Out Of Contract

5 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

I’d keep Taylor over Devlin if I had to chose one.

I’d prefer to bin both and source someone better to play alongside Hoban and Considine though.

Replacing Taylor is a more pressing need than replacing Consi imo.

No guarantees that Hoban will be here next year either. 

I know folk think it's an opportunity and it could be but good planning and management would never allow all the centre backs to be out of contract at the same time in the first place. (although Considine has subsequently extended). 

As well as only one striker being contracted beyond the end of the season (who happens to be the one we're trying to flog)

3 hours ago, Proud Dandy said:

Keep Cerny, Hoban, McLennan and Wright and let the rest go.

Cerny delayed starting a university course to sing on with us for this season. He's a competent back up and I'd like to seem him stay but I'm not sure he will delay starting his course for another year.

I'm fairly hopeful about Hoban though. The wage caps in EFL1/2 mean that we only really have to offer him a wage at or around our average  and that will blow them out of the reckoning.

I don't see Championship clubs being interested due to his injury history.

8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Cerny delayed starting a university course to sing on with us for this season. He's a competent back up and I'd like to seem him stay but I'm not sure he will delay starting his course for another year.

I'm fairly hopeful about Hoban though. The wage caps in EFL1/2 mean that we only really have to offer him a wage at or around our average  and that will blow them out of the reckoning.

I don't see Championship clubs being interested due to his injury history.

Also quite optimistic about Hoban. I think he could be in a similar position to Lewis when he first came to us, could probably attract a higher wage somewhere else but might just be grateful for first team football after so long without it.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Cerny sign on for another year after the year we’ve had a bank another year’s wage before starting his studies.

January 2021

Marley Watkins - on loan from Bristol City

May 2021

Tomas Cerny

Gary Woods - on loan from Oldham Athletic

Shay Logan*

Greg Leigh

Michael Devlin

Ash Taylor

Tommie Hoban

Connor McLennan

Ethan Ross - on loan at Raith

Scott Wright

Miko Virtanen

Curtis Main

Niall McGinn

Bruce Anderson

May 2022

Andrew Considine

Funso Ojo

Ryan Hedges

Dylan McGeouch

Jonny Hayes

Sam Cosgrove

May 2023

Dean Campbell

Matty Kennedy

May 2024

Joe Lewis

Ronald Hernandez

Ross McCrorie***

Lewis Ferguson

* Club hold one year option

*** On loan until May 2021

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do we not have any young goalies that can be third choice? Surely our best unders goalie can take that role, especially under current circumstances. 

Just wasting money on Woods as well as Leigh to a lesser degree. 

Why would McInness give a younger player from the academy a sustained chance in the first team? As you say waste of a wage for Leigh/Woods when you have younger lads like Ritchie and Ngwenya who certianly could easily fill that space on the bench

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do we not have any young goalies that can be third choice? Surely our best unders goalie can take that role, especially under current circumstances. 

Just wasting money on Woods as well as Leigh to a lesser degree. 

Obviously we don't know if there is news to be had about Cerny or Lewis but assuming Cerny is fit in January or February then yes certainly Tom Ritchie should be stepping up to take that spot.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

January 2021

Marley Watkins - Would love to have him back. Sell Cosgrove and bring him back. The team was far more fluid and played a lot better with him in the side than Cosgrove. 

May 2021

Tomas Cerny - KEEP if he's fit

Gary Woods - on loan from Oldham Athletic

Shay Logan* - BIN. He's been a good servant but I think his time is up now.

Greg Leigh - MEH BIN if we can find a LB

Michael Devlin - BIN 

Ash Taylor - BIN or keep as a backup CB. He should not be our first choice CB

Tommie Hoban - KEEP

Connor McLennan - BIN

Ethan Ross - on loan at Raith - KEEP

Scott Wright - BIN / ALREADY GONE. If he decides to stay, then great KEEP. But otherwise he can fuck off. 

Miko Virtanen - UNSURE

Curtis Main - BIN

Niall McGinn - BIN. As with Logan, I appreciate everything he's done at the club, but his time is up.

Bruce Anderson - 100% BIN. He could only muster 2 shots on target at Ayr apparently. He's not good enough

10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Obviously we don't know if there is news to be had about Cerny or Lewis but assuming Cerny is fit in January or February then yes certainly Tom Ritchie should be stepping up to take that spot.

Absolutely no need to have 2 senior back up goalies at a club like Aberdeen. 

Must maintain some sort of pathway to the first team for younger players 

53 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Absolutely no need to have 2 senior back up goalies at a club like Aberdeen. 

Must maintain some sort of pathway to the first team for younger players 

Unless they are shite. And to be fair to McInnes.....his judgement so far has been pretty spot on.

Our success at bringing through young players in recent years has been pretty woeful. However how many have gone on having "failed" with us to have careers at a decent level elsewhere? I can't think of any. Rodgers maybe at a push but he's a keeper so would normally expect to mature as a player at an older age. we will see if he is still at an equivalent level to Kilmarnock in 3 years or so. It's too early to make a judgement on Frank Ross as well.

Bizarre how a club that always prided itself on nurturing young talented players has become so shite at it in the past 20 odd years

• Dildo 1
Just now, Ten Caat said:

Unless they are shite. And to be fair to McInnes.....his judgement so far has been pretty spot on.

Our success at bringing through young players in recent years has been pretty woeful. However how many have gone on having "failed" with us to have careers at a decent level elsewhere? I can't think of any. Rodgers maybe at a push but he's a keeper so would normally expect to mature as a player at an older age. we will see if he is still at an equivalent level to Kilmarnock in 3 years or so. It's too early to make a judgement on Frank Ross as well.

Bizarre how a club that always prided itself on nurturing young talented players has become so shite at it in the past 20 odd years

I hear you but a 3rd choice goalie on loan? Well ott. 

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The counter argument to that though is that could it not he the case that not getting enough senior football in their developing years is detrimental to their later development? 

I accept that football is a meritocracy but filling your squad full of shite loans and journeymen to sit on their arse is a major issue in preventing young players getting opportunities. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I hear you but a 3rd choice goalie on loan? Well ott. 

I don't think we would have done had Cerny definitely been fit enough to make the bench within a couple of weeks....we could have used a youth keeper as has been said short term.

Unless....... (and this is pure speculation)

We know that Cerny postponed a university course to sign a one year extension with us. What if he has told the club that he's not willing to do so again and will be starting his course in September? We might be happy enough with Woods as a back up if he would be willing to commit to us from the summer onwards but hes only been with us for 3 months and needs a bit of time to be sure that he wants to move his family north permanently. So we extend him till summer (it's unlikely we are covering his full wages from Oldham anyway so he will be cheap as chips right now) to allow him and his family to get to know the area and the club better. 

As I say....pure speculation 

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

McInnes has managed the goalkeeper situation here pretty well imo.  Binned crisp packet hands and brought in two cracking keepers in Ward and Lewis.

I'd say signing Neil Alexander and Joe Lewis on the same day was a particular boss move after being left with dogshit keepers after Ward left.

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I don't think we would have done had Cerny definitely been fit enough to make the bench within a couple of weeks....we could have used a youth keeper as has been said short term.

Unless....... (and this is pure speculation)

We know that Cerny postponed a university course to sign a one year extension with us. What if he has told the club that he's not willing to do so again and will be starting his course in September? We might be happy enough with Woods as a back up if he would be willing to commit to us from the summer onwards but hes only been with us for 3 months and needs a bit of time to be sure that he wants to move his family north permanently. So we extend him till summer (it's unlikely we are covering his full wages from Oldham anyway so he will be cheap as chips right now) to allow him and his family to get to know the area and the club better. 

As I say....pure speculation 

Maybe. Time will tell 

2 hours ago, NEM said:

McInnes has managed the goalkeeper situation here pretty well imo.  Binned crisp packet hands and brought in two cracking keepers in Ward and Lewis.

Didn't bin him early enough though.

Which probably cost us the Scottish Cup in 2014, almost cost us the League Cup and definitely cost us 2nd place that season.

Just a wee refresher for ye... ?

1 minute ago, muttonhumper said:

Didn't bin him early enough though.

Which probably cost us the Scottish Cup in 2014, almost cost us the League Cup and definitely cost us 2nd place that season.

Just a wee refresher for ye... ?

I've done well erasing that part from memory so thanks for that ?