Ross County v Aberdeen (1 - 1)

I remember seeing Joe Shaughnessy as a centre half and he was really good. Good in the air and strong in the tackle, he looked a prospect. Its obvious RB is not his best position but I hope he gets his chance in the middle. He is doing ok at fullback and did not let us down tonight, it was a good tactical change by DM. Clark Robertson has also done a decent job at LB and can cover for Considine.

I can only give my opinion on what I have seen so to says it magnificently ill informed is completely unfair.

I'd give Smith more time and potentially low another year but I'm still not convinced.

You made it pretty clear in your initial post that you were basing your opinion on very little evidence - such as not seeing Shaughnessy play centre back, but deciding he was no good there - not seeing the game tonight- thinking Fyvie was our worst player in a midfield that featured but Mark Kerr and Gary MacDonald...

It goes on and on.

Some folk way to harsh on Smith. He's just a kid for goodness sake. Plenty of time for him to flourish.

Thought we were the better team, county's chances were really as a result of a shakey looking defence tonight. We missed Anderson badly.

McGinn desperately needs a goal. No way he should be dropped though. Ridiculous suggestion given the injuries we have just now. Hopefully pawlett back on Saturday, we'll need him.

Just scanning through the comments. I think no one's really said that the one person that was really missed was Anderson. Yes he probably needed a rest, but he's commanded that defence all season and the team from the back and they just didn't have "it" tonight... That spark and cohesion... That's at least 3 first choice players out of the team tonight...

Disappointed we didn't get the 3 but not the end of the world. Hopefully the post cup hangover won't last too long though...

Anderson was clearly the miss tonight. Defence was shambolic at times.

You made it pretty clear in your initial post that you were basing your opinion on very little evidence - such as not seeing Shaughnessy play centre back, but deciding he was no good there - not seeing the game tonight- thinking Fyvie was our worst player in a midfield that featured but Mark Kerr and Gary MacDonald...

It goes on and on.

Don't even know where you read and I quote "Fyvie was our worst player in a midfield that featured Mark Kerr and Gary MacDonald", because it certainly wasn't from me. In my opinion I felt Fyvie was too slow and didn't possess the fight that I see when I'm watching Robson or Reynolds for example, but never said he was our worst midfielder however was one of the reasons (read my initial post) we weren't as successful on the field, others will disagree.

That is correct, unfortunately I didn't see tonight's match however I'm not entirely sure where you are going with that one? As my opinion on these players is based on all previous matches and from what I gather, some of the players (mentioned in my initial post) involved tonight, didn't do themselves justice.

And finally regarding, Joe, as mentioned also in my initial post, he has been unfortunate, in that, he has been played out of position. It would only be fair to play him in his natural position of centre back before truly assessing him. I have mentioned previously on this forum, that I would like to see him play centre back rather then Tate. I personally don't feel (I also said this in my initial post) he would be much better as a centre back but it would be unfair and harsh of me to say he wasn't any good (which is why I haven't) there until I have seen him play in that position. Your opinion will clearly differ from mine but again to say it was " magnificently I'll informed" is unfair.

• Site Sponsor

First of all, under no circumstances should that twat Adams ever be quoted again for the Aberdeen manager's job. Complete cock.

McGinn must be benched as soon as Pawlett is fit and Hayes will keep him out of the team.

Actually enjoyed the second half.

I thought we were very unlucky not to score three but County can say the same.

Some very good saves by Clangers, but two fuck ups as well; catching and kicking just ain't your thing loon.

Flood needs a rest; why not just give Nicky Low a start?

I thought Logan was man of the match.

First of all, under no circumstances should that twat Adams ever be quoted again for the Aberdeen manager's job. Complete cock.

McGinn must be benched as soon as Pawlett is fit and Hayes will keep him out of the team.

Actually enjoyed the second half.

I thought we were very unlucky not to score three but County can say the same.

Some very good saves by Clangers, but two fuck ups as well; catching and kicking just ain't your thing loon.

Flood needs a rest; why not just give Nicky Low a start?

I thought Logan was man of the match.

Apart from when he tried to trap the long ball, and epic failed.

However, he has certainly become a valuable, decent player the last month.

Robson was good too last night.

Over 1500 minutes now without a McGinn goal

the worst part is that its not even his lack of goals that concerns me. Its his complete lack of motivation and effort!!!!

Total passenger recently and if McInnes can drop Anderson and Robson to rest them then he can do the same to McGinn.

Couple of nice touches, but he seemed too eager to pass and not give the ball away as opposed to perhaps beating a man and doing something positive

Think its too soon for him, got a nice touch and would no doubt benefit from a season on loan.

A lot of pressure on him to perform well in this team, perhaps not helping.

Some way OTT reactions after one draw!

We played OK going forward, lets be honest we could have score 3 or 4 with the chances we had. Yes they could say the same. We didn't defend well. Considine and Reynolds both struggled.

The only player that should be written off after last night is Tate. Smith is 19. Shaughnessey I thought was alright too yesterday.

Anyway onto Saturday, hopefully Pawlett will be back and Anderson in for Considine with Shaughnessey or Robertson in full back.

• Upvote 1

the worst part is that its not even his lack of goals that concerns me. Its his complete lack of motivation and effort!!!!

Total passenger recently and if McInnes can drop Anderson and Robson to rest them then he can do the same to McGinn.

I thought McGinn was excellent v Kilmarnock when played centrally, last night he seemed to be playing wider where he was less effective. He could easily have had 2-3 goals v Kilmarnock, his confidence is obviously low just now though.

Ground it out a bit.

The good thing about this squad is if two of our best players are out then we've still got some quality on the pitch to earn a point or two, even allowing for us being a bit below par.

McGinn wasn't even as good as below par though.

Harcus must still be sleeping.

They are out bogey team, we take a point and move on. I thought we would lose last night so just glad we didn't.

Something seriously wrong with McGinn.

We play our other bogey team next week then :laughing:

Saying that, United are playing theirs on Saturday :)

I don't understand why Irish Joe is getting stick on here, I thought he was decent enough when he came on, centre back who does a decent enough job as a right back and gets forward and poses a threat.

IMO he's a better centre back pretending to be a full back than Considine is. That is admittedly not saying much.

Didn't see the game tonight so can't comment on the players performances however pleased to hear Logan, Langfield and Robson turned up. Logan has been looking a good bit of business and if he continues with this form, I'd like to see us sign him us permanently.

Regarding low, Smith, McManus and Joe, personally not at all impressed by any of them and has me seriously questioning our youth development. Smith has moments were I see something but overall has been dreadful. Joe has been unfortunate, in that, he has been played out of position I.e. full back however I don't think he'll be much better in the centre back position. Low works hard but looks incredibly awkward on the ball. Not technically the most gifted and lacks speed but he's the best out of a bad bunch (I would like to think we could get better and therefore would not renew his contract), oh and seems to be good at set pieces. McManus seemed ok last week but we only saw 5 mins of the lad. I know this sounds harsh but I had hoped for better things from him. He apparently failed at Alloa (I'm sure I read he had his loan deal terminated early as a result by Paul Hartley) and hasn't done enough to impress Derek Mcinnes to give him more game time. Having said that he looked bulkier and faster against Killie.

As for the argument of Peter Pawlett, everyone could tell he at least he looked like a footballer, whereas these new lads just don't and it was simply a matter of time in his case. Fraser did well in his short first team spell for Aberdeen but again not overly impressed by him, and on top of that, he didn't stay long before wanting to leave. He was the best youth player we've had for a while but that doesn't say much. I'm hoping Greg Storie turns out to be half decent although I'm already getting the sense of the next Fraser Fyvie who I thought was awful and personally felt he was on of the reasons Aberdeen were so bad.

Keep Smith as he's young and loan him out next season, maybe offer Low a 1 year extension to see how he gets on, get shot of McManus and keep Joe to see how he develops. Been fairly harsh here but it's my opinion. Something to note, is that most young players don't become good until they hit 23/ 24 or at least that's when they really start to shine so maybe I should be more patient.

Wow.

That is all.

IMO he's a better centre back pretending to be a full back than Considine is. That is admittedly not saying much.

Considine is the 21st century Doug Rougvie. Above and beyond the fact he'd kick his grunny to win a match for AFC, he's a perfectly capable centre-back who is extremely unfortunate that we have two top-class centre-backs in front of him. Granted I don't take much notice of paper talk, but Scotland on Sunday ran an article recently with the 12 best centre-backs in the SPL and he came in 10th or 11th. He'd be first to admit he's not a left-back but until he makes a basic defensive error you wouldn't expect him to make, I'm not inclined to criticise him. Buck stops with the manager on this one, it's his choice to play a player out of position and/or not sign an adequate replacement. And that itself is not a criticism either, we were told Tate can play there but he hasn't displaced him. Interesting to see the manager's take on Clark Robertson returning to fitness.

I'd like to see Joe Shaughnessy used a bit more, I quite like him, but I do fear for him that Logan has the jersey now. Up to him to fight to get it back. Nicky Low I've been really impressed with, he seems to be quite comfortable anywhere in the midfield. Smith just needs to try and ride the challenges a bit better and make better decisions. He has the raw materials but I just hope he's not one of these players that peaked too young, as happens with so many that get international recognition at such a young age.

Just like many lapsed fans who may be working their way slowly back to Pittodrie. Would you rather they were showing Manc derby just to moan at them?

Would rather not be having the discussion in the first place.

An Aberdeen pub should be showing aberdeen games if asked to do so, twice.

Exciting game at what is now officially a bogey venue. Still can't decide whether we were lucky/unlucky to get a point. They had a perfectly fair goal chalked off for fuck all, but we also had a reasonable penalty claim dismissed early second half. A point was probably fair and in absolutely no way a terrible result. We are still 8 clear of Utd, and that's where I'm looking. Finishing 2nd or 3rd is much of a muchness, both get Europa League. It's the cup winners who enter at the 2nd, rather than 1st qualifying round 2nd/3rd makes minimal difference but for a bit of prize money.

Langfield - Three crucial saves. One in the first half when clean through, and two near the end. Still had one particularly bad fuck up that should have cost us, kicking straight to them. Had the boy passed it, would have been a goal. Should he have come out for Considine's red? It was fucking borderline. The chances of him Schumachering the boy were pretty high. My initial shout was "off yer line you cunt!" but on replay I think it was touch and go.

Logan - Good performance. Excellent clearance first half, one of three occasions where ref inexplicably awarded a goal kick for us instead of a County corner. Got forward quite well and crossing into the box was decent.

Tate - Hammer thrower. To be used sparingly.

Reynolds - Missed Anderson alongside him I think. Not a vintage display but he's allowed a temporary drop in form.

Considine - Definite red. He's not a long-term left-back solution but neither is his likely replacement on Saturday, Clark Robertson.

Flood - Gave the ball away a lot. Passing was generally pish. Usual energy but a sub-standard night.

Jack - Good to see him shooting from 20-25 yards and is adding a bit of attacking drive to his game. Much improved. His shot led to the equaliser.

Robson - Tireless. Wasn't going to settle for defeat. Could do with one or two players lingering back post for his corners though. We aren't quite getting the return we should be from his set-pieces.

McGinn - Fucking abysmal. Didn't put a foot right.

Smith - Not much to write home about. Unlucky with second half heider off the post. Needs to grasp these first-team chances.

Rooney - Thank fuck we signed this boy. Legend in the making.

Subs

Shaugnessy - nae bad, nae great; Vernon - almost on end of great Rooney cross. Minimal impact; Zola - took him ten seconds to remind us why he hasn't had a sniff of first-team action in months. Bin.

Some of you lot are absolutely mental. This players shit, this players shit, he's never good enough blah blah blah.

Reality check needed. We're not going to win every week and we're definitely not going to play well every week. Some mass over reactions to one sub standard performance, especially the comments directed towards the young guys.

I'm glad I didn't have access to football forums when Anderson was making his debut.

• Upvote 4

Didn't see the game tonight so can't comment on the players performances however pleased to hear Logan, Langfield and Robson turned up. Logan has been looking a good bit of business and if he continues with this form, I'd like to see us sign him us permanently.

Regarding low, Smith, McManus and Joe, personally not at all impressed by any of them and has me seriously questioning our youth development. Smith has moments were I see something but overall has been dreadful. Joe has been unfortunate, in that, he has been played out of position I.e. full back however I don't think he'll be much better in the centre back position. Low works hard but looks incredibly awkward on the ball. Not technically the most gifted and lacks speed but he's the best out of a bad bunch (I would like to think we could get better and therefore would not renew his contract), oh and seems to be good at set pieces. McManus seemed ok last week but we only saw 5 mins of the lad. I know this sounds harsh but I had hoped for better things from him. He apparently failed at Alloa (I'm sure I read he had his loan deal terminated early as a result by Paul Hartley) and hasn't done enough to impress Derek Mcinnes to give him more game time. Having said that he looked bulkier and faster against Killie.

As for the argument of Peter Pawlett, everyone could tell he at least he looked like a footballer, whereas these new lads just don't and it was simply a matter of time in his case. Fraser did well in his short first team spell for Aberdeen but again not overly impressed by him, and on top of that, he didn't stay long before wanting to leave. He was the best youth player we've had for a while but that doesn't say much. I'm hoping Greg Storie turns out to be half decent although I'm already getting the sense of the next Fraser Fyvie who I thought was awful and personally felt he was on of the reasons Aberdeen were so bad.

Keep Smith as he's young and loan him out next season, maybe offer Low a 1 year extension to see how he gets on, get shot of McManus and keep Joe to see how he develops. Been fairly harsh here but it's my opinion. Something to note, is that most young players don't become good until they hit 23/ 24 or at least that's when they really start to shine so maybe I should be more patient.

Probably one of the worst posts i've read on here in a very long time.

Regarding Fraser - "not overly impressed by him". Really? He is probably the most exciting talent i've seen coming out of our youth system in god knows how long. The boy tore teams apart up here on a weekly basis.

Some of you lot are absolutely mental. This players shit, this players shit, he's never good enough blah blah blah.

Reality check needed. We're not going to win every week and we're definitely not going to play well every week. Some mass over reactions to one sub standard performance, especially the comments directed towards the young guys.

I'm glad I didn't have access to football forums when Anderson was making his debut.

Aye. Typical over reaction to a defeat draw.

The fact our youth players and youth system is being slated after a 1-1 draw is laughable. Last week "WILLIES OUT, FOR THE ABERDEEN", suddenly after last night it's all "MCINNES OOOOT"