Budget For Next Season

Think we will come to an agreement regarding our debt to Lloyds in the next few months similar to United and Kilmarnock. Lloyds wants football debts cleared as soon as possible and are much more willing to receive a fraction of the debt amount. They must have made a ridiculous amount from interest payments in the past 15 years!

Fair enough.

But we do need to start clearing that debt if we are to really move forward as a club.

...and this is my point.

Everything the team does on the park is undermined by the disastrous financials of the club.

When we have a great season, few and far between though they are (was the Copenhagen season the last one?), we are never able to kick on, but rather get depressing news regarding the debt and the announcement that "The manager will have to work with a reduced budget... again".

Everyone else seems to be reducing or dispensing with their debt, but we just stagger along year upon year with the debt getting worse and worse.

Even though we've won a cup and (I'd like to think) we'll finish second and get into Europe that doesn't really do much to address the debt at all.

...and this is my point.

Everything the team does on the park is undermined by the disastrous financials of the club.

When we have a great season, few and far between though they are (was the Copenhagen season the last one?), we are never able to kick on, but rather get depressing news regarding the debt and the announcement that "The manager will have to work with a reduced budget... again".

Everyone else seems to be reducing or dispensing with their debt, but we just stagger along year upon year with the debt getting worse and worse.

Even though we've won a cup and (I'd like to think) we'll finish second and get into Europe that doesn't really do much to address the debt at all.

Milne said recently that there would be an announcement on the debt in the coming months. Let's hope (as mentioned by MightyDons earlier in this thread) that it's a similar arrangement that the likes of Killie and United have come to with the banks in clearing the debt off early at a fraction of what is owed.

So if the budget is the same next season as this season am i expecting too much with the following?

Squad Additions:-

New younger GK to genuinely push Langfield.

Logan on a permanent deal.

Taylor-Sinclair.

Hector back on a permanent deal.

New winger (someone like a Lionel Ainsworth?).

New back up striker (someone with pace...i quite like Lyle Taylor he'd be a big improvement on out current back up options).

New central midfielder (more experienced than Low to push Robson, Flood & Jack).

Players to be released:-

Tate (end of loan).

Vernon.

Magennis.

Zola (hopefully loan back to Burton or to another English lower division team).

Shaughnessey (loan...wouldn't be needed if Logan and Hector are signed up).

Low (give him a deal but loan to a lower PL club for first half of season to give him games and experience).

Weaver.

I don't think by releasing three strikers and bringing in only that we would be short up front as we tend to only play one up front and McGinn can always play up top if needed. Shankland may also be part of the squad too (though i imagine he will likely go out on loan again next season might depend on how he does in pre season he is still very young).

If we are to really push on next season and genuinely build on this one i think something relatively close to the above squad changes will be required.

I'd agree with that .

I've a feeling that mcinnes will be rather ruthless in the summer, with new deals for only Anderson and Robson. Moreover, getting rid of Mcmanus, Robertson, Shaughnessy etc. They are probably capable of being decent spl players in the future, but not for a team playing in Europe and competing for second again.

Guest milne_afc

Amen.

Anyone have any idea if magennis has made an impression at St midden?

I think they see him as the nuisance puupy to bring on and get defences flustered late in games., a desperation sub, much the same as his role with us.

Also Hector is impressing for Reading at the minute doubt will see him back. Don't know if Logan wants to stay think he'd prefer to be down south with his family.

Hector seemed to really enjoy his spell up here and he sent a message to Johnny Hayes on Twitter a few weeks ago something along the lines of he'd be seeing him again soon to look after him. Be great if we could get him back he's definitely better than Shaughnessey. You could be right about Logan wanting to go back down south. Let's hope not i've been impressed with him.