, had some crackers in the bag for this year with Klock, Deetman and Beyer were all pencilled in and ready to sign in the 2nd half of the year.

Tunnels or Origin for Sims, hopefully and if its the Tunnels then I'll take Ritzi back for a warm up set for Sims and open up the back room for Nicky, me and someone else. No idea if I'll bother after that. I'm playing in Mint nae this Friday but next, I'll see what the set up is like in there while I'm down. If I can find a room with enough base that I think I can generate the same type of atmosphere then I'll carry on, if nae its not worth it. I do it to see good dj's in a great little setting with a electric atmosphere and not to coin it in. The easy pickings on the dance floor help offset any loses, obviously.

Klock, Beyer and Dettmann? You got a spare 14k floating about!

Shame that it's gone but everything runs it's course i suppose, Aye i seen your playing at that mint, Old Aurum so you would never see me setting foot in ther because i know what the clientele are like, Fuck that. I'll carry on with my little parties at drummonds when im home but after this india job im away to get them to fly me straight to thailand and im goin to do my diving tickets and have a holiday then just pick up a job from there and head straight to it (unless we get to the scottish cup final then i'll be doing a flying visit the day before the final)

Hopefully you can get something sorted min, Aberdeen needs to keep plugging away but the market is a tough one to crakc as you and i both know. We;ve had our fun and done not too bad out of it!