Aberdeen Parkrun

TwoStars

got the Singapore Urbanathalon coming up again in 2 weeks time. 14 k and 9 obstacles. Been training a bit and have got 12k in 1hr 19mins, nae sure if that is good timing or not. Also got the next spartan run coming up in May, the Spartan is a hoor of a race with over 30 obstacles, for every obstacle not completed its 30 burpees. Great fun though, managed to finish 87th out of over 8000 at the last Spartan in November.

What's your PB now?

20:34

got the Singapore Urbanathalon coming up again in 2 weeks time. 14 k and 9 obstacles. Been training a bit and have got 12k in 1hr 19mins, nae sure if that is good timing or not. Also got the next spartan run coming up in May, the Spartan is a hoor of a race with over 30 obstacles, for every obstacle not completed its 30 burpees. Great fun though, managed to finish 87th out of over 8000 at the last Spartan in November.

That sounds good buddy. What sort of training have you been doung? I assume abit more weights etc?

Gyms are to expensive here in Singapore....at leat a hundred quid a month for a basic membership. I just run every second night and go down to the park where they have free exercise machines to use. Unfortunately pull ups and stuff using just my own body weight will only take me so far. Lost over 15kg though, was 91kg this time last year now down to 75kg and im 6ft 3" tall. Have bought one of those tomtom GPS watches which help to track my time, heart rate and all that stuff so you can tailor your running speed to your distance. This Spartan race is great fun to take part in, its an international event so must be one in Scotland somewhere, this will be me second spartan of the calendar year, will compete in the spartan beast late 2016 to complete the spartan trifecta, Sprint, Super and Beast.

Gyms are to expensive here in Singapore....at leat a hundred quid a month for a basic membership. I just run every second night and go down to the park where they have free exercise machines to use. Unfortunately pull ups and stuff using just my own body weight will only take me so far. Lost over 15kg though, was 91kg this time last year now down to 75kg and im 6ft 3" tall. Have bought one of those tomtom GPS watches which help to track my time, heart rate and all that stuff so you can tailor your running speed to your distance. This Spartan race is great fun to take part in, its an international event so must be one in Scotland somewhere, this will be me second spartan of the calendar year, will compete in the spartan beast late 2016 to complete the spartan trifecta, Sprint, Super and Beast.

Are you related to the pansy with the electric car who lives in Norway?

Never a post written without mentioning your abode.

• Upvote 1

20:34

Impressive.

I'd love to do a sub 40 minute 10km but I really can't be assed with having to train for that this year. Running is not something I particularly enjoy.

My best is 44 mins 42 seconds, so I'd have to improve by nearly 30 seconds a KM...which is a lot.

Impressive.

I'd love to do a sub 40 minute 10km but I really can't be assed with having to train for that this year. Running is not something I particularly enjoy.

My best is 44 mins 42 seconds, so I'd have to improve by nearly 30 seconds a KM...which is a lot.

You should come along and do Parkrun. You might find blasting a few shorter run will help you in your quest.

I'm aiming to get below 42:30 this year for my 10s. Targeting the Baker Hughes, ideal course for a PB.

Impressive.

I've been doing 45mins for ten kms for a while now but have zero incentive to improve by any great margin.

I'm not making a living from it so little or nothing to be gained and with weights it's a happy and sustainable level for years to come.

I've been doing 45mins for ten kms for a while now but have zero incentive to improve by any great margin.

I'm not making a living from it so little or nothing to be gained and with weights it's a happy and sustainable level for years to come.

fat-guy-running.jpg

swap the sandwich for a beer!

• Upvote 1

I used to do alot of 7-10km at a fairly constant pace but have been more into HIIT over the last year or so after a personal trainer told me it has a negative effect on any weight training.

Cup of black coffee then 1 min walk/1 min sprint x 10 first thing in the morning. Tend to go at the following pace....

14km/hr / 14.7 / 15.4 / 16.1 / 16.6 / 17.1 / 17.6 / 18.1 / 18.6 / 19.1

You get a hoor of a sweat for around 22 mins work.

I was doing 3-3.5k in around 15 minutes (not bad for a 20-30 a day smoker) every morning last year from my flat to Woodhill House via Ashgrove onto Westburn Road and up that hill, it would take around 10 minutes to get back down again after work. Couldnt do it in half an hour these days but it fairly took the belly off.

Need to get back to it, the belly is back with a vengeance. I find motivation hard to come by though when I dont have an actual reason to get to a destination, its a lot easier to get going when you have to get to work.

I had you down as older.

You doing the full distances or is it a half?

Id have to get a bike, spinning etc isn't the same as the real thing.

Just a hard paper round min. Yon hill at Greenbrae was a nightmare.

Starting off doing the Sprint distance and try and build my way up I suppose.

I used to do alot of 7-10km at a fairly constant pace but have been more into HIIT over the last year or so after a personal trainer told me it has a negative effect on any weight training.

Cup of black coffee then 1 min walk/1 min sprint x 10 first thing in the morning. Tend to go at the following pace....

14km/hr / 14.7 / 15.4 / 16.1 / 16.6 / 17.1 / 17.6 / 18.1 / 18.6 / 19.1

You get a hoor of a sweat for around 22 mins work.

That's 5.577km in 20 minutes.

Impressive.

Nah works out around 4.2km over 22 mins. Sorry that speeds were for the 1 min sprints, 1 min walk at around 6.8km/hr between them. 2 mins fast pace walk before to loosen the legs.

All done on a treadmill which makes it easier to measure and do.

How do you get the treadmill from 6.8kph to top speed so quickly?