Out Of Contract

29 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It's just a shame we've reached a stage where we need a complete overhaul. We were decent enough at signing 1 or 2 decent players a year and admittedly a few howlers... overall it kept the starting 11 decent. Can't get over how shite the whole team are now

It breeds from the top, Del had given up caring and the players fed off that! Most have totally lost the ability to even show they give a shit about football and certainly Afc, they can speak crap in the paper all they like about glass being here and to prove to the manager etc but know they are finished with us and Sunday’s game proved that for me! I would let 90% leave with no qualms at all

13 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Awesome team so far. 

Lewis

Ramsay McCrorie Considine Mackenzie

Ferguson Brown Campbell

Hedges McLennan Hayes

subs: Ojo, Virtanen, McGeouch, Kennedy

out on loan: Hernandez

Seen some chat about play only players who are here next season between now and end of the season. There's definitely a case for steering towards that.

The lineup above with Ross (give him chance to see if worth a new deal) and Virtanen for Hedges and Brown with likes of Ruth and any other youngsters (who are showing the right signs and attitude) involved. No problem with having guys like Hendry and a couple of other senior players involved on the bench but we need to look forward and not waste minutes on players who don't want to (and won't) be here

14 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Awesome team so far. 

Lewis

Ramsay McCrorie Considine Mackenzie

Ferguson Brown Campbell

Hedges McLennan Hayes

subs: Ojo, Virtanen, McGeouch, Kennedy

out on loan: Hernandez

Apparently Wigan have a buy option on Ojo, no idea of the fee but he has been doing well for them and with new owners and surviving relegation it is likely it will be made permanent. I even saw some fans liken him to Kante haha, just shows the standard of league one.

McGeouch for me will be looking to leave as well, similar type to Brown and he is already down the pecking order, will be on good money as well and one they might look to offload to a St Mirren, Hearts or Dundee Utd. 

I'd keep Woods, Ross and Anderson as all will be cheaper options but good squad players for the season. Going to be a fun summer and hopefully we get our recruitment spot on early as we really need to be reaching the Uefa conference group stages. 

1 hour ago, florin_raducioiu said:

Seen some chat about play only players who are here next season between now and end of the season. There's definitely a case for steering towards that.

The lineup above with Ross (give him chance to see if worth a new deal) and Virtanen for Hedges and Brown with likes of Ruth and any other youngsters (who are showing the right signs and attitude) involved. No problem with having guys like Hendry and a couple of other senior players involved on the bench but we need to look forward and not waste minutes on players who don't want to (and won't) be here

Exactly this pointless playing players who are not going to be here next season in the next 3 games. If he wants a look at Ross, Woods Etc. then fine but for the likes of Taylor and Mcginn if he feels they aren't getting contracts then no point in playing them. The 3 loanees shouldn't be getting anymore game time either

1 hour ago, GDON21 said:

Apparently Wigan have a buy option on Ojo, no idea of the fee but he has been doing well for them and with new owners and surviving relegation it is likely it will be made permanent. I even saw some fans liken him to Kante haha, just shows the standard of league one.

McGeouch for me will be looking to leave as well, similar type to Brown and he is already down the pecking order, will be on good money as well and one they might look to offload to a St Mirren, Hearts or Dundee Utd. 

I'd keep Woods, Ross and Anderson as all will be cheaper options but good squad players for the season. Going to be a fun summer and hopefully we get our recruitment spot on early as we really need to be reaching the Uefa conference group stages. 

If Wigan want to buy Ojo (even for £25k or so) that would be the biggest stroke of luck we could imagine. 

McGeouch is far more of a problem, being on much higher wages than Ojo. St Mirren couldn't afford him, United and Hearts definitely could if they so chose but just can't see anyone thinking he represents anything like value for money considering how much he misses each season through injury

I'm in the "release everybody out of contract" camp though. I'd not be too worried if we signed Woods permanently but I'm sure there will be plenty of keepers available in the summer of similar ability/affordability to bring is as Lewis' back up.

2 hours ago, GDON21 said:

Have you seen the standard of the teams we'll have to beat to achieve that?  I'd say little to no chance of reaching the group stages - any realistic hope of that ended on Sunday.

36 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

On Sundays evidence alone I'd have him as a back up center half before Hoban or Considine. Taylor has been solid this season.

Short memories on here.  Aye Considine and Hoban have been poor but Taylors been garbage both spells here.  Mcinnes deserved the sack for bringing him back

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Here's the summer it all went drastically downhill.  You can pinpoint the real decline from this point. Hedges excepted. Dreadful list of signings though. 

In

08/19Zak VynerDF Bristol City

07/19Funso OjoMF Scunthorpe United

07/19Craig BrysonMF Derby County

07/19Jon GallagherFW Atlanta United FC

07/19Ryan HedgesFW Barnsley FC

07/19Greg LeighDF NAC Breda

07/19Curtis MainFW Motherwell FC

07/19Ash TaylorDF Northampton Town

2 hours ago, G31DON said:

The 2022 crew can all piss off as well, apart from Hedges. 

Was just thinking that myself. 

Hopefully Hedges will get a contract extension soon. If he is not looking to extend them try and get something for him. Really hope he wants to stay on. 

Considine will move into a coaching role. Shown loyalty to the club during his career so would like to see him stay on in some role. 

4 minutes ago, AllyDon said:

Considine will move into a coaching role. Shown loyalty to the club during his career so would like to see him stay on in some role. 

Has anyone ever tried to lure him away?  Not sure it's 'loyalty' if he's never been offered something better elsewhere?  He's never had a decision to make.  

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Here's the summer it all went drastically downhill.  You can pinpoint the real decline from this point. Hedges excepted. Dreadful list of signings though. 

In

Take Hedges away and that's as bad as anything Jimmy Calderwoods loon conjured up

30 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

In

Tbf Vyner has played 40 games for Bristol City this season and in the running for their player of the year. The Aberdeen side he played in was clearly on the downward trend although admittedly he hadn't been anything other than underwhelming for us before he got injured,

Bryson I'm sure couldn't give a flying fuck what we think of him, with one medal already in his hipper and a more than reasonable chance of making it 2.

Taylor probably our player of the year this season by default......there's no one I can think of who betters his consistency (his performances being no better than reasonable but that beats anyone else I can think of)

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Tbf Vyner has played 40 games for Bristol City this season and in the running for their player of the year. The Aberdeen side he played in was clearly on the downward trend although admittedly he hadn't been anything other than underwhelming for us before he got injured,

Bryson I'm sure couldn't give a flying fuck what we think of him, with one medal already in his hipper and a more than reasonable chance of making it 2.

Taylor probably out player of the year this season by default......there's no one I can think of who betters his consistency (his performances being no better than reasonable but that beats anyone else I can think of)

It's a terrible collection of signings though TC, especially when you consider what had came before. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I recall him saying he'd had chances to move on in the past. 

Not sure if he specified where though! 

His 'loyalty'  has never been tested.  I'm pretty certain if an English championship club had offered to treble /quadruple his wages like Shinnie and McLean he would've jumped at it. AFC have been incredibly loyal to him,  not vice versa. 

26 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

In

We are saying Hedges excepted because he played really well for 5 months this season. He was actually crap last season. Hope the one that started this season appears after the summer!

I am also in the camp that Taylor is not a bad Scottish Premiership defender. Wouldn't say he's been too bad since his return. 

Bryson to replace Shinnie.......... deary me