Fallujah Taken Over By IS

Clydeside_Sheep

That area has tribal, regional, and religious hatred of a sort that we can't even begin to appreciate. Our major contact with religious bigotry is pished up weegians singing about the Battle of the Boyne, or Bobby Sands, punctuated by the odd knifing or kneecapping. It's Pantomime bigotry for the kids.

The Arabs, Afghans, and assorted brown-skinned maniacs have generational vendettas where you can find yourself without a head because your great grandfather sneezed on the wrong person. God fucking help you if you happen to be the wrong religion, tribe, or ethnic minority. Bombing them does little more than drive the hatred into the next generation of Arabs, meanwhile we're going about our business in 20 years time completely oblivious to the fact that these hatreds are still there and now they're focused on us. So when some squaddie or Aid Worker gets his head removed from his shoulders we're like... "Why they daein' that? They're mental."

Well, aye, they're mental, but they're killing us for a reason.

We see the end result of a pissed off Mussie cutting the head off an innocent Aid Worker, what we don't remember is that western bombs killed plenty innocent children. We forget about it because the fitba's back on, but they're still picking up the pieces of their kids that the 'Coalition of the Willing' spread across downtown Baghdad during a surgical strike. It doesn't go away for them like it does for us.

ISIS is the far end of religious, ethnic, and regional hate, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to discover that the West is funding and arming ISIS.

In the 13 years since a group of Arabs suicided into the WTC... a group of Arabs who, astonishingly, kept turning up alive and well... in those 13 years the 'War on Terror/Islam' has allowed our governments all the latitude they need to impose horrendous laws against our civil rights. They can essentially arrest anyone they want, torture who they want, imprison who they want, and spy on who they want, and they can do so with minimal to no judicial oversight in the name of 'Keeping us safe'.

With all the major 'Terrorist' states out of the game how does the West maintain these laws? They need to keep the 'threat' alive. With Saddam, Gadafi, and the Taleban gone who is there to keep the Terrorist threat alive?

ISIS is fucking perfect. A one-dimensional enemy, a cartoon-level enemy, who seems to kill randomly, with no real motivation, marching across the Middle East in a seemingly unstoppable wave. An enemy we can hate, and support our government while it takes our liberties away and grants itself more and more powers.

Who's funding and arming them? Who's organising them? Why has little been done to stop them?

If you ask me my opinion, and I know you didn't, the West is as much behind ISIS as radical Islam.

We'll no doubt wipe them out, but not before we're good and ready, and not before we've another cartoon enemy waiting in the wings to put the frighteners on the Western public.

• Upvote 9

That area has tribal, regional, and religious hatred of a sort that we can't even begin to appreciate. Our major contact with religious bigotry is pished up weegians singing about the Battle of the Boyne, or Bobby Sands, punctuated by the odd knifing or kneecapping. It's Pantomime bigotry for the kids.

The Arabs, Afghans, and assorted brown-skinned maniacs have generational vendettas where you can find yourself without a head because your great grandfather sneezed on the wrong person. God fucking help you if you happen to be the wrong religion, tribe, or ethnic minority. Bombing them does little more than drive the hatred into the next generation of Arabs, meanwhile we're going about our business in 20 years time completely oblivious to the fact that these hatreds are still there and now they're focused on us. So when some squaddie or Aid Worker gets his head removed from his shoulders we're like... "Why they daein' that? They're mental."

We see the end result of a pissed off Mussie cutting the head off an innocent Aid Worker, what we don't remember is that western bombs killed plenty innocent children. We forget about it because the fitba's back on, but they're still picking up the pieces of their kids that the 'Coalition of the Willing' spread across downtown Baghdad during a surgical strike. It doesn't go away for them like it does for us.

ISIS is the far end of religious, ethnic, and regional hate, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to discover that the West is funding and arming ISIS.

In the 13 years since a group of Arabs suicided into the WTC... a group of Arabs who, astonishingly, kept turning up alive and well... in those 13 years the 'War on Terror/Islam' has allowed our governments all the latitude they need to impose horrendous laws against our civil rights. They can essentially arrest anyone they want, torture who they want, imprison who they want, and spy on who they want, and they can do so with minimal to no judicial oversight in the name of 'Keeping us safe'.

With all the major 'Terrorist' states out of the game how does the West maintain these laws? They need to keep the 'threat' alive. With Saddam, Gadafi, and the Taleban gone who is there to keep the Terrorist threat alive?

ISIS is fucking perfect. A one-dimensional enemy, a cartoon-level enemy, who seems to kill randomly, with no real motivation, marching across the Middle East in a seemingly unstoppable wave. An enemy we can hate, and support our government while it takes our liberties away and grants itself more and more powers.

Who's funding and arming them? Who's organising them? Why has little been done to stop them?

If you ask me my opinion, and I know you didn't, the West is as much behind ISIS as radical Islam.

We'll no doubt wipe them out, but not before we're good and ready, and not before we've another cartoon enemy waiting in the wings to put the frighteners on the Western public.

An unfortunate truth. Totally nailed it there. Remember kids, it was only last year we were directly helping ISis in Syria. A lot of their funding comes from oor mates the Saudis. They love chopping a heed aff. But they've got what we need. So we daren't argue with them. It's all one big circle. And who's the mugs? Some might say it's IS for believing that beheadings will make Allah purr like the queen. I think it's us, for not making a stand against our countries scandalous dealings with the likes of Israel, Qatar and Saudi.

• Upvote 1

Part of me wants us to go over and wipe the bams out to the ground. GS wis that not in Syndicate Wars too? (cracking game)

Really though what is the outcome we want from this? Them gone? Of course it is. Let them be hoisted by their own petard. Or let them fuck themselves over with this shit.

Aye, hard as fuck game, that one. Had a preference for the Nuclear Grenades tho. Rods fae God feature heavily in the last COD game too, think that was Ghosts.

This may sound a bit Nazi but I would put a stop to fucking do gooders going over there to try and help them. Lassie I know (May or May not have been an ex Boofon. Mind yer own business) was doing charity work in Sierra Leone. Got held up at gun point. Had her malaria tablets taken and promptly contracted malaria which she nearly died from.

This isn't Live Aid.

If folk want to go out and ponce about like fucking Santa in the worst regions of the world then they should have to sign a disclaimer and be in quarantine before they are allowed back in.

I personally could never imagine giving a frogs fat arse for any of that sort of self-serving wank.

In Boofons case he was out to make money so fair doors and pretty good at hiding.

:hysterical:

Different circumstances but would have ended up the same way (dead but not beheaded) had I not been good at hiding.

Sounds like a good argument for some form of western empire imposing our leaders upon them rather than putting puppet regimes in.

We can either impose our will in a less bashful way or leave them to it. The latter option ain't an option on account of the fact that there is oil to add to the equation. We are very good at ignoring all the shit that is constantly going on in Africa.

Sounds like a good argument for some form of western empire imposing our leaders upon them rather than putting puppet regimes in.

We can either impose our will in a less bashful way or leave them to it. The latter option ain't an option on account of the fact that there is oil to add to the equation. We are very good at ignoring all the shit that is constantly going on in Africa.

And there's the thing.

As you say, control needs to be applied on these regions in a real and heavy-handed way. That's why they NEED dictators, as fucked up as that sounds. Saddam and Gadafi were brutal sociopaths, but they kept the ethnic, tribal, and religious violence to an absolute minimum. No-one killed anyone else, or tortured each other, or punted the heid aff one another without the direct order of the guy in charge. We waltz in, remove these dictators, and a year later all fucking hell breaks loose as those suppressed hatreds come to the surface.

As you know, if ISIS had tried this shite under Saddam, he'd have sent the Republican Guard in ten minutes after ISIS had started their didos. They'd have brutally fucked up everyone who even looked as though they were part of ISIS, rounded up anyone who might have helped ISIS, lined them against a wall and shot them in the heid. Then they'd have burned down a few villages, or gassed them, and that would have been that, Job done.

We, on the other hand, try fucking Drone Strikes, as though a few bombs here and there are going to stop a growing movement like ISIS. We piss-arse around, doing fuck all except going, "I say, they've beheaded that chap. That's bad sport." (Forgetting that we spent ten years blowing the heids aff hundreds of thousands of them ) so chopping the heid aff the odd westerner, regardless of 'innocence' is hardly overkill when you consider what WE did to THEM. I'd say lopping the heid aff a charity worker once a week is absolutely fuck all in terms of retaliation, and we should be grateful that that's all these cunts are doing to us.

Nuclear weapons, incidentally, are no serious option.

We need to do what we did in the past.

Install a maniacal, murderous, sociopath as dictator, arm him, fund him, then get the fuck out.

It worked in the past, it'll work in the future.

In reality, can IS actually be destroyed?? I can't see how they can ever be stopped. It's not like IS memebers are just from the region they're based. People are coming from all over the world to fight for them and it's people that have had no exposure to war or Western aggression. Social media seems to make it a much harder battle. This group aint going away any time soon. Makes you sick though seeing all the politicians giving their condolences on the TV.

RIP Alan Henning

In reality, can IS actually be destroyed?? I can't see how they can ever be stopped. It's not like IS memebers are just from the region they're based. People are coming from all over the world to fight for them and it's people that have had no exposure to war or Western aggression. Social media seems to make it a much harder battle. This group aint going away any time soon. Makes you sick though seeing all the politicians giving their condolences on the TV.

RIP Alan Henning

They can be beaten if they're up against a ruthless,. organised, well-funded government that has tanks, gunships, and motivated soldiers.

The only reason they're being allowed to become a genuine threat is because western governments want that threat. It's not as though we're feart to go in and kill millions of people... we've previous that proves we don't give a fuck about killing the Brownies. If we're not killing them it's because we don't want to.

Karzai himself, a western puppet, basically just admitted that the west's agenda is to continue the violence. As long as there's violence and a 'threat' we have an excuse to hang around. Stability in the region means we've no reason to be there.

Interesting final paragraph. I'm fully aware that the scandals that the British Empire and subsequently the UK and our bum chums have been the cause of in that region. Far, far worse than what they have ever done to us.

However. They are sitting on a lot of oil. It would be remiss of our respective governments to not secure that oil by any means. If you want to live the rich life then you kinda have to fuck the poor. On a national scale I am raging, however on an international scale I kinda want my country robbing the poor to keep us as top boys.

It's a conflicted, perverse world we live in.

Edit - two posts up

What I am trying and failing to express is that economics is more important than religion. We have powerful armies who will not allow anything like the IS movement to last more than five minutes in an oil field.

Now... The question is whether you would have your government do that or diminish our wealth in favour of theirs.

It's not just to show off the latest rockets, it's a battle for the resources and wealth of the planet.

They can be beaten if they're up against a ruthless,. organised, well-funded government that has tanks, gunships, and motivated soldiers.

The only reason they're being allowed to become a genuine threat is because western governments want that threat. It's not as though we're feart to go in and kill millions of people... we've previous that proves we don't give a fuck about killing the Brownies. If we're not killing them it's because we don't want to.

Karzai himself, a western puppet, basically just admitted that the west's agenda is to continue the violence. As long as there's violence and a 'threat' we have an excuse to hang around. Stability in the region means we've no reason to be there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Not going to happen.

Some jump in the BG share price.

42% up on opening yesterday.

Jammy bastards if anyone took a punt on them.

Aye, overall BP would be looking at buying up assets, while many of the mid sized oil companies share price has crashed, 65%+ since the oil price halved, BP has only came down circa 10%