Spfl Xi - Withoot Celtic

Sack the good publicity for Izaguirre, Taylor-Sinclair and Robertson. Hands down the best left back in the league has been Graeme Shinnie this season by some distance.

Best keeper tbf is Forster after that meh all much of a muchness - I'd like us to sign Mannus but he isnt all that much better than others

Centre half - best in league is Reynolds. Worthy mention to Van Dijk and Anderson

Midfield. Ainsworth, Commons, Flood, Pawlett, Gauld (Aug-Oct), Hayes, Mulgrew all worthy of a mention

May, McKay and Boyd in a different league to the others including Celtic

Foster has had fuck all tae dae bar keep his eyebrow oot o his een. In a more competitive league he'd be well sussed.

Foster has had fuck all tae dae bar keep his eyebrow oot o his een. In a more competitive league he'd be well sussed.

True but he's far better than all Spl current keepers. Dons have had seasons in past with 2 or 3 keepers on our books at the same time all a level above the Samson's, Langfield's and Mannus's of this world

In order, who do you rate as the best managers in the league.

I'd go (& without bias)

McInnes

McCall

Butcher

McNamara (he seems to find decent players)

Lennon (Neil)

Wright

Johnstone

Locke

Lennon (Danny)

Adams

Archibald

Hughes

Bottom 8 could maybe be juggled about but pretty solid on top four in order of who I prefer to have as our manager if those 12 were only options (even though I canny stand McNamara, he'd make No.4)

McInnes will need to keep it up for a few years to prove he's better than McCall. The English Hun has done a brilliant job at Motherwell - given the funds available

True he will but given the choice right now. McInnes gets my vote over McCall. Simply because McCall is oot of both cups & one of those cups he got papped oot by McInnes ;)

Exactly RTYD & Robo - Robson is the most complete midfield player in the SPL outside Celtic (maybe even including Celtic).

I don't see enough of other teams to make an informed judgement, but I'd say that Utd have Robertson, Gauld & GMS who'd do a job for AFC, and other than that there are very few players who are of such a high or outstanding standard where it's obvious that they'd substantially improve any other team in the top 3 or 4 clubs.

I don't at all understand the ejaculations over Mannus. He's had a couple of good games against us granted, but by Christ he lets in some sclaffers as well. Very easily beaten on the near post by Stokes (first goal?) yesterday. Jamie McDonald is someone I've wanted to come good for a while, but it really hasn't happened. Samson for me is the best of the rest, and even then he's not a world beater.

In short, my non-Celtic SPL XI would basically be Aberdeen FC's settled XI plus Utd's 3 amigoes (replacing Consi, Hayes & begrudgingly McGinn) & Samson.

Robson may well be in team of the year by end of season but he has missed too many games to get in on season to date

& he was fairly slow to come onto his game when he did return from injury imo.

He was a bit of a let down for a while imo but he's back to his old self now & then some & we are reaping the rewards now.