Aberdeen V St Johnstone (1 - 2)

Ah, so all others are devoid of criticism, when it suits, for not doing their job correctly.

Apologies for not understanding how your argument worked.

I have absolutely no idea what you are gibbering about here. Suspect you don't know either. Where Jack is concerned all rationality seems to go out window with you. Bit like Redstar and F&D with Langfield.

Completely predictable every time.

[ quote name=K-9" post="1063009" timestamp="1397489385]I have absolutely no idea what you are gibbering about here. Suspect you don't know either. Where Jack is concerned all rationality seems to go out window with you. Bit like Redstar and F&D with Langfield.

Completely predictable every time.

I know exactly what I'm gibbering about.

Jack made a poor effort to stop May. Acknowledged.

Rooney missed a guilt edge chance.

Robson an easier one. McGinn an easier one still. Flood can't pass water.

Stoney said Jack didn't do his job yet I can't use the same argument for the others.

Strange that.

I know exactly what I'm gibbering about.

Jack made a poor effort to stop May. Acknowledged.

Rooney missed a guilt edge chance.

Robson an easier one. McGinn an easier one still. Flood can't pass water.

Stoney said Jack didn't do his job yet I can't use the same argument for the others.

Strange that.

You responded to me and i quote you in saying "your arguement". Seems it is not actually my arguement after all which was the confusing bit but glad that cleared up (i think).

But for me culpability all through the side and starting with manager.

Keeper causes panic and we fall apart.

Central defenders all over the place.

Central defender at left back all over the place.

Midfield in centre offered nothing.

Robson stuck out on right and struggled badly.

Both forwards wasting good chances along with Robson and Pawlett.

Pretty much half hearted in 2nd half and everything that we finally had stopped worrying about every week seemed to creep back into our side for second half. Seriously disappointed in management for not seeing what everyone else was seeing and make a change of some sort to get grip back in game it was obvious was slipping away from us at even 1-0 us.

You responded to me and i quote you in saying "your arguement". Seems it is not actually my arguement after all which was the confusing bit but glad that cleared up (i think).

Pretty much half hearted in 2nd half and everything that we finally had stopped worrying about every week seemed to creep back into our side for second half. Seriously disappointed in management for not seeing what everyone else was seeing and make a change of some sort to get grip back in game it was obvious was slipping away from us at even 1-0 us.

So it wasna' just Ryan Jack's fault then, as Stoney will have us believe.

Pretty much the whole team looked of the pace in the second half they looked slow chasing every ball and were getting beaten in the air far too much. The first half was pretty good if the ref had been doing a decent job I think we could have seen at least one St Johnstone player pick up a couple of bookings. Don't think pawlett is 100% fit he didn't look as fast as he was before he got injured.

I agree, Pawlett didn't look 100% fit, but to be fair he wasn't the worst on the pitch. Is it just me or is Pawlett getting back to his old diving habits, he was even doing it in the middle of the park

Definitely diving a lot, and it becomes counter-productive after a while. He earned a couple of free-kicks but then started to go down far too easily, and as a result we then lost out on what looked like a couple of legit free-kicks because the ref had concluded that he was at it.

Agree with all of that. Management at fault for not rectifying things in the second half and responding to the changes made by St Johnstone at HT.

All this over-analysing is pointless. We didn't take our chances end if story. Our performance was decent and we could have been out of sight by half time, even at 1-1 we had chances.

Those who don't appreciate Ryan Jack don't know fit their on about, classy midfielder who rarely gives away possession. Every team needs a Ryan Jack!

To me it looked like Robson and Pawlett tired after c.60 mins and after that everyone seemed to struggle and St Johnstone seemed to have more players than us. I also thought yesterday was the most unconvincing our defence has been for some time and whilst I think fatigue with Robson and Pawlett played a part meaning others were having to over compensate, I also think you have to give St Johnstone a lot of credit as their 4 most attacking players caused a lot of problems.

Gutted not to win and reminds us (if needed) we're still a work in progress and hints that McInnes doesn't feel he has much options and doesn't trust some of the younger players when it matters.

I appreciate the ability that Ryan clearly has i.e. composure and that fact that he very seldom gives the ball away (all be it 9 times out of 10 the pass chosen is the easy pass). However, he has to bring more to the team. Ether crunch into tackles snuffing out any strikers or midfielders before they get to the box. ideally he needs to break from defence or have the composure to hold the ball that minute longer to allow attacking midfielder or forward to run into space. With Pawletts pace our midfield should be looking to slide a pass beyond their defence for the wee man to run onto. Too many passes going back to the defence to be punted up to Rooney. Like I say defenders defend the midfield should be making things happen. Jack has recent examples of what he could do for the team from a defensive position with Sevi and Arnason, Hopefully he can take the best from Flood and Robson and this to his game. Just an opinion and I guess if he could bring this to his game he would no longer be in a red shirt.

No on Saturday he will have been spewing...his old mate Ally and the hun were taking a beating...on Sunday I'm sure he was trying his best.

Yes, very careless of me to get the day wrong. At least it gave you a chance to get your anti-hun stuff in as usual.

My point was that the lack of any re-shaping of the tactics in the second half on SUNDAY pointed to either a lack of or poor analysis of the problem the team was dealing with.

If we play the same way on FRIDAY we will lose there as well.

Lack of options from the bench has definitely been costing us recently. McInnes rarely changes the starting line-up too much and i think it caught up with us yesterday in the second half. I fully believe McInnes will address that in the summer and next season we will hopefully have far better quality options available to the manager in several key positions.

Yesterday was a great chance spurned. But we're not yet good enough to think we have any sort of divine right to beat a team like St Johnstone. Let's not forget they have drubbed both Well and the Arabs 3-0 this season they are no mugs and have a genuine match winner in May.

The most important thing for me is despite us not having any divine right to believe we can beat the likes of St Johnstone we are definitely heading in the right direction. Things are on the up and we are a highly respected outfit in the top tier again. As long as Derek keeps on improving things and continues moving us in the right direction that's good enough for me. Disappointing results like yesterday will always happen from time to time for all teams that's just football. But these boys have definitely given us our pride back this season and hopefully will continue to do so next season (with the help of a few quality additions). It's important not to lose sight of the fact we are all very proud of what we have done so far this season considerng where we've come from. It's important not to forget that in the face of one very disappointing result in a big game that let's face it could very easily have gone our way.

Joking aside...the last of Jimmy's boys proved to be the weak link...failure to command his goal area really pissed both Logan and me off...it gave May and St Johnstone a chance they should never of had and shifted the balance...new keeper desperately required.

• Upvote 6

Disappointing loss, but, lamenting a loss to pretty decent SPFL opposition because it stood in the way of a cup double, and hoping that it now at least focusses us on securing a 2nd place league finish is a big improvement from being dunted out by lower division spazzies and having nothing left to fight for but finishing top of the bottom 6.

• Site Sponsor

Ryan Jack isn't as great as many on here would have us believe.

He's not as bad as many believe, but he's FAR from this great talent.

If he was in the Rangers team folk would say 'he's just the new crab'.

Sideways passes. Can't be hard in the tackle.

He's a long way from finished article, but many seem to believe he is the finished article.

I like him, but I just don't think he's as good as folk say.

Correct Berto.

Wish Simmy would take him aside and show him how to tackle and drive on

still spewing about sunday.

my brief take on this is that the team especially in the 2nd half looked absolutely out on their arses. with the exception of maybe rooney the rest looked knackered. pawlett in particular looked less than 50% fit. 1st half, I thought we looked decent enough and could easily have been 2-0 up. 2nd half st johnstone looked the hungrier and in the end probably deserved to win it. just fucking soul destroying that their route back into the game came via langfield. absolutely pathetic yet again, it comes as absolutely no shock to me, there is a handful on here who still defend him. the fact he couldn't walk 4 feet from his line and pick up a fucking bobbling football inside his 6 yard box unchallenged facing the play says it all. a despicable goalkeeper and despicable human for laughing about it seconds after.