Scottish Premiership Season 2014/15 - 80 Point Target

Other results have really went our way this weekend. We have to take this chance

This is when AFC traditionally fucks up. Results go our way, we need to raise our game and take advantage, but instead we lose.

Mind you, the club is full of surprises lately, so mebbes we'll actually do the business for once.

I, more than anyone, desperately want the win tomorrow BUT it isnt a must win game we need to remember to just quietly keep working towards the 80 point mark.

At this stage we are only competing with ourselves.

COYR

Weird statement Tord.

I'd say it's very much a must win.

A win would put us clear in 2nd place, albeit by 1 or 2 points, but it will send out a signal that we are hot on the heels of victim fc.

Beating Utd last week and ICT tomorrow show capability in beating teams in and around us.

Previous Celtic teams win these games regularly. Its why they are Champions.

We must seize this opportunity to put pressure on Celtic.

Weird statement Tord.

I'd say it's very much a must win.

A win would put us clear in 2nd place, albeit by 1 or 2 points, but it will send out a signal that we are hot on the heels of victim fc.

Beating Utd last week and ICT tomorrow show capability in beating teams in and around us.

Previous Celtic teams win these games regularly. Its why they are Champions.

We must seize this opportunity to put pressure on Celtic.

Close. 3 points.

Any team that gets more than 80 points will win the league. Doesnt matter how we get them.

Just posted this elsewhere:

On current form:

We have won 6 out of the last 7.

Or won 9 and drawn 1 of the last 12.

If we continue with a run in either of those veins, then we will surely win the title.

6 out o 7:

21 games remaining = 54 pts + 34 = 88pts = 1st :trophy:

W-9 D-1 L-2 = 28pts from 12 games = 2.33 pts per game.

21 games remain: 21 x 2.33 = 49 pts + 34 = 83 pts = probably 1st :trophy:

People saying Celtic can't play as bad as in the first half of the season. They're not getting better, they're getting worse! Stagnating like a half eaten kebab. Guidetti has turned out to be an oaf. Van Dijk looks like he'd rather be dead than play for Celtic. Gordon has some absolutely crazy moments. Brown is permanently on the edge of a suspension or serious injury. Ambrose is worth a goal against every game. And they've got 4 competitions to concentrate on.

First Round of 11 games: 19/33 points. 4 points behind lead

Second Round of 11 games:

TARGET: 7 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses - 23 points

County (A) 1-0 WIN

Celtic (H) 1-2 LOSE

Partick (A) 1-0 WIN

Hamilton (H) 3-0 WIN

United (A) 2-0 WIN

Killie (H) 1-0 WIN

Inverness (A) 1-0 WIN

TARGET: 1 win, 2 draws and 1 loss (for 23 points from Round 2)

St Johnstone (H)

Motherwell (A)

St Mirren (A)

Dundee (H)

Another big win. If we could get 3 wins out of those 4 games we'd have our 23 points from Round 2 and make up the shortfall from Round 1. That has to be the new target.

COYR

Put it this way. We'll drop points to shite. So will they. It's how we perform against them that'll decide the league. Finish 11 points behind them and it's not the points lost to St Johnstone' jutes' Hamilton and St Mirren that cost us the league, it's losing to them home and away.

We all lose points to shite, it's the head to head v your rivals that win or lose the league.

Lose to Celtic 4 times and it's a 24 point swing.

Draw with Ross County and it's the same points.

• Upvote 1

I can see both sides to the argument but for me , the deciding factor will not be the games against Celtic, it will be against the likes of st Mirren and Ross County etc.

Points dropped here will be far more costly and these kind of team tend to park the bus at Pittodrie.

1-0 victories like today and against Kilmarnock are the games that win titles.

Do that regularly and a couple of draws , a win and a defeat, or a draw and a win against racist fc and the title can be ours.

I can see both sides to the argument but for me , the deciding factor will not be the games against Celtic, it will be against the likes of st Mirren and Ross County etc.

Points dropped here will be far more costly and these kind of team tend to park the bus at Pittodrie.

1-0 victories like today and against Kilmarnock are the games that win titles.

Do that regularly and a couple of draws , a win and a defeat, or a draw and a win against racist fc and the title can be ours.

Pish. Every team drops points against shite.

It's points v your competitors that win titles.