Out Of Contract

McGinn is the only one I really care about losing. He's been a great player from his first day at the club.

This +1

McGinn has been a fantastic player for Aberdeen and while he has had his poor games (show me a player who has never had a poor game), his good games easily outnumber them ten fold.

Would love him to stay if we could get him to.

• Upvote 1

Might need a thread called "Who the f**k have we left" if paper stories have any truth with Sunderland after Derek, Sheerin linked to ICT if Foran goes, Harry Rednapp and Celtic after Hayes, McLean to Sevco and Fat Charlie Allan even retired from EE. Hopefully we get some announcements of signings and contract extensions soon

Looked ready to me

This - if we're not going to do anything with these kids then why keep them... Scott Wright is ready, the look of respect between him and Shinnie at the PT game was almost homoerotic... If anyone can develop him play it's DMc and Shinnie... by all means have more players in a squad that adaptable but having Christie, Hayes, Wright, Tansey, Shinnie, O'Connor and Another fighting for midfield places would be a great if you sell McLean and use the money to develop the squad...

I do think we should replace two of McGinn/Pawlett/Christie so that might mean Wright is not an absolute first pick but that doesn't mean he cant be much more involved getting occasional starts and getting decent amount of minutes off the bench.

I'd see Maloney being a good signing in that respect because often he'll be coming off early and Wright will get a run off the bench.

There needs to be a real commitment to give him a decent amount of minutes though or else you just make the decision to loan him out till January

Time we started giving youth a proper chance. Give Wright a decent run in the team. Pointless giving him 5/10 cameos every 3/4 games.

Agree, has any of the youngsters we've sent out on loan actually came back and made a success of it? There's probably a certain aspect of their confidence taking a knock after being so close to the first team, the standard of football not being great in the Championship/Division 1 and seeing boys they've grown up with eventually drift into oblivion when they've followed the same career path. I'm not saying the loan systems a bad thing but for a 20 year old Wright its not time to see if he can sink or swim by giving him a run of games.

I'm all for giving youth a chance but every single game this season has been a must win bar Partick Thistle. What games should he have been given a start in? Especially when McGinn and Hayes have been as good as anyone in the league combined out of the Tims.

I'm all for giving youth a chance but every single game this season has been a must win bar Partick Thistle. What games should he have been given a start in? Especially when McGinn and Hayes have been as good as anyone in the league combined out of the Tims.

You are correct of course but there's been plenty games where we were coasting he could have got more than the usual 3 or 4 minutes.

I expect next season the lad will step up and become more of a regular.

The games that they were injured or suspended, rather than trying to shuffle about and play players out of position.

Would Wright have been the best option for those games? Bearing in mind that it's only 3 games that we're speaking about ignoring Hayes' 4 games at the start of the season.