Out Of Contract

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/mcinnes-pleased-by-the-prospect-of-lewis-staying-at-club-long-term/

This news sounds promising. Would be good to get him tied down for a few more years, he's made a huge difference for us since he arrived.

Really thought we would struggle to get anyone in to fill the void left by Danny Ward, but he's certainly done it

If that really is the case, I think we should give him anything he wants. Been a class act this season, and I'm certain one of the reasons we have been so defensively sound so far :)

Would be great to add another year or 2 on his contract.

At 29, he's coming into his prime too I'd say.

Anyone know if he has family and if they came up the road or is that likely to be a factor as with a few other players in the past.

He's up here with his family. Currently renting my cousins house for a 2 year term since he moved up here in the summer.

Guest RosemountRed

Best chance of getting Lewis to extend his deal is to let him know that Taylor ISN'T getting a new deal ;):crossfingers:

And best way to boost season ticket sales.

May 2017

Ryan Christie - returns to Celtic

Peter Pawlett - pre-contract signed with MK Dons

June 2017

Neil Alexander

Robbie Mutch

Aaron Lennox

Ash Taylor

Jamie Henry

Ryan Jack

Dylan Thomas

Cammy Smith

Niall McGinn

Lawrence Shankland

Joe Nuttal

Aaron Norris

Joe Lewis

Danny Rogers

Shay Logan

Mark Reynolds

Anthony O'Connor

Scott McKenna

Daniel Harvie

Craig Storie

Kenny McLean

Frank Ross

Jayden Stockley

Miles Storey

Graeme Shinnie

Jonny Hayes

Andrew Considine

Scott Wright

Derek McInnes

Tony Docherty

Adam Rooney

Cammy Smith maybe has a better chance of a new deal now that Pawlett has moved on? Or not good enough?

Not good enough. Some argue he hasn't had a chance and that's fair enough because you need a proper run of games to get going, not just a 15 minute cameo here and there. He just hasn't shown anything to be worth a new deal.

Not good enough. Some argue he hasn't had a chance and that's fair enough because you need a proper run of games to get going, not just a 15 minute cameo here and there. He just hasn't shown anything to be worth a new deal.

Yep. Deemed not good enough to get a game for United and still languishing at the bottom of the league making no difference to the Paisley Spastics.

• Downvote 1