Whatever happened to.........

Was it The Cue Club above Videoplex?

That was magic.

Upstairs after the fitba on a Saturday afternoon for a few games of snooker, a cheese toasty, a few light ales and some recreational pharmaceuticals, then doonstairs later on to schlep the night away with the slutties.

Still gets my vote for most hilarious use of a dry ice machine to date.

Aye... used to be nae bad for a beer, a line and game of snooker with mates before hitting toon dod Ambassador.

I went to Let It Be at HMT and noticed the building was ripped doon also. Shame.

It did attract a fair share of gypos towards the end.

It was always a bit of a hole. But as a local student I was in the place a lot. It was nice and cheap too which was important during the student days. Rileys has gone downhill a lot in recent times so much so that I really wished the ambassador was still open. It's a pity. Watched a fair few of the 2002 world cup games there too. Never did partake in the cherry bakewell in there though.

I remember going into the Ambassador once after an exam and getting served with my Oldie uniform on. :dance:

Had many a good Friday night in there before heading to the Cotton Club, shame I'm still pish at Pool really.

Bit gutted it's closed down before I managed to join one of the gangs of Hell's Angels in there.

The narky, scummy, skinny bitch who worked at the Ambassador was a total cunt.

I did, however, rescue her from getting battered to fuck by a lad wielding a snooker cue like a bat.

The lad in question was an Arab mate of mine who wasn't best pleased at a woman giving him shit, so he decided to teach her a lesson like they do in Tunisia.

In retrospect I should have maybe just let events take their course, rather than rugby tackling him as he launched himself at her.

I once lost a tooth biting into a wham bar. It was brilliant. Like finding free money.

Out of interest what's the going rate for the tooth fairy nowadays. I bet inflation has turned this into a real boom business. A smart kid will extract teeth marathon man style from his victims and make a fortune as long as his parents do not query why he always has teeth under his pillow whilst maintaing a full set of teeth.

Kiora

Kronenberg blanc

The Kkk

I especially liked the Kiora advert with the strutting crow.

Has anyone seen the documentary about the band, Anvil?

Does anyone remember the classy shopping-centre establishment that was The Village, which was the same building as The Ambassador? Quality products if you like goods from the sub-continent.

Jo-Jo was the best weirdo around Aberdeen - for longevity and full entertainment value. God rest his poofy, fucked-up soul.

The lassies with hairy motts have been ostracised. Thrown on the scrap heap, if you will. They probably have get-togethers to discuss their abandonment from the mainstream. I remember as a teenager getting my bird to lose the pubes and she thought it was perverse!

Back in the day when spunky mags were to be found in bushes - they were full of bushes.

You've got to wonder who the folk were that were buying the said mags and leaving them in bushes. Surely the sensible thing to do would be to keep them in a safe, dry place - like a cupboard at home. I remember a staff house in Africa that had a cracking stash in one of the bedroom cupboards. One time I got there and there had been some Muslim type using the room before me. The cupboard was bare. I thought he had got all religious and thrown them out. Until I looked under the bed. They were all there - along with a couple of crispy looking socks. The cleaner wifie did not like me when I directed her to the socks. I think it was lost in translation that they were not my socks and she just thought I was a dirty bastard getting her to clean my muck up.

It was from that particular stash I was introduced to the delight that is Jana Cova.

Some excellent replies, well done Gentlemen.

My favourites so far are:

- tattered jazz mags in the bushes

- top deck drinks

- highland toffee / wham bars (they were so tough, that either of them could double as armour plating)

One of my mates as a yoof stuck a wham bar to a cat* - years later, I think the cat died before they ever managed to get it off!

(*the cat belonged to an individual we disliked and had various run-ins with).

I am right in the mood for a can of top deck and a jazz mag now!

(I will leave the sweeite bars, I shudder to think what they would do to my veneers)