Minimum alcohol pricing - latest?

Ah've been in a couple by accident, Ah mean who's no?

I was in a gay bar in Hamburg once, Reeperbahn area. That was an accident (honest).

It was subterranean and I glibly followed the others in, not really paying attention.

At the bottom of the stairs, you had to go through a screen of hanging beads and, as one of my mates went through before me, I caught a glipse of something on the wall, through the jangling beads. It looked like a very large, close-up, black and white photograph of someones cock and balls.

As I went through the beads, my eyes confirmed that it was indeed someones cock and balls.

"My" thought I, "what kind of place would have a large photo of a cock and balls on the wall? This is most irregular."

The leather clad gentlemen with the wolfish smiles at the bar soon confirmed what kind of place it was.

To this day I have never scaled a flight of stairs so quickly, my face was glowing red-hot - like the nose of a space shuttle on re-rentry - such was the speed of me.

However, I still give Hamburg - and the Reeperbahn in particular - a positive review, despite my nearly being buggered.

And I am still against minimum pricing, for the record.

I was in a gay bar in Hamburg once, Reeperbahn area. That was an accident (honest).

It was subterranean and I glibly followed the others in, not really paying attention.

At the bottom of the stairs, you had to go through a screen of hanging beads and, as one of my mates went through before me, I caught a glipse of something on the wall, through the jangling beads. It looked like a very large, close-up, black and white photograph of someones cock and balls.

As I went through the beads, my eyes confirmed that it was indeed someones cock and balls.

"My" thought I, "what kind of place would have a large photo of a cock and balls on the wall? This is most irregular."

The leather clad gentlemen with the wolfish smiles at the bar soon confirmed what kind of place it was.

To this day I have never scaled a flight of stairs so quickly, my face was glowing red-hot - like the nose of a space shuttle on re-rentry - such was the speed of me.

However, I still give Hamburg - and the Reeperbahn in particular - a positive review, despite my nearly being buggered.

Wow, your homophobia seems to consume you.

Something you're not telling us?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Are you arrogant enough to think that every gay man wants to have sex with you? I have plenty gay mates and I don't worry about going into gay bars. The only difference is the shit music. Sounds like you're very insecure. But I guess that comes with being catholic

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are you arrogant enough to think that every gay man wants to have sex with you? I have plenty gay mates and I don't worry about going into gay bars. The only difference is the shit music. Sounds like you're very insecure. But I guess that comes with being catholic

I'm looking forward to meeting yer mates.

• Upvote 1

Your story is missing a crucial element... the part explaining the point at which you were "nearly buggered."

You go into a gay bar... okay...

You leave a gay bar... yes....

Finding yourself fighting off a lust-crazed queer who's high on whiz and trying to tear your keks off as he stuffs a bottle of poppers roughly under your nose and meaty thumb up your anus in the toilets... missing from the story... completely absent.

I'm giving you a C- on this one.

Next time you recount this story I expect to read about blood and feces and amyl nitrate and sperm, or for you to drop the "nearly buggered" claim.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Smells like bullshit to me I rekon he was pinned to the ground and fisted whilst taking a black 14" in cock in his mouth. Then the whole oh the German Y.M.C.A Tribute act jizzed on his face.

He's just trying to Big himself up on the Internet and make up a new story to try and block out what really happened,

But now iv brought up all those nasty memories again........

Back to the shrink CS!!!!!!

:checkit:

Your mates would be all over me like a rash. The thing they don't know is I'm the type who doesn't even have the decency to give them a reach around.

Wow, your homophobia seems to consume you.

Something you're not telling us?

:laughing:

So, lets get this straight.... ;)

On a thread where other posters have already joked about accidentally being in gay bars - on a forum which actually has :gay: as a smiley - its only my anecdote which is "homophobic".

I struggle to take you seriously my man, your righteousness has a hollow, tinny ring to it.

its very clear that its you reacting to my identity, not me reacting to others.

So, lets get this straight.... ;)

On a thread where other posters have already joked about accidentally being in gay bars - on a forum which actually has :gay: as a smiley - its only my anecdote which is "homophobic".

I struggle to take you seriously my man, your righteousness has a hollow, tinny ring to it.

its very clear that its you reacting to my identity, not me reacting to others.

Your anecdote involved tearing up a flight of stairs - this is homophobic. What were you so afraid of?

Is visiting these bars where you got your penchant for anuses? Why do you go there? Are you curious perhaps, or just get a thrill by dangling yourself as some kind of "straight bait" in front of the woofters? Both, even?

Do the gay bars you go into have large pictures of male genitalia on the walls? (I bet not). Thats a bit creepy, no?

Do you think is unreasonable for someone to prefer not to go to gay bars? That would always be prejudice in your eyes would it?

I prefer not to go to gay bars because - if I did - it would be wholly reasonable for other patrons to assume I was gay, which could only lead to embarassing scenes.

Ultimately, why would I want to suround myself with pictures of cocks in a gay bar, when I can always come on here and interact with actual cocks, who think a Catholic telling a funny story about a gay bar is "homophobic" but its seemingly ok to have a :gay: smiley.

Like yer man above, you are reacting to my identity, I am not reacting to anyones.

I am entitled to make an innocent joke about gay bars. Freedom of speech my man.

In one of the Police Academy films, they went into a gay bar by accident and hi-jinks ensued. Is that "homophobic" too?

EDIT - and how do you extrapolate that - from my not wishing to drink in a gay bar - that all gay men want to have sex with me???

Btw its impossible for homsoexuals to have sex together - what they do is not sex. People only call it sex to make it seem normal.

• Upvote 1

Your anecdote involved tearing up a flight of stairs - this is homophobic. What were you so afraid of?

I wasnt afraid. We were mildly embarassed and somewhat amused by our mistake and left promptly.

My comically exaggerated description of my flying up the stairs was for humorous effect.

Surely you didnt really think my face was glowing red-hot, like space-shuttle?

I wasnt afraid. We were mildly embarassed and somewhat amused by our mistake and left promptly.

My comically exaggerated description of my flying up the stairs was for humorous effect.

Surely you didnt really think my face was glowing red-hot, like space-shuttle?

I think you're backtracking.

You've probably got a love egg in as we speak.

• 1 year later...

So the latest development (today) seems to be a set-back for the SNPs flagship nannying "we know best" policy:

Nicola Sturgeon’s plan to fix a minimum price for alcohol has suffered a huge blow after the European court’s top lawyer ruled it would risk infringing EU law on free trade.

In a formal opinion on Sturgeon’s flagship policy, the advocate general to the European court of justice, Yves Bot, has said fixing a legal price for all alcoholic drinks could only be justified to protect public health if no other mechanism, such as tax increases, could be found.

Bot’s opinion is expected to mean a final defeat for the Scottish government’s efforts to be the first in Europe to introduce minimum pricing – supported by leading figures in the medical profession and the police, after several years of legal battles.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/sep/03/scotlands-minimum-alcohol-price-plan-dealt-huge-blow

Sturgeon is trying to put a brave face on it and obviously is not for surrender. Well done to the Whiskey Industry to keeping up the pressure.

I was interested to read that "tax increases" are a possible alternative to minimum pricing - whats the difference?

If tax is a viable option, why not go down that road at first, instead of wasting taxpayers money by trying to undermine free trade?

Is it the case that tax increases would affect other products too (not just alcohol) and so would have to be tempered by that in practice?

I appreciate what the SNP are trying to do with this, but I really resent that the responsible majority gets penalised because of how irresponsible a minority are. Its talentless, unimaginative politics-by-numbers. Or "Holyrood" as its usually refered to.

Surely better education regarding alcohol and the effects of its misuse are the real answer, as well as a non-limp wristed justice system.

Of course, I still maintain politicians should be tackling NHS waiting lists, getting the roads fixed and the streets swept etc, as opposed to trying to tell us what we can and cannot do. They have ideas above their station, these people.

Meanwhile, last time I was in Lidl, I noted that Perlenbacher Premium Pils is now available in 500ml cans - at 70p a pop,

If Sturgeon gets her way, those 70p cans would become at least £1.25 (2.5 units @ 50p).

So, the po-face so and so wants to near double the price an honest working man (like me) must pay to quench his thrirst of a Friday eve.

And even though pub & other prices are likely already above the minumum price, you can bet they would be ramped up too, using min pricing as an excuse.

Alcohol related hospital cases cost the NHS £6 Billion a year, total revenue from Alcohol sales for a year....£12 Billion a year, I read that this morning, some government study.

It pays for itself, the government should keep their noses out of it, it's a free market, do they really want people to live forever? the retirement age is getting bigger every second year as it is, you'll soon see 70 year old brickie labourers on building sites. Nanny state politics has a lot to answer for, just run the economy, stop telling people how to live.

• Upvote 2

The no buying off license after 10 and pubs closing at 11 is a contributing factor in this Countries binge drinking culture, go all over Europe and no where else has such laws, people don't drink as much as they can in a short space of time as they have all the time in the World, it encourages a more relaxed attitude to alcohol. Some clubs on the continent don't even open by the time ours are closing, they don't have our issues, we should follow.

• Upvote 3